STED: Starfield of Memorable Relics

I can never seem to find anyone that has played much of this game. This is one of the very few RPGs that have completely stumped me. I’m sure i’m missing something extremely stupid… but i can’t find anyone to compare notes with hehe.

So maybe someone here has gotten far into the game… possibly even beaten it? I’ve done everything with this game, started my own FAQ, hex edited it… but yet can’t get out of my stump. I’ve even given up on it for a few.

For those familiar, i think i’m stuck because i can’t find any codes for those computers at the tops of the towers. Or maybe i’m just missing one of the passcards hiding so deviously…? Ugh…

Okay… end rant here… :boring:

You’re actually playing STED? Dude, you’re my hero! Good luck beating the game, legend has it that not even Necrosaro himself has made it all the way through.

I didn’t play much of this game, sadly. I played for about 15 minutes, so I never got too far. So I can’t be too much of a help.

You’re writing a FAQ? You should go all out and make a shrine on the game for us. There’s nothing I love more than seeing shrines on obscure games that nobody’s really heard of. Since old NES games are my specialty, I could even help you out in your work (it’d give me an excuse to play this game too).

Anyway, the only STED information website I know of is <a href=“http://www25.brinkster.com/mechano/nes/sted/sted-main.htm” target="_blank">here</a>, but there’s not much info…

Interestingly enough… that is my site you linked to… or at least the meager page i had started for STED. The site is mostly dedicated to the more unheard of games or ones i found fun for some reason.

Back when i was determined to beat it, i was talking heavily with Necrosaro about the game. I was sure that this game was only a beta and had no end to it. But Necrosaro told me he did translate an ending… so maybe the game is just lacking a middle. He did offer at the time to make me a ‘walkthru-obsticles’ code.

Maybe what i need is a dump of the script… i know that’s cheating, but this game is being difficult. Maybe skimming the script could give me a hint to what i could be doing wrong maybe?

At any rate, i hex edited all the stats for everyone, money and items. So i guess in reality i could have beaten it by giving myself all the passcards and whatever else i thought was an important item. Though i lost my hex data… but no problem to find the values again.

Well, i’m going to start refreshed and start playing up to where i was stuck. Some of the stuff i need to recompile again, though i still have all the lists o’ weapons/armour/etc somewhere backed up.

Maybe two heads tackling this game will be able to conquer it?

Is Necrosaro & j2e still around?

You think this game is only a beta? It was definately released. It is listed at <a href=“http://www.fuchu.or.jp/~kazuhiro/games/gsInfo.cgi?mac=FAM&gcode=G00215” target=“blank">Kazuhiro’s Game Catalog</a> as having been released July 27, 1990. They wouldn’t list a release date if the game was only an incomplete beta (In addition, here’s a picture of the actual <a href="http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/history/images/famicom/good/Sted-_Iseki_Wakusei_no_Yabou_cart.jpg” target="_blank">cart</a>). Unless the only known ROM is just a beta or something. But that seems unlikely. There’s probably a way to get through where you’re stuck. I remember how stuck I got when I first played through the Musashi, but I was able to trudge through it eventually. Perserverence, my friend.

J2E sorta disappeared, and I don’t know what happened to Necrosaro.

That cart definitely shows more landmass than i’ve accessed… a lot of land.

I haven’t beaten Musashi yet, but i’ve yet to get so stumped like in STED. I wish i could adequately describe just all i’ve done in STED to get progress.

But if you are serious in helping, we should knock heads and come up with some plan of attacking STED. I’ll dig out my old stuff i’ve written up. If you have yahoo you can catch me on there, if not i can just PM you.

If you ever get too stumped in Musashi, you can always to go my <a href=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/musashi” target="_blank">Musashi Shrine</a>. That should answer any questions you’d have.

And, sure, I’ll give STED a try. I’m not hard to get ahold of. I think I’ll just start playing on my own and see how far I can get, then we can start comparing notes or something.

And here I thought I was the only one playing it!

Originally posted by Igatona
And here I thought I was the only one playing it!

AH-HA! Someone else to compare notes with! So how far along have you gotten? Manage to get any of the 4 digit codes for the computer up in those towers?

Originally posted by Hiryuu
If you ever get too stumped in Musashi, you can always to go my <a href=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/musashi” target="_blank">Musashi Shrine</a>. That should answer any questions you’d have.

I had gathered info while i was playing Musashi to put up on that site i had some STED info on. But since finding RPGClassics, i stopped and just going to link RPGClassics… also for Heracles 2 (much better shrines than i was going to do hehe). So that saves me two games i -was- working on hehe.

Now i can get back to finishing up Sword of Hope 1 and 2 and now STED :smiley:

Umm, what system is STED for?

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Umm, what system is STED for?

Famicom/NES, and translated by j2e

Originally posted by Shizukana Wolf
AH-HA! Someone else to compare notes with! So how far along have you gotten? Manage to get any of the 4 digit codes for the computer up in those towers?

I’m at the beginning. I haven’t had time to play it a lot. I’m busy trying to not get my ass kicked.

Well, if you need a boost, i just finished my hex editing guide for the game (using nesticle savestate file). Since i have no programming skills whatsoever, i can’t write up a cool little package to do all the hex editing. So everyone would be on their own to get a hex editor and do it all manually.

Note on my game progress:

Just beaten the guy in the first tower (far west of Orvis on an island connected by bridges) and can now access one of those buildings (on the far east coast). Getting closer to where i was stumped back when i made my first attempt to beat this game.

Also working on a walkthur as i play…

This concerns where i’m stuck (same damn place as last time)
Okay, so this is going to contain possible spoilers, so you’ve been warned…

:Spoiler warning ahead:

Okay, so i got Pass 1 from the first tower in the far northwest of the first continent that grants access to the second major continent via tunnels under the water. There is a tower on the small island when you exit the first tunnel, but you can’t enter it.

Over on the second continent, you find another tower in the far southeastern corner. But you don’t gain any items here, -no- Pass 2 or anything like that. Just another computer with a different colour gem thingy that asks for a 4 digit password. I’ve yet to find anything that even remotely hint to waht these passwords could be. Nor have i had anyone mention anything yet about these computers up in these towers… ugh!

Items i have that i’ve found no use so far that i’m pretty sure are quest items:
Litromin and BrkHarp

Other items i haven’t found uses for:
Ito (found after battle) and SuprNES (can be sold for a ton of cash, could be it’s intended use).

Clues i haven’t the slightest idea what they mean:
“…There is an eccentric man living south of the giant rock.”
Learned after returning a watch to a woman in Seiruni.

Maybe finding thise ‘eccentric’ man is the key to making progress. But i’ve not seen anything that could be this ‘rock’ spoken of. I’ve explore south of just about all those single montain icons (i have no idea if it’s a hidden hotspot or what). So i just walk over every inch of land hoping to stumble upon something. I’m missing it here… and it could be something so obvious that i’m easily over looking it.

So i hope someone has caught up to me and can start tag teaming this problem with me hehe.

Or maybe the game is just broken here, and some event is just not happening heheh :hyperven:

Progress update:

Ziltch… :moogle:

But at least i’ve gathered a nice amount of info, plus putting together the maps i’ve drawn up.

I don’t suppose anyone has caught up to where i am?

Guess it’s been awhile… anyone else make progress? heh, yup, i’m still determined to beat this damn game if it kills me. Though still stuck at the above mentioned spoilers. sigh

Someday I’ll play this game. Mark my words.

But it won’t be any time soon.

[b]Someday I’ll play this game. Mark my words.

But it won’t be any time soon. [/b]

When i finally beat it, eh? heheh
Some help you are :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

I WILL TRIUMPH OVER YOU STED!!! shakes fist menacingly

:thud:

Originally posted by Shizukana Wolf
When i finally beat it, eh? heheh
Some help you are :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

No. When I don’t have so much shit going on in my life, and when I clear the queue of other RPGs I want to beat.

No. When I don’t have so much shit going on in my life, and when I clear the queue of other RPGs I want to beat.

Oh my, don’t talk to me about queue hehehe, i have too many lined up and playing too many simultaneously it’s not funny. But i have that problem with trying to focus on one… i want to attempt to play them all. And of course you end up not enjoying them fully taking that route.

Playing Shin Megami Tensei heavily (trying more to just focus on this one), then Bahamut Lagoon, followed by Rudra no Hihou, then STED… and that’s only the beginning hehe. Of course work gets in the way of all my RPG playing time too… damn work… heh

Though i did make slight progress in STED. Someone e-mailed me outta the blue because they were playing it and stumbled on my site looking for a walkthru. Seems he had done one more thing that i hadn’t. So i did it… and stuck again. At least i get to add a line or two more to my walkthru. I was hoping this would have been the breaking point to beating the game… i guess not yet.

I actually have something big to announce. No, i haven’t beaten STED yet, buuuuut for those of you who’s beaten the first tower, i’ve found the computer code.

And of course, it was by dumb luck i made ths discovery. I rarely use the hospitals, and Orvis is out of the way, i never had stepped in their hospital. Which is exsactly were these guys where convienently hiding! If it wasen’t for Corona dying on me before visiting Orvis…
So bring that Litromin you where probably lugging around for a bit and use it one one of these guys. You’ll now have the computer password for the first tower!

Unfortunately, this dosn’t help where i am still currently stuck; looking for some darn “eccentric man south of the giant rock”.

But at least i covered a major hurdle…