Steam - Or Friday Can't Come Sooner

So who here uses Steam to buy PC games. I never really used them until last December when the entire store had games on sale for super cheap. Now I buy games every once a while, especially when Friday’s Weekend Deal shows up.

Welcome to four years ago.

Hey, no need to be mean, Rinn :confused:

I like picking up the classic games as well. You think that’s bad, I’ve just started getting back into my Half-Life 2 save… from 2005!

I can never do that. I always end up starting over when something like this happens, even if I only haven’t played in like a month. This is why there are games I’ve never finished.

I can understand doing that if you get really into the story of things. For me, it’s more about the gameplay. If it’s fun to play, then I can easily get back into it and recap the story if I forgot anything. Now a days story doesn’t play a big role in my enjoyment of a game, but it’s a nice touch if it’s a good story.

I reread yesterday the first 20 pages of Pratchett’s Eric rather than continue from the bookmark though if I try to replay Might and Magic VI, I’ll be damned if I start from scratch rather than get my meteor-showering party to clear them dungeons.

I would use Steam if they hadn’t gone and given us a fifty percent price hike by suddenly changing to Euros. They even have the gall to charge us a tax we don’t have! Steam can go and sod themselves, I’ll use Impulse.

My gf got world of goo for 5 bucks, it was great. I felt so bad for the creators though :(.

World of Goo is a great game.

Yeah I picked it up when it was $5 as well. It’s so awesome. I think it would have been worth its original price, I’m just… cheap.

I bought World of Goo from the official site. Didn’t even use Steam at all then.

Now I use Steam pretty much all the time, mostly because it’s just about the only way I can actually play games and still keep in touch in case people try to contact me.
In game chat overlay is awesome.
Also, I like being able to buy games without having to take a 30 min walk (and back again) just to see if the game I want is availible or not.

Well, twenty pages of a good book by an author who can throw in awesome little things on every page, and then some, isn’t that bad to reread.
Heck, I reread entire books overnight when I can’t sleep. >_>
(Okay, so maybe it takes two nights sometimes, but you get my point. :P)

Yeah, getting back into groove rather than try to remember what happened last was certainly worth rereading these pages. Not to mention it was a good book.

TEAM MOTHERFUCKIN PEGGLE

HELL YEAH PEGGLE

Orange Boxes for ten bucks this weekend. If you ever wanted to get one, now’s the time!

Speaking of, anyone here still play Team Fortress?

Orange Box? $10? Sold.
Also, Peggle rocks ass.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy Orange Box sometime soon now that I got a new video card… it would have been nice to have a hard copy but $10 can not be beat!