Statue To Be Used As Anti-Gay Statement

http://www.petitiononline.com/mrphelps/petition.html
I found the link through a friend. I don’t know if there is an actual article, but thisis just as good. If you want, sign the petition!

Haven’t we seen this here?

signs

EDIT: I’ve seen the article before, but the pettition is new to me.

signed
I haven’t seen the petition before, but I still say the preacher is horrible.

That’s awfully dispicable. And in Matt Shepards home town? Has he no shame?

I doubt it. HE’s more likely to celelbrate the death of a gay man, and say how we’re all going to hell for resisting it.

But it doesnt’ matter. He won’t listen to the petition. Online petitions only really serve to vent frustrations, but nothing more than that.

Edit: Fred Phelps has been called a “first-class nut” by Jerry Falwell. That’s pretty fucking bad, if you ask me.

Edit #2: Hmm apparently Phelp’s “church” is picketing five locations in Detroit come the 14th. Hmmm I know this is hateful itself, but I’m thinking it might be cool to have them see if Matthew Shepard is burning in hell.

89608 Signatures Total

It’s been a while since I’ve heard about this. I wonder if anything has happened.

Mind you, this is from a guy who believes not only should homosexuality be a crime that carries the death penalty <i>in EVERY COUNTRY</i>, but he acts like he’s the only messenger from God and we all must listen and agree with him lest we go to hell. Not to mention he blames veterans for the “fag takeover of America” and celebrates 9/11 as a show of God’s anger and hatred of America because we don’t sentence homosexuals to lethal injection (Although he’d probably insist on a more painful method, the hypocritical bitch.)

Kinda hard to take him seriously after that.

Hasn’t anyone shot him yet? No? Pity. :too bad;

And if he does put the statue up, how many weeks will it stay up before some enraged citizen pulls it down and force-feeds it to old Freddo? Absolutely zilch, I’d wager :noway:

I really doubt that petition will do anything, since it’s 1. online and 2. made on a petitions website (you can create your own easily and sign it 500 times)

No-one pays attention to these things. Kudos for trying though.

What a shame that a man who claims to be a preacher of God has indulged in such a disgusting act of hatred.

We’ve had a post about it already, but we didn’t link to the petition there.

I signed it, not that anyone listens to people on the Internet.

And this is why some people say that all religious beliefs should be outlawed.

I laugh at both parties, but I don’t laugh at the tragedy.

Tch.
This guy disgusts me.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
Tch.
This guy disgusts me.

Don’t worry about it, you disgust him as well.

That’s because he has a such a strict sense of “morality” that he forgets: “Love the sinner, hate the sin.”

And this guy calls himself a Christian? Let’s try again, dumbass.

Originally posted by StarStorm
[b]That’s because he has a such a strict sense of “morality” that he forgets: “Love the sinner, hate the sin.”

And this guy calls himself a Christian? Let’s try again, dumbass. [/b]

Amen to that. Christianity is not about hating people who sin, even though that’s been the method used by many of its ministers and leaders since it began. They think that their status is elevated by their position, and believe that God has sent them to do his work by any means necessary. When Jesus sent the Apostles out, he didn’t tell them to kill anyone that did anything that was against the bible, because if he did, the whole planet would be wiped out.

(Ironically, the Apostles were all executed except one, who died in exile.)

People like this sicken me. Hatred like this is what gives religion a bad name. It’s what drives the path to war and all-around madness. And saying that everyone that died in 9/11 was killed because God was mad isn’t a good thing, especially since, by his viewpoint, God was using the “heathens” to do his work. Still, killing him wouldn’t work; let’s just watch as he is humiliated, hopefully excommunicated, and hopefully dies a sad, lonely death.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Still, killing him wouldn’t work; let’s just watch as he is humiliated, hopefully excommunicated, and hopefully dies a sad, lonely death.

Amen to that!

Does this mean I don’t get to throw grenades at the picketers?

I was hoping to paint some white and pretend I was egging them.