StarCraft

Starcraft is far from dead, at this given moment there are 47805 users on starcraft broodwars.

There is a channel on the east gateway named RPGC but people usually just come in to play starcraft when someone brings it up in the chat room.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Note that the $40 is for the Battle Chest.

I got it for 20.

YOU LOSE

and does anyone know where to find UMS maps, perferrably the Aeon of Strife series?

No, but Campaign Creations is full of maps to suit all tastes.

I play it, I like it. I’m not great at the melee stuff, but I’m usually the best on my team, so I get ambushed by the other three guys at once, sigh

And Norrec, on the offchance you meet me online, I have one of the Aeon of Strife maps that you can get from me.

[b]I got it for 20.

YOU LOSE
[/b]

I got it for 15.

YOU LOSE :o

Originally posted by Cloud Strife X
[b]I got it for 15.

YOU LOSE :o [/b]

I played it a long LONG time for free.

YOU LOSE

I got it from a friend for free and burned it for free

YOU LOSE

Oh does any one like to play the WWII maps on there, if so pop me a message plz

Are you talking about that old Normandy UMS?

The one that’s two hours long and nigh to impossible to beat, even with a full house?

It’s possible to beat, Cless. Rast designed a strategy, and we were able to beat it with it =P

Yes, well, we know how much of a life Rast has :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s still quite an accomplishment, though.

It’s not impossible. I’ve beat it two times(both with only 3 people including myself)without much of a strategy.

Unless max infanty upgs, get max ghosts/marines, get dropships, unload them near enemy base, and nuke the hell out of every building and shoot the units is one

As for WW2 maps he probably ment like WW2: Death in Europe and other maps like that.

Well, there weren’t any nukes in the map I’m talking about.

The game is quite well-designed, though. There are many strategic paths you could take just on the battlefield without even thinking about it (ex. taking out the turrets so the wraiths can kill the tanks, or taking out the tanks with suicide wraiths so the troops can move in, yelling at everyone to push left, push right, etc)

Yes indeed. It’s one of the best UMS in my opinion.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Psh. We all start somewhere. You’ll get good soon enough, don’t worry.
I’ve been playing for like 3 years and I still suck :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Kagon
Well, there weren’t any nukes in the map I’m talking about.

The orignal there isn’t. In Normandy SE(superscript 2)which is the same thing just with a few more added features.

Nukes are off set by a 50 mineral cost to try to make it more balanced.

Originally posted by Flintedge
I’ve been playing for like 3 years and I still suck :stuck_out_tongue:

You play once every 15.442 months. For 4 seconds.

Originally posted by Gamer5389
[b]It’s not impossible. I’ve beat it two times(both with only 3 people including myself)without much of a strategy.

Unless max infanty upgs, get max ghosts/marines, get dropships, unload them near enemy base, and nuke the hell out of every building and shoot the units is one

As for WW2 maps he probably ment like WW2: Death in Europe and other maps like that. [/b]

yes i was refering to WWII DIE maps but ill play any that you like

What is UMS Normandy?

ive never heard of it and i have of most of the WWII maps

I believe the Battle of Normandy is the one where you may select from various Terran heroes (Ghost, Firebat, Marine, etc) and get upgrades for them through killing, healing, and obtaining minerals through shipments (not totally in the amount of kills). You may also puchase batallions of units such as wraiths.

In the beginning there is a field of Uraj crystals in which the enemy does not breach and you get some early killing and upgrading/purchasing done. Then the field disappears and it’s computer on computer with you and your allies leading the charges. The allied computer generates waves and waves of ghosts, marines, firebats, wraiths, goliahts, and the enemy has defending siege tanks, bunkers, turrets, enemy marines, etc.

There are strategic checkpoints such as a generator and a satellite which you can destroy to obtain objectives, and if all the heroes push towards one objective, they are almost sure to succeed in it (such as driving down the left or right or center side in order to accomplish an objective)

However, the computer can reclaim land if you ignore one side too long, and breach to where your friendly units generates. In that case, you’re fucked.

You may also purchase lives and the like, so an ally who plays smart is almost never out of the game completely. (Note that when you buy upgrades, they may also apply to the squardrons you buy. However, you are an infantry unit and the troops you buy are always mechs, so I guess it doesn’t matter. Or maybe you can choose a goliath. I forget.)

You destroy something at the end to win, or maybe it has something to do with the 2 hours. I dunno, I’ve never gotten that far with people :stuck_out_tongue: