Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Help Thread

not really dude, just start another file and activate the battle trophy thing.

Have done! Check the siggy out 33 in just over 3 hours.

How do I recruit Mayu for my item creation thingy? it says:

Name: Mayu
Specialty: Cooking
Time: +0%
Cost: -30%
To Recruit: Adorable Kitty Doll

But Ive checked every item list and AKD is not on it. is this a japanese translation? Where do i get this item?

You have to Craft the Kitty Doll yourself.

Fayt, Cliff, Nel, Roger, Adray and Stanice are able to make it. The base cost is 241 FOL without cost% taken into effect.

PS:

http://www.crashedweb.com/so3/

There’s a helpful link for item creation questions.

I can’t recruit Nel on my second visit to Elicoor II(sp?). She kept on saying that she’s busy and tells Fayt to visit her again some other time.

How many people do you have on your team, Fenril? Maybe her slot is taken by someone else?

I have Fayt, Sophia, Cliff, Albel, Adray, and Maria. I got two more slots available.

Burn Tree Burn! Hey, Fire ball from an Ice sword, Nice!! OK Just crossed the Desert where you need to fill your Drinky? Bottle and Run on to the next oasis.

What are your Recomendations for My party for the rooms after the Chess peices? (I’ve copyed the Help earlier)

I’ve got Fayt at L30 (Healing book learnt, Fire ball sword, (XL Fire, OL Ice, OS Blade of Fury)
Cliff and Nel at L29
and Maria? at L21 (Learn Both Healing(Eqip) and Offecive Magic )

I rarely play any one Else then Fayt.

Big Nutter
Why is Tynave so Hot…

Still really confused with item creation. I just got the Ring of Disintegration and I’m finally starting to get enough money to do useful item creation. Several questions about money and IC:

-Do you actually get money from your inventors? How and when?
-What exactly is happening when you try inventing stuff and your FOL keeps dropping like a stone? Are your other inventors also inventing things? Are they always the same thing you’re inventing? Does this happen when you’re not personally inventing things also, and does that mean you lose money all the time during the regular gameplay too?
-Should I actually bother inventing things or should I just let my inventors do it for me?

So far I’ve dabbled here and there and I’ve come up with about ten items I’ve patented, not a single which one has been remotely useful. >< This is way stupider than SO2’s Item Creation… they expect us to calculate base prices and inventor prices and figure out how to do every single one of the damn items? I can’t very well carry my computer downstairs to use that invention calculator you linked. ><

Fenril, I’m sorry… you had to have talked to Nel earlier in the game and answered that you don’t have time to chat. But don’t feel too bad… you have Albel, a character I passed up but am now regretting.

BN, I’d say those levels are fairly good. Then again, it’s really not levels that make your characters strong… it’s the equipment. It’s actually not too difficult to defeat the final boss on Level 1 if you’re equipped well.

I would suggest you swap Maria into your team though and start working on her. Her stat boosting spells like Power Up will be a great asset in an upcoming battle. 8)

Cid, I’m not entirely sure if your inventors earn you money (nor do I know if the big ranking system even does anything), but I do know that you need to recruit specific inventors to invent specific things. There are also items such as the Cherubic Bust that increase your chances of successful item creation (remember the Lezard Flask and Soldering Iron and things like that in SO2)?

When you create an item with Original Creation, there will be a Base Cost on the right side of the screen. This Base Cost dictates which item you will create with item creation, and each item has a Base Cost range. That link I posted earlier is very helpful for determining which items you will actually create, as it does the math for the cost reductions and additions each inventor you hire has.

The thing with the money dropping is that when you go out to create an item, your team keeps trying to create the item over and over again. Watch the Time bar deplete; when it does, your inventors will either smile (success) or frown (failure) and the inventor’s fees will be depleted. I THINK you have to end the inventing session before the Time bar bottoms out or nothing will come of it.

Your inventors will proceed to invent their own inventions as the game progresses, and the inventions are brought into the game in a random order. The thing is, when an item is introduced to stores, it’s sold in limited quantity. I learned this the hard way when I bought out and wasted a bunch of recently invented Resurrection Bottles. Ouchu.

I’ve never actually LOST money over item creation. To tell you the truth, I don’t understand all of the aspects of item creation myself, but I do know it to the point that I’ve defeated all but one of the hidden bosses with absolutely no trouble. I never really invented anything until late Disc 2, when it became almost necessary to add positive properties to weapons.

The bottom line is, there are things you can invent that can make you quite a bit of money, but the best thing to do with Item Creation is weapon work and improving your older items. That’s what “Specify Plan” is for; it attemps to make your equipment better by adding new stats to it or improving what’s already there.

I did the same thing with the Resurrection Elixirs (and Mists too). >_<

When I talk about money dropping, I don’t mean the ones that get deducted after each round. I’m talking about an Original Creation with a base price of around 200 Fol, and me losing close to 10,000 Fol per round. That’s what I’m talking about.

Dalton, what is that link to the item creation thingy you showed me a few nights ago? I lost it and am in need of it ;_; I just skimmed through the thread and couldn’t find it.

edit: Can anyone list the things you need to do to have a party of Fayt, Cliff, Mirage, Maria, Albel, Nel…and two other useful and coooool characters? I keep reading guides that confuse me and mess me up so i am constantly unsure of what to do.

What characters will end up with me no matter what? As in, which ones permanently stay?
How do I get the others, that will not, that I’ve listed? Do I need to see any PA’s?

edit: oh the link is right there.

Dragon! Just a Q, Who’s and How do get the Lady on the Moutain with the dragons on it in your workshop?

Big Nutter
And hints on great Inventing.

Uh Im in the sealed cave and all of the guides are telling me to use disintegration hammer or whatever…did I miss something? I definately did not pick this up…

You must get the bunny key. It’s behind the bunny staute and go into the bunny door. There you can get the disintegration ring. Hope I’m not remembering it differently. Dalton Of Zeal am I correct?

Where is the bunny key? :\ and the bunny statue and door?

In the very right corner of Ursla cave.

Where the hell is Ursla cave?! I don’t even remember such a dungeon. I’m only on the first disc…

Eva, Are you talking about The road/cave to the Temple?

I know a Nun? gives you 10 Hammers them in the Church of Whatitsname in Aquaria, or you find a Retail Rabitt…

Big Nutter
Bunny East, Door to Rabit West, Dragon bolders NW
EDIT: Fenril_knight: Why is Nel Riding A Chocobo?

The Bunny Key is behind the Bunny statue in the Ursa Lava Cave.

EDIT: Like a dumbass, I didn’t read before the last post, so here goes:
The nun next to the stairs leading to the Sealed Cave will give you 10 Disintegration Hammers. If you run out, you have to backtrack to the nun to get more. The nun will explain how and where to use said hammers.