Star Ocean 3

I forgot some thing: why is Tinave is so hot?

Why don’t you just try renting the game?

Claire and Nel > Tynave

Just one point: As I get further into the game, I’m agreeing more and more with whoever was complaining about the MP damage thingy. >_< Really annoying, considering how few ways there are to heal MP.

Actually, right before you go to the OPA, you can buy Blackberries in Aquias for less than Blueberries. I stocked up. Too bad you can only hold 20.

Oh, and I went and gave Cliff an extra 5 levels in MP since he has so little naturally.

I can have as many Blackberries as I want; if I can only use one of them every seven seconds and I have three people getting blasted by MP damage at once, that’s not a recipe for easy survival. -_-

'shoulda played on Earth mode if you wanted easy survival.

Don’t patronize me. >_< I don’t like playing on modes designed to truncate the playing experience.

If you’ve got a problem with MP damage then you could always try using Maria, she’s long-range and tends to take much less damage MP or otherwise than other characters.

The other two possibilities are to equip a convert damage to shunt your MP damage into HP damage, which can be current easily. Or you could do what I did and equip an item that gives you MP regen of 3% or 6% (depends on the item) every few seconds and avoid the problem completely.

Still, I find it hard to believe that you’re having trouble at the OPA, I was good until about floor 3 of the sphere corporation, but by that point I was just about out of healing items and had to stop level boosting until I got back to Paterny.

I’m not having trouble, I just took some extra precautions from all the times Cliff died from MP damage.

Perhaps, but instead of saying “easy survival”, you should just have said survival, because there’s no “easy survival” in this game. Nope.

(I want the 4th costumes condition)

(Yes, I’m not really adding anything to the conversation)

NEL!!! You really don’t want me to be over Tynave…

Big Nutter
It’s sad when you talk to computer Game Chatacters, as if they we’re real…

people stop complaqining about mp damage!!! i finished the game for F sakes!
i never got game over from mp…damage just let your charecter die from it and give him fresh sage like with hp…!!! its not hard!

and to answer your question dude with the 2pac avatar…
the game is cool…i finished it…took me 57 hours…still have lots of stuff to do though…thought i would get bored after finishing main story…i dont
so like osmeone else said…just rent it…if we all like it why wouldnt you!
sio give it a try and see for your self really!

Sorc, here is how it ends up working out:

The battle system is a much better version of the same style. They have very successfuly cut back on the constant mashing effect that used to be common. There is a benefit to resting and not attacking for a few seconds, and the timing is such that attacking when your opponent is blocking must be done with intelligence. Still, it ultimately boils down to a bastardized virtua fighter combat with items, spells and a very short move list.

If you liked the item creation, and that is what sold the game, I have a warning for you: item creation is much slower, and not a very lucrative process. Where in SO2, all you had to do was get Celine’s craft up pretty high and start crafting the hell out of silver until you were rich as fuck, in this game, the item cration prefers to be an expensive process and a hateful one at that. Still, some crafted items rock, and I like it, just not as much.

The plot is tedious, but the characters are actually kind of fun after you get to know them a little. They are still somewhat two dimensional, but hell, what were you expecting, a hero that chickens out and doesn’t save the universe?

The mapping of the game is much like FFX, with the lack of a world map and all, but I don’t know yet if an air transport will ever exist, so sometimes, backtracking can be a real bitch.

Most of the female characters are dressed like whores, but unlike many games these days, not EVERY one of them looks slutty, so if you have issues there, its not nearly as offensive as X-2 (offensive that they thought they could sell us fake women and call it a decent game).

Anything else to say about it… um yeah, don’t rent it unless you canb get it for a week or have a lot of time to play it, it doesn’t get that interesting for while.

Yes the plot is shot at you by a rail gun, and the only way you can not see it coming is by closing your eyes, but hey, now that I have made it past the second major plot developement, I don’t know what course it will take to reach the somewhat obvious conclusion.

Now as for the rest of you:

Turn off the subtitles and the dialog flows VERY well. I too had subs on at the beginning, but after the scene where the captain kept announcing over the loud speaker, with his name that was a whole line long, I decided that the quality of the scene was more important than hearing every word.

As for knowing what to do with the plot, by missing the dialog, yeah it was tough at times, but when I went back and talked in the private actions, one of the other characters always told me the immediate destination.

And last but not least: I was really depressed when I got the battle trophy for time in battle, it made me feel like I had played the game too much. I felt like such a loser I turned off the game immediately, without saving the trophy. The problem was that the very next time I played the game, I got the trophy again. Damn that was depressing.