SSBB new challenger speculation

Maybe they could implement the kirby like stealing power once X has knocked out one of the players. Like say Mega Man knocks Link out of the area making him lose his last life. -CutScene!- Mega Man now has a Bomber Man power :smiley: or something else.

I would personally kill to see Chrono, or Sonic in SSBB.

If they gave Mega Man a copy ability I will hate nintendo forever. Capcom made Mega Man only able to copy the abilities of mavericks and other compatible robots. Itā€™s all on wikipedia, but in short the variable weapons system (VWS) is only compatible with a robot with a noteworthy ability.

Itā€™s like when they screwed up Simon Belmont and made him gay with himself (no offense to anyone). :expressionless:

Youā€™re talking about Geno from Super Mario RPG?

That would be pretty dang cool, I think.

Iā€™ll be happy as long as Fox and Falco stay in.

Well, obviously. :smiley:

I think having Captain N as a secret character would be pretty sweet, ha. ā€œPause!ā€ However, Iā€™ve never played a SSB game, so what do I know?

I thought of that, but if Kirby already has that power, how would Mega Man be different? Though I agree, that if they did Captain N, theyā€™d have to do MM anyway. Perhaps one of his moves could be to summon Fliptop (I believe that was his name, correct me if Iā€™m wrong) to give him a random item to change his weapon?

If they did Captain N, they would have to do the visored green Mega Man. Now the real one.

Flip-Top is an acceptable alternative to Eddie.

I still want to see Little Nemo. If he is in SSBB then I can die happy.

Who says you have to make Megaman use all those powers from the games heā€™s in? Just give him some basic attacksā€¦ maybe the up special can be an attack with Beat, and forward special can be an attack with Rush. Obviously standing special would be his blaster charge, not sure what down special would be.

A lot of his powers are often repeats, anyway - Shields, returnign projectiles, scattershotsā€¦

Make him create new games till none of his opponents can finance their mortgage. That will show them.

My friend and I decided that Smash Bros needs the following additions:

1. Ricky Bobby, plays similar to Capt. Falcon

2. Jennifer Garner, (or Sydney Bristow), who can transform into four different forms using her Alias powers, and one of the forms is Elektra.

3. The cast of FF Tactics (as a single character), plays similar to the Ice Climbers, except much more confusing and difficult to control since thereā€™s like 50 of them rather than 2.

4. Uncle Pennybags, the Monopoly Mascot. His attacks include hitting with various monopoly items, such as the iron or the thimble.

It also needs the following stages:

1. Sentinel Hill: The hill in Westfall in World of Warcraft, with the tower and stuff.

2. ā€œSentinel Hillā€ Saint Markā€™s, the hilly area in Portland in GTA3 & Liberty City Stories where the Mafia hangs out in their Sentinels (hence the nickname) and has a nifty jump on the side.

3. Sentinel Hills, a combination of the above.

I suppose that would work. Itā€™s just my personal opinion that those weapon/color changes make Mega Man, ā€œmegaā€. Rush and Beat would distinguish him from any other walking robot with guns, but different weapons would more appropriate I would think. Perhaps taking then from the original Mega Man would be best, maybe lke Fireman, Iceman, Gutsman, Bombman?

The down+B attack could be used to change mega manā€™s weapon. Like how zelda changed back and forth.

Or if you want to be tarty about it, after every time Megaman kills an opponent (with or without a certain attack, just for gameplay value), when the opponent dies, a capsule flys on the screen opposite of the way he/she/it died. Thrown right, capsule comes left, Spiked down, capsule comes from bottom. Megaman then has to pick that capsule up, and upon such, gains a bit of the enemies power as a B move. Think like using Kirby-powers, but trickier to get. And they wonā€™t be complete rip-offs of the other characters abilities; itā€™d vary slightly.

Iā€™m pulling for Little Mac, Hector, Ripley (small, think Bowser with Wings), the L-shaped block from Tetris, and Nester.

As for characters being OUT of the game, I belive that three are going to get canned. Pichu is definately out, as itā€™s the most fan requested and Nintendo Has adknowledged this fact. Iā€™m betting on Yoshi for the other one, the lack of third jump killed him, and wasnā€™t very popular compared to the others. The third I believe will either be one of the cloned characters or Ice Climbers/Game and Watch. IC and G&W are NOT HORRIBLE CHARACTERS despite it all. IC are fully capable of pulling off a maim-fest, and G&W can do some wierd crazy unorthodox shit. Most of itā€™s aerial, that I have seen, though. As for clone-outs, I want to say Young Link. Not that he was awful, but now that theyā€™re using Twilight Princess-style Link for the character model, using Orcrina of Time Young Link would seem too out of place IMO.

Thatā€™s from Aliens, the boss from Metroid is RiDley.

FUCK THAT SHIT. Yoshi kicks major ass. They canā€™t get rid of him, thatā€™s like getting rid of luigi or donkey kong.

Itā€™d be rather awesome if they went with TP Link, and WW Young Link.

Seeing his cell-shaded ass running around on the screen would be amusing.

Tell me about it.

Character: GWB
Special: Confuse
Regular attack: Accent

You can elaborate :D.

No, seriously. The L-shaped block could rotate over people, jump the sky and fall on people, and everything.

Or, Nintendo could just throw some old obscure NES game characters in the mix. Maria from ā€œLegend of Ghost Lionā€ as an example.