Square Enix' fiscal year - interesting...

from the Magic Box

• Square Enix announced their game plans at the business strategy conference in Japan today, they are planning to focus on the oversea market, namely North America and Europe; games will be localized more quickly than before. There will be five Final Fantasy related titles in US this year. Square Enix is also aiming to raise more profit from the PlayOnline services, there is a one billion loss in PlayOnline this year, but they are expecting 10.1 billion yen sales, and a 2.8 billion yen profit this year, which counts for 1/6 of the overall income.

• Square Enix plans to ship 11.1 million units of software worldwide in 2003, include 5.7 millions in Japan; 3.5 millions in North America; 1.85 millions in Europe; and 50,000 in other territories. Here are the breakdown of releases this year:

Japan - 23 titles (PS2: 9, PSone: 1, GBA: 2, GC: 1, PC: 9)
North America - 9 titles (PS2: 4, PSone: 1, GBA: 2, GC: 1, PC: 1)
Europe - 4 titles (PS2: 2, GBA: 2)
Other territories - 1 title (PS2)

• There are currently 250,000 subscribers to Final Fantasy XI in Japan, more than 100,000 players are online simultaneously. Here are the sales of the titles in the 2002 financial year (no sales figures released by Enix):

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) - 1,950,000 units
Unlimited SaGa (PS2) - 560,000 units
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS2) - 410,000 units
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) - 380,000 units
Final Fantasy XI (PS2) - 340,000 units

• Here are the Square Enix lineup in Japan until the end of March 2004. Dragon Quest VIII will be released in the next fiscal year, which is after April 1, 2004. Kingdom Hearts 2 is no hold until they have acquired license approval from Disney :

PlayStation 2
Drag-on Dragoon
All-Star Pro Wrestling III
Final Fantasy XII
Hanjuku Eiyuu VS 3D
Final Fantasy XI Entry Disc
Final Fantasy XI: Vision of Ziraat
plus 3 unannounced games

GameCube
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

GameBoy Advance
Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu
one unannounced game

PSone
two unannounced games

Looks like a good year is to come.

A Final Fantasy 12?I heard nothing about that thus far.

They’ve been talking about Final Fantasy XII since they announced Final Fantansy IX…

Beatcha too it Cala :stuck_out_tongue:

FFXII has been in the works since a little before FFX came out… S’posed to be really good…

And again, no new Chrono series game goddamnit.

We may luck out there are some unannounced games.

I. Want. DW4. grah -_-… Its very possible its an unannouced PS1 game.

Let me explain it for those who are insolent, FFX-2 is NOT FFXII.
I hate it when people say that it is, because it is not. FFX-2 is just that, FFX part 2. Just wanted to clear that up.

& it IS going to be a nice year. I hope they release Threads of Fate 2 soon…

Uh…nobody said anything about FFX-2 being FFXII…

No, Sorc, you said there was NEWS of it since FFIX. I said they were WORKING on it about FFX’s release. So we both win. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheater :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope. Technicality watcher. :slight_smile:

Blarg…me want Chrono Break.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
They’ve been talking about Final Fantasy XII since they announced Final Fantansy IX…

Yeah but back then they had virtually no info about it…and its release still seems to be in the shadow of FF X-2…

I don’t think anyone’s heard any details of XII.

some of FFXII has been leaked by Square, I do remember seeing a spell/summon/whateveritllbecalled that looked amazingly like Ifrit. But as it was a year ago its quite possible that it’ll be changed or I may be wrong.

God bless Square Enix. They better hurry up with those titles.

Wow, their game development isn’t taking its good old time…FFX-2 will probably get released and there will be talk of FF XIII.Damn, FF XI isn’t even out yet.

Originally posted by Sun Demon
some of FFXII has been leaked by Square, I do remember seeing a spell/summon/whateveritllbecalled that looked amazingly like Ifrit. But as it was a year ago its quite possible that it’ll be changed or I may be wrong.

Oh, you can rest assured that FFXII will be different from any screenshots that we’ve seen so far, since to my knowledge they were all faked.