Songs

ARRG you beat me to it %##%^

Let me go through my CD’s. These will be different genres, like r&b, soft rock, etc so I don’t know what you’re actually shooting for…hopefully you have a fast connection so you can try them all out to see if they’re what you want.

On Bended Knee-Boys 2 Men
More Than Words-Extreme
Here’s To The Night- Eve6
She’s All I Ever Had- Ricky Martin
Sway- Bic Runga
Take My Hand- Dido (BEAUTIFUL!)
I Just Called (To Say I Love You)- Stevie Wonder
You Sang To Me-Marc Anthony
Tell Me It’s Real- KC and Jojo
Need To Be Next To You- Leigh Nash
Secrets-Sylver
I Could Fall In Love With You-Selena
I Will Be Waiting For You- D Cru
Feel-Robbie Williams
I Would Do Anything For Love- Meatloaf
Lifetime Loving You- Marc Anthony
First Love- Utada Hikaru
This Love-Sarah Brightman
You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling-Righteous Brothers
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow-Shirelles
White Flag-Dido
Once In A Lifetime-Enigma (I think)
When I’m With You-Sheriff
Listen To Your heart- Roxette
Talk To Me Like Lovers Do- Eurythmics
Beautiful- Sarah Brightman
She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5
Too Young- Elton John
Sacrifice- Elton John
Amazed-Lonestar
Forever and For Always-Shania Twai
I’ll Be- Edwin McCain
Everything I Do- Bryan Adams

See…this is just a list of romantic songs…maybe not appropriate for dinner time, but you could always pick through them and see.

Everything I DO!!! That was the jam at my junior high school dances! There was a Boys II Men song, too. And some Garth Brooks track called “Thunder Rolls” or something. I really don’t even like commercial country but that was a pretty dope song.

buy a Kenny G CD and hit “random”

Oh, hell yeah. I’d also second the suggestion of “Something.” Also, certain kinds of techno can be very good for this. Try “Can You Feel It” by Larry Heard (you can find it on Soulseek, though the author may also be listed as “Mr. Fingers”), “Dark & Long” by Underworld, “Teardrop” by Massive Attack, and “Strings of the Strings of Life” by Derrick May.

You know Derrick May is the only one of those four who spins techno right?

Sexual Healing-Marvin Gaye

…What?

Yeah, Heard is probably better classified as “house,” and Massive Attack is “trip-hop.” I was using “techno” as a general term. I’d still qualify Underworld as “techno” even in the strict sense, though.

The general term would be electronic music, not techno. That would be like using the “general term” progressive rock to describe all rock. Techno is actually a pretty specific term for a type of electronic music.

On the topic of electronic music though…unless you know a whole lot about the DJs and producers, its probably best to get some sort of sampler. That way you can a good variety of good songs all on one comp instead of maybe buying a bunch of crappy songs because you liked one hit on the album. I guess this can be said about most if not all music…but most people are more familiar with rock, country, R&B, etc.

That’s true, but I think more people outside the subculture recognize the term “techno” than “electronica.” I’ve often found that, for some reason, when I talk to people about “electronica,” I get blank stares, but if I say “techno,” they have an idea of what I’m talking about. It’s just easier to use as a reference point.

It seems to me that you’re looking for prom slow dance type songs. So far I think Evangelion has had the best suggestions, although there have been other good ones. Here’s a few more

Hero, Butterfly - Mariah Carey
For You I Will - Monica
Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
How Do I Live - Leann Rimes
I Do - 98 Degrees
Lover Lay Down - Dave Matthews
I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
You’re Still the One - Shania Twain
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Take My Breath Away - Jessica Simpson
Nice and Slow, U Got It Bad - Usher
Hero - Enrique Iglesias (I know girls who were crazy over this one)
In My Life - The Beatles
Kiss from a Rose - Seal
Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Holiday in Spain - Counting Crows
Please Forgive Me - David Gray
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (the acoustic version is pretty mellow and mood-setting)
You and I Both - Jason Mraz
Pretty the World - Matt Nathanson (try to find a live version)
One - U2

Not sure what you’re looking for, but there should be something in there for you.

Omg, you posted a LOT of songs I mulled over and didn’t bother to list. Kudos, zombiegirl!

Only one person mentioned anything about sex (not counting 984’s joke response). Several people mentioned “getting the mood right” but you yourself mentioned that in your initial post.

Anyway, you’ve had three people list 20+ songs for you, and LOTS of others list songs as well. You have no reason to be crabby. This thread was (and will likely continue to be) a resounding success. Huzzah.

That wasn’t a joke response. Besides, I helped him in the chat. :frowning:

I’m not sure why this response made me laugh out loud, but it sure was fun to do. :smiley:

Anyway, Usher, yeah. Also, the Dave reminded me of another song he did with Santana that I liked - it was “Love of My Life”, and that’s on the Supernatural disc. It just has this sort of sultry sound to it, oh yeah. :smiley:

What am I talking about anyway? It’s not like I have a date, lol.

Get some Diana Krall renditions of songs…I like “So Nice (Summer Samba)” and especially “The Look of Love.” Also, Frank Sinatra has some nice ones, like “The Girl From Ipanema” and “The Way You Look Tonight”. Some other ones I like are “All My Life” by KC and JoJo, “Closely Dancing” by Arturo Sandoval, and “Ain’t That A Kick In The Head” by Dean Martin.

Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond parts 1-5, and parts 6-9
Pink Floyd - Hey You
Led Zeppelin - Going to California
Led Zeppelin - Babe, I’m Going To Leave You
Jimi Hendrix - Hey Babe (New Rising Sun)
The Doors - The Crystal Ship
The Doors - Wintertime Love

I’m not really that romantic of a person, but I think those songs would be good at doing the job. Depends on the couple I guess.

I started a list last night, but it got fucked up when my computer crashed. Trust me, it’s an excellent list (collaborated on by me and my girlfriend). It has way more songs than you’d ever need for romance and sexiness both. :slight_smile:

That post was made before people actually started making me lists, so what are you talking about again?

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions folks.

Slipknot- People Equal Shit

>>;

Uhm… try My Chemical Romance, or some Greenday. Whatsername is a good song.

the only thing Slipknot should be recommended for is if someone wanted to make the worst cd ever.