Songs

Ok, Valentines Day is coming up, and I need two CDs.

CD One is full of romantic dinner type songs. Give em to me.

CD Two I need to be full of great songs to get the mood right.

So lay em on me!

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (preferably the S&M version)

I’ll think of more later.

That would be kinda depressive for a dinner, no? o_O;

Moonspell - ‘How we became fire’ for the second one. >:D Matter of taste though.

Nothing Else Matters is depressing? o.O

What the hell? That’s horrible. Metallica is not romantic. For gods sake try again.

Seriously people, romantic songs.

Dude, NEM is pretty fucking romantic :stuck_out_tongue:

but okay… ummm
Look up some piano conciertos by bach or tchaichovsky.
Maybe look up some spanish dinner music (I think that’s actually what it’s called).

I dunno, it always seemed like a nice song… Dunno about romantic, but I thought it was a nice song regardless.

If you think Nothing Else Matters is romantic, it’s no wonder you never have a girlfriend steve.

Anyways, not to sound mean or anything, but I don’t want nice songs, I want romantic. It’s my goal - romantic, like I’ve got a bb gun and there’s a big neon sign that says “ROMANTIC”. And it blinks. And I’m aiming at it - it’s what I’m shooting for.

So just gimme the ammunition (songs, in case I lost you in the metaphor).

Duh! Anything by Barry White! :smiley:

Dude, it’s pretty goddamn hard to name a romantic song, but I can give you the general direction.
Like I said, shoot for Spanish guitar.

Obviously, but I want good Barry White, and there’s a lot of bad Barry White.

Listen, Barry White could read the fucking NEWSPAPER and it would sound sexy. Come on! :smiley:

Seriously though, of course “I Can’t Get Enough of Your Love” and “My First, My Last, My Everything”. That’s just immediately off the top of my head.

By the way, I saw an impersonator show in Las Vegas when I visited, and they had a Barry White impersonator who was excellent. Lots of fun.

Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me. I think by TISM or some such band name. >.>

If you’re counting on a bunch of RPG nerds to get you nooky, I’d suggest skipping two CDs and go and buy some Lubriderm.

Anyway though, I’d reccomend:

1. Lovage: Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady To by Dan the Automator

2. Why change a good thing? Anything Rick James, Barry White, Isaac Hayes, Curtis Mayfield, etc. These guys have been getting guys laid for generations…Or if subtlety is not your virtue, put on some Lil Jon and make her get nasty.

Mandy - Barry Manilow

I’m more of a heartbreak music kinda guy, but let’s see…

“Something” - The Beatles
“Unchained Melody” - The Righteous Brothers
“Immortality” - The Bee Gees
“Words” - The Bee Gees
“How Deep is your Love” - The Bee Gees
“You’re the Inspiration” - Chicago
“I Can’t Help Falling in Love” - Elvis Presley
“Love Me Tender” - Elvis Presley
“As Long as you Follow” - Fleetwood Mac
“I Swear” - John Michael Montgomery
“All My Life” - K-Ci and Jojo
“Dedicated to the One I Love” - The Mamas and the Papas
“Maybe I’m Amazed” - Paul McCartney and Wings
“When a Man Loves a Woman” - Percy Sledge
“Truly Madly Deeply” - Savage Garden
“Still the One” - Shania Twain
“Not a Moment Too Soon” - Tim McGraw
“Time of My Life” - Bill Medley
“We Can Last Forever” - Chicago
“Something in the Way She Moves” - James Taylor

I’m sure some of those songs could work for whatever you’re doing. And Nothing Else Matters’ lyrics are pretty “romantic”, but the fact that it’s Metallica means that it would be an absolutely terrible song to play during a candlelight dinner or to get in the mood. =P

Also, as everybody mentioned, anything by Barry White is perfect for getting the ladies in the mood.

Sigh.

I’m not relying on anybody to get me nooky, I can get that myself. I’m relying on RPG nerds to get me music, which is a completly formidable task. Furthermore, I know a lot of the people here are in their twenties and have had actual relationships with women, so I know they have to know some good songs.

Daniel Beddingfield - If You’re Not the One

I was posting facetiously dude…regardless, having relationships with women has nothing to do with musical taste. I’ve met more than enough musical idiots with girlfriends for that to be true. Anyway though, Lovage is about the best thing thats been listed so far, you should scoop it up. I really don’t like it…its too slow and down tempo for me, but I do appreciate it and I do realize its a gem.

That’s amore
Heaven