Song Suggestions

I’ve been wanting to make a new CD for a while. I like 80’s rock bads, like Guns n’ Roses, Motley Crue, ect. I don’t mind Velvet Revolver. Id like some suggestions, since I can’t make up my mind. Thanks.

White Zombie.

If you like White Zombie, try GWAR. Keep in mind to not take GWAR seriously. At all.

Hm, I never went for GWAR. I listened the first few seconds of ‘We Kill Everything’ and dropped it off.

edit: as for white zombie, I don’t pay much attention to the lyrics. It’s the guitar and bass that I love, and I like the beat of their drums.

Stryper.

This has nothing to do with 80s rock, but is really good nonetheless: Nothing to Lose by Billy Talent. I thought he sucked because he had a stupid name, but then I heard that song and I was like WHOAAAA and also Lunacy Fringe by The Used. Fucking awesome shit right there, and anyone who says otherwise is stupid!

Try Faith No More, but they’re more early 90’s, I believe. Most of their good stuff came out after 1993. They have something for ev’ryone, though.

Faith No More is good, but they are not by any stretch of the imagination early 90’s. They formed in 1983, and Mike Patton(Mr. Bungle, Dillinger Escape Plan) did not join the band until 1987. I can’t remeber their original singer’s name, but he was on their first couple of albums. After he left, FNM auditioned a large number of people for their vacancy at vox(including Courtney Love, who was a member of FNM for all of ten minutes or so). The Real Thing, the first album with Patton on vox(released in 1989) had some great songs such as Epic, Falling to Pieces, and it featured a cover of Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs”. Angeldust(which was in fact an early nineties album) is also worth a shot as well, with classics such as Jizzlobber…, fuck it, I can’t think of more songs off of that album, cause it’s been a few years since I’ve listened to it.
Faith No More parted ways in 1998. Twas a sad day when that happened.

edit: Oh shit, I forgot suggestions. You like 80’s shit? Try these bands.

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Scorpions(even though they originated in the 70’s, they became known worldwide in the 80’s)
Def Leppard(get their earlier work)
Bon Jovi(only joking about this one, Bon Jovi sucks)
Queensryche(even though their best work was released in the 90’s, still has the sound that you are looking for)
Quiet Riot
Twisted Sister

So, 80’s to 90’s? I’m basing “early 90’s” from my favourite CD of theirs, The Real Thing; I also thought that it was released in 1993 (for some reason). Wow, I got things wrong… Quite. And for my favourite band, too.

By the way, early singer was, aside from the many short-lived and earlier singers, Chuck Moseley, who appeared on several of their earlier albums.

Damn. That’s exactly who I thought it was, too. I just didn’t want to look like a jackass if i wrote Chuck Moseley and found out I was wrong.

These days I’m really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that – try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke “Revolution On The Dance Floor”
Groove Cutter “My Shooter”
Control One “Just A Little Bit”
Ian Carey “Redlight”
Kevin Weg “Dead Radio”

I don’t usually go for techno but these are sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance.
:moonwalk:
Here are also some downloads with some other cool stuff too –