Something between a vent, a flame and common fscking sense...

…lies MegamanX2K. Oh, and this thread.

Anyway, I doubt I’m the only one who gets annoyed at certain types of threads, so perhaps this thread can serve as a harbinger of doom to newbies before they just go out and make an ol’ post. So here’s some words of wisdom as to the kinda threads you shouldn’t start if you want to make a good impression:

1. Linking to Bob and George or 8-Bit Theatre. Odds are every fucking person here knows thatthey exist; if they don’t visit them on a regular basis it’s probably for a good reason (or laziness). Lesser known comics is a different matter, but this is just spam.

2. Linking to FF sites/asking for a link to said type of site on the FFC board. That’s preety much an insult to Cid and all the hard work he’s done to make the FFC. It’s ok if it’s a specialized site devoted to just one game, or FF Music, I guess, but otherwise it’s just plain rude.

3. Making a welcome post on the FFC board. This is kinda silly, and may be chalked up to newbiness; some newbies who don’t realize RPGClassics exists and only went to FFC may think it’s the only board. But it’s better to post on the main board and get everyone to know you.

4. Polls that ask stuff like “What is the best FF game of all time?!” etc. OLD. Use some god damn creativity.

5. Posting about a non-PC game in the PC games forum. I dunno why but people occasionally do it. Probably for the same reasons people bring 16 items to an 8 item express lane.

6. Posts meant for PMs. No explaination neccessary. PMs are there for a reason.

7. Posting solely for the purpose of pointing out that Bush is an idiot. Yeah, see, we kinda figured that one out on our own. The man had an epileptic seizure after choking on a pretzel. If the entire human race was like that, family BBQs would be the #1 cause of death in this country. Posting to bitch about a specific policy’s one thing, but it doesn’t take much of a brain to figure out he ain’t got…well, much of a brain.

8. Making some angsty post about not being able to figure out women. Sorry, bub, but the past 2000 years haven’t turned up much on that mystery, a 25.6k ain’t gonna be much help.

That’s all I can think of for now, feel free to add on to your heart’s content.

Addendum to #8: Unless it’s SK’s rant about “love”. Then that’s alright.

Yeah but that wasn’t a post woeing about “omg i can’t figure out my gf i have no fcking idea wut 2 do”, that was…umm, well, an interesting essay.

Okay. I broke rule 1 recently but now that I know of this it won’t happen again. Sorry for annoying with that and stuff.

At least I know my girlfriend well. Heh.

Question, how will the FFC welcome thread people see this if they don’t know this board exists?

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
7. Posting solely for the purpose of pointing out that Bush is an idiot. Yeah, see, we kinda figured that one out on our own. The man had an epileptic seizure after choking on a pretzel. If the entire human race was like that, family BBQs would be the #1 cause of death in this country. Posting to bitch about a specific policy’s one thing, but it doesn’t take much of a brain to figure out he ain’t got…well, much of a brain.
You forgot to point out that he actually fell over on a Segway, a basically impossible occurance.

HOW DO YOU FALL OVER ON A SEGWAY?

Did it blow up? [/sluggy reference]

I wouldn’t count it as impossible. Near as I can tell, the segway works by tapping into the power of our six or so hidden spatial dimensions, as predicted by Stephen Hawking. Their stability is actually a quantum illusion.

Let’s stick to reality X. NO MORE ZERG RUSHES FOR YOU!

Anyways.

One thing just crossed my mind? Is it jsut be or does it seem that most of the threads in the FFC forums have been done about seven times already?

You JUST noticed that? Actually, that’s part of vent #4. I dunno, it seems the FFC board attracts stupidity. It’s like a lodestone of lamers (look it up, bitches). Again, it’s not Cid’s fault…but…y’know.

And I’m not kidding about the 6 extra spatial dimensions. Well, I am about them fueling the segway, but if Hawking is right, the universe once started with 10 or so major spatial dimensions (Play Jenga in that time period, motherfucker). The 6 or so that we can’t see apparently curled upon themselves somehow. If we built a particle accelerator the size of Pluto’s orbit (but rounder) we could probe them…and discover Calista Flockhart’s gastrointestinal tract while we’re at it.)

Pheraps it’ll just be blown up like the tower, then?

Nah. It’s a part of RPGC. Cid can keep it.

And X, give me some credit… I’m just… well I dont’ go to the FFC much.

Smart move.

I remembered the tower when this came near to becoming a private conversation. I’d like to see Sorc reaction at seeing it.

Yeah,as much as Sorc and I hate each other he’ll probably agree with just about everything I’ve said.

I meant this thread…

The problem is that Sorc is currently indisposed and cannot come to the computer. hides the bloody claw behind my back

Most of that is common sense and I’m glad it was made honestly.

No, serious, the Main is slowly becoming a ToB. By logic it’ll be closed/blown someday.