Some questions...

1. I wanted to create a game shrine, so naturally, following the instructions provided by the site, I sent rptrian@rpgclassics.com an e-mail with all the stuff requested in the Step 1: Choose And Reserve Your Shrine page. I did that three days ago and haven’t yet received a single reply. Yes, I have checked my inbox as well as my spam folder every single day ever since then but, as usual, only found :spam:. Now, since it is my first time doing this, I might be being a little impatient here, so on average, how long does it takes for a reply? Was my request even delivered? ;_;

Now the following questions are more relative to really creating, setting layout of a shrine, cetera and cetera. :slight_smile:

1. I have seen some shrines and noticed that their table’s header background is grey and the rest of the cells are deep blue, whereas some shrines don’t feature these colors at all, their tables are plain transparent and use the default light blue background. How do I set up those backgrounds? Is it a class or something?

2. If I want my tables to have borders, I must use border class=“info”. Can’t I just set border to 1px? Would that ruin my shrine layout? Also, what about celpadding? I can’t imagine myself using this attribute but just out of curiousity I’d like to know.

3. All shrines I’ve seen so far have their related images stored in a specific folder (images). Do I have to manually create this folder and put all my images in there or is this done by the ISS script thing (it’s a script, right? xD). Can’t I simply stuff everything in the same place for simplicity’s sake?

I figured some of these questions might be silly but still I’d like some answers, it’s always better to be safe. ^___^

Thanks in advance.

-Try sending a PM to RPT on the forums. Three days isn’t long at all; if it’s been a week or longer then you can start panicking.

-Yes, it’s a CSS class that’s used (the class=“info” class). We recommend using it but it’s not required. That class also sets up the borders, so you do not need to set the borders directly.

-SSI isn’t really a script, it’s a server-side directive. But yes, you’ll have to make a separate folder and put the images inside it for the links to reference. It’s a bad idea to put everything in the same place because most shrines have dozens or hundreds of images, meaning finding the HTML pages inside all that mess is ridiculous. It’s much better to organize the shrine.

Thanks for answering my questions. :slight_smile:

I will wait for a few more days, then I can start bugging RPT on the forums, right? ^^

About the CSS class, I think I understand it now. Do the different table backgrounds (grey, dark blue) come from this class? I assume that they do.

Yes, they do. Basically you just put “class=info” in the table tag and all the backgrounds and borders are automatically added.

You can start bugging him on the forums now. :sunglasses: I just said you should wait a week before panicking.

Actually, I sent a letter two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Should I bug him or should I go straight to a screaming panic?

RPT sent an e-mail to all shriners last weekend saying he had problems receiving e-mails. He said the most reliable way to reach him would be through a PM on the forums until everything is fixed. I don’t know what’s up with people wishing to reserve shrines, so you can ask him that way, I guess. >.>

Found an incovinience while working on my shrine… link anchors don’t seem to work. When I try the following:

<a href="page1.shtml#section2>Section 2</a>

I’m just directed to page1 instead of section2. Maybe it’s just my browser,… anyways, is there any way to overcome this? :slight_smile:

Have you actually declared an anchor inside page1.shtml like this:
<A NAME=“section2”>something</A>

I found the error. =P
I did declare it, but it was inside a headline tag, no wonder it didn’t work. It works now. =)

One more question.

Is there some class I can use to turn my text yellow as seen in some shrines? I checked the template zip folder + the whole html tutorial on the site but found nothing related to this. I’m kind of reluctant to use font tags but if there’s no way around… I can cope with that. :3

Thanks in advance. =)

Not offhand, but you can create your own. In the head of the HTML page:
<style type=“text/css”>
.yellow {
color: yellow;
}
</style>

In the body:
<span class=“yellow”>stuff</span>

or
<td class=“yellow”>stuff</td>