So that's where my speed and power went!

I finally decided to delete Kazaa, it was just taking up too much space on my hard drive. Anyway, after spending some time deleting all the spy/adware my computer sure speed up. It is almost a night and day difference. My computer is also a lot quieter. Some of the spyware was hard to find (just because it blended in with other registries). I still want to download some stuff, just not anywhere near what I used to download. Do any of you know of a free, adware-free, spyware-free, file sharing program? If so that be great.

On another note, I haven’t been around much, life got a hold of me and things have been pretty rough (in MANY ways). So yeah. Now that I don’t have to go down to Pendleton everyday, I’ll have a bit more time to post. School is also over so that frees up more time. I dont have any commitments until Jan 24 so I’m gonna enjoy my time off (a year straight of work with only weekends off is pretty rough, especially with night classes for some of it making for 17 hours of working). However, I did get a B in one of my classes and a B on an emphirical research paper I did the night before (it ended up being 18 pages).

WinMX is free, has no spyware, and has a nice network, but its a file sharing network. I dont know where you could find a “fiel” sharing network though.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Also, you must be somewhat new (within the last year, the time I haven’t posted much) otherwise you’d know I can’t type.

Soulseek.

http://www.slsknet.org/index.html

If you know someone with a hub that has stuff you’re interested in, Correct Connect can be neat.

KaZaa Lite.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Correct Connect can be neat.

<strike>Not the NTLWorld spyware! >_< You are doomed!</strike>.

Yeah, I generally use WinMX. I’ve set up my firewall to block Kazaa’s spyware though (God bless you, Norton) so it doesn’t bother me much anyway. Kazaa only doesn’t work if the wares are deleted. Works juyst fine if you block 'em. >:D

eMule is good for lotsa stuff, including ISO’s, but everything else good has already been mentioned, so, meh.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
KaZaa Lite.

I agree.
Kazaa Lite has mucho less Spyware.

But it still has spyware. He wants something with no spyware whatsoever.
And what about Bit-Torrent? That doesn’t have ads or spyware or whatnot, right?

I’m pretty sure Bit-Torrent has no spy/adware…but the hard thing about Bit-Torrent is finding places to download from(unless you know a coupla good sites, then there’s no problems).

I tried to download KLite, but it said I had to pay for it…

Originally posted by Pierson

I downloaded Kazaa Lite from Kazaa :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
I downloaded Kazaa Lite from Kazaa :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh the irony.

And as for getting Lite (ugh, get WinMX, it’s better), search Google for it.

Originally posted by LordKaiok
I’m pretty sure Bit-Torrent has no spy/adware…but the hard thing about Bit-Torrent is finding places to download from(unless you know a coupla good sites, then there’s no problems).

Indeed BT is nice. i have numerous sites, but Im rather…reluctant to just post them out in the open. (Paranoid)

Originally posted by Pierson
Oi stupido. You went to kazaalite.com didn’t you? That’s a fake site. If it were real, KAzee lite would’ve been shut down by Kazaa a long time ago.

Originally posted by Evangelion
Indeed BT is nice. i have numerous sites, but Im rather…reluctant to just post them out in the open. (Paranoid)

I have one really good site…Hmm…but I am also paranoid ><

What’s on the site’s that you’re so paranoid about? You could PM me an address so that I get Bit Torrent and that wouldn’t be public or breaking the rules.

I love Kazaa Lite, but since the RIAA started suing people right and left, the user numbers have dropped by the millions. Maybe more will come back now that the RIAA has lost its power to get names from ISPs. And I hate WinMX; I’ve never been able to get any files off of it.

Google. Search for BitTorrent.

The only BT site you will ever need.

Originally posted by d Galloway
I love Kazaa Lite, but since the RIAA started suing people right and left, the user numbers have dropped by the millions. Maybe more will come back now that the RIAA has lost its power to get names from ISPs. And I hate WinMX; I’ve never been able to get any files off of it.

That explains why downloads have been slow lately.
And I have the same problem with WinMX… I get a file to download, and it never starts. ::dekar!::