So I just went and saw Argentosoma/Argent Soma...

…christ did the ending suck.

The rest of the series, while being a blatant Evangelion rip-off at points, was pretty damn good, but the ending was rushed to a point where we should seriously ask the producers the following question : "Did you realize that you were at episode 24 before starting that ending, or you decided to never really explain the following :

-The astronaut’s transformation into huge ass machines of destruction
-The exact nature of the sickness that killed Guenièvre
-How did the General escape a military patrol armed with pretty sweet guns gunning him down, while he was trapped in a small building.
-What exactly HAPPENED in the ending, while conjecture pretty much confirms it, seriously, conjecture makes for a piss-poor ending, especially since the EARTH IS SAVED BY A BLINDING LIGHT! YET AGAIN! FUCK DAMN I NEED ONE OF THOSE BLINDING LIGHTS!
-When did Dan Symons get shot and almost lose his life, only to look like he freshly came out of bed in the next scene
-What did Ryu Soma/Takeshiro whatever his name was do to end up in prison.
-WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SINK TO A NEW LOW WITH THE PARLIAMENT EPISODE!? (episode 13)

It explains a lot of shit, and has an interesting plot, but it suffers from the ending. Seriously, they should just get M. Night Shyamalan to do their endings, maybe then they wouldn’t suck as bad. I’m beginning to see unsatisfactory, and even downright “this shit makes no sense” endings, and I’m seriously considering giving any sort of anime up because of it.

Oh, yeah, and they mention Canada so much, it’s freaking surprising. It’s like the director or script writer learned of Canada somewhere and wants to make it known to the world.

[SPOILER]
-The astronaut’s transformation into huge ass machines of destruction
A: Actually if you had paid attention they were a type of bio weapon first off.

-The exact nature of the sickness that killed Guenièvre.
A: Can’t help ya here

-How did the General escape a military patrol armed with pretty sweet guns gunning him down, while he was trapped in a small building.
A: The dude was able to appear and disappear with cunning and grace so what would you expect.

-What exactly HAPPENED in the ending, while conjecture pretty much confirms it, seriously, conjecture makes for a piss-poor ending, especially since the EARTH IS SAVED BY A BLINDING LIGHT! YET AGAIN! FUCK DAMN I NEED ONE OF THOSE BLINDING LIGHTS!
A: We all want a giant light my friend.

-When did Dan Symons get shot and almost lose his life, only to look like he freshly came out of bed in the next scene
A: Cause they could.

-What did Ryu Soma/Takeshiro whatever his name was do to end up in prison.
A: Remember the episode where he went slightly crazy right near the end of the series. Well they found out he was the one stealing the secrets.

-WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SINK TO A NEW LOW WITH THE PARLIAMENT EPISODE!? (episode 13)
A: Not the first time for an anime to do that.[/SPOILER]

And the number one answer to these and all anime related questions.

Cause in anime ANYTHING goes.

Perhaps in anime anything goes, but that’s perhaps the number 1 reason why a lot of people consider anime sucks.

True that. And now a days its hard finding series that truly do anything original. A lot of new series are just regurgitations of older ideas. Although some of them are better then what they are like but not all of them.

But the whole anything goes also allows more freedom too. Thats why you have sotries based around Norse Myth, around Circus and acrobats, around sports, racing.