SNES RPG's

Originally posted by Ren
I played MArio RPG and I think it sucks.

casts Firaga :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the ones you want, I know that Mario RPG is rare these days, so start looking. locks away his copy of Mario RPG in an iron safe

proudly puts my copy out on display SMRPG is a really good game, get it if at all possible. It’s just so goofy at times! ^^

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
proudly puts my copy out on display SMRPG is a really good game, get it if at all possible. It’s just so goofy at times! ^^

Yeah, and the hidden boss at Monstro Town r0x0rs.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
Yeah, and the hidden boss at Monstro Town r0x0rs.

Indeed, he always gave me a hard time, and sometimes, I barely escaped the battle! ^^

If you like action rpgs that were released in America, then you will love Actraiser (I know, the maintainer of the shrine has to plug his work :D) and Evo. Both are style like platformers, but use many rpg elments. Just don’t get Actaiser 2, it moves away from the rpg elements, destroying the quality.

7th Saga in my opinion was the worst RPG I have ever played. I never thought in all my bitching about easy games that I would find a game TOO hard to enjoy.

Some characters get by in the beginning really easy, but the end is impossible cos they die in one hit. Other people are so basic and mediocre that they rely in equipment. What’s even worse is that some characters that you fight actually level up with you, and at certain levels, they get better equipment. Fucking woo hoo.

So with that in mind, there’s a leveling loophole; if you don’t level up enough, normal enemies bitch slap you around. If you level up too much, you’ll have made some bosses super duper grand supreme lordos that you could never hope to beat.

The verdict: Unless you wanna spend hours of time beating a very mediocre game, and crying yourself to sleep every night, and consider taking a razor to your wrists and running it through warm water…I’d play something else.

Wow SG, that sounds exactly like what I’m looking for! :slight_smile:

Seriously, you should get Supermario RPG: Legend of the seven stars. Its really fun!

Wow SG, that last sentence is what my AP Euro teacher told us to do to prepare for the exam =P.

7th Saga was a good game in my opinion- I’m sick of all the overly easy games really. No bosses became IMPOSSIBLE really, they just became harder- and the only bosses that did were the characters you didn’t choose. Do note, you only have to fight one of them during the entire course of the game. Oh no, one overly hard fight. Boohoo =P.

i must have pissed them off a number of times since i fought the wizard guy like 4 times and the first 2 times he beat me and stole the whatever you had to find to beat the game that’ll teach me to be a giant robot who can only use his skills 1 time before he has to heal it…HEY sounds like RO and a knight

SNES RPGs r teh roxxor. I shall love them 'till the day I die.

The GameStop near my house has several SMRPGs, I never got them since I got the game when it was originally released.

Two SNES rpgs that weren’t mentioned yet:
Wizardry 5 and Ultima 6. If you feel you should try something “different” you might want to check out these two. Wizardry 5 is very much a dungeon crawler with lots of fighting and Ultima 6 is a very non-linear experience with lots of story (if its identical to the PC-version). Either you love them/one of them or you hate them.

Kagon, you’re talking about the star rune fight, right? Have you ever tried fighting that fight with Kamil? Mediore magic, reliant entirely on your equipment? So I’m overleveled, and this guy uses the star rune. Now I can hit him for either 0 OR 1 HP! And he can cast fire on me for 150…which is about my max HP. Wooo.

I like hard games…but I don’t like retarded games. It’s just not my bag, baby. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I have heard several things about 7th Saga, mostly that it’s so damn boring at the start that you dont want to play the rest. Or that there is hardly any story line.
But since it’s a classic, I think I’ll get it whether I play it or not.

If you have a Playstation (either one works), there have been several SNES RPGs that were re-released for that. I dunno what all, or if all of them were released in the US. Several things that weren’t originally released here tho, like FF5 (which I highly recommend), and I think ToP.

And I too, have an Ogre Battle cartridge, I just don’t know where it is at the moment… :hmm:

Well, I prefer to have the original cartridge, partly because I love the collecting aspect to finding SNES RPG’s and partly because it can be cheaper…

i would definitely recommend wizardry 5 if you’ve got a lot of time on your hands…i tried the game when it came out and i loved it.

The problem with going for SNES cartridges lies in the fact that cartridges rely on batteries for memory and SNES games are old. That means the battery dies over time. This means your saved games are fucked. You’re better off with ROMs nowadays.

Originally posted by Sinistral
The problem with going for SNES cartridges lies in the fact that cartridges rely on batteries for memory and SNES games are old. That means the battery dies over time. This means your saved games are fucked. You’re better off with ROMs nowadays.

The batteries aren’t that bad. Heck, my NES game batteries still work perfectly. Zelda went on the fritz many years ago, but it works fine now. All of my NES and SNES games work well. Also, I believe that memoryc ards have batteries too and those last well. Besides, some games just aren’t as good with a keyboard, like Mario RPG.

Which is exactly why you get a controller for your PC… I did! :smiley: Mwee hee hee hee hee!