Smilebit workers joining Microsoft of Japan...

<i>Yoshihiro Maruyama, formerly senior vice president of Sqaure and now head of Microsoft’s Xbox Japan division, has been in talks with several senior members of Smilebit about heading up a new team under the Microsoft flag in Japan. Rumors had been re-circulating that Sammy would buy a majority in SEGA for the past few months within the company and employees who had complained about the previous merger attempt with Sammy are looking at offers outside of the company. Several former AM2 and Sonic team members have already left for Capcom presumbably to plug up the gaps left by the defection of Capcom employees to Gamer’s Republic. </i>

http://www.gamedreamz.com/index.cgi?m=stories&s=read&id=256

Now of course this is a rumour from GameDreamz, and they make Sponge seem creditable, but you have to think, back when Sammy and Sega were to merge, a few of Sega’s development’s teams were on the verge of leaving…so possibly this is it?

I’m not sure I would trust the legitimacy of a source that spells “Square” wrong.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
I’m not sure I would trust the legitimacy of a source that spells “Square” wrong.

Typo, my dear Wattson.

That’s Watson :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
That’s Watson :stuck_out_tongue:

p:unch::

And Smilebit made Shenmue…soo… I’m guessin’ we wont be seein’ Shenmue 3. :eek: