Sin...Overated?

for those with ffx
do you think sin was weak for all the hype about him icertainly didn’t think he was so freakin tough

Yes.

If you want me to elaborate, make a more elaborite topic. ;p

He was a huge freaken’ whale.

uhhh…i dont quite get the question here…

You do say sin was easy, and he was but you did need to kow what you are doing and have had some good stuff to beat him. But seriously all bosses are easy in FFx if you have trained long enough and got everything you can so no i dont think he was overhyped cause thats what most final bosses are like in preety much any rpg.

Originally posted by SonicBomber
[b]

You do say sin was easy, and he was but you did need to kow what you are doing and have had some good stuff to beat him. But seriously all bosses are easy in FFx if you have trained long enough and got everything you can so no i dont think he was overhyped cause thats what most final bosses are like in preety much any rpg. [/b]

You’d think by now they could make final bosses challenging.:fungah:

Yeah, I did think Sin was an easy boss to beat, but then again, so were a lot of the FFX bosses. I had a little trouble with Evrae first time through, but then he was really easy second time. The only other boss I died against was Yunalesca, and that was only once because I didn’t know about her attack that killed any party member that wasn’t in a zombied state.
Whilst the actual bosses were easy in FFX, I think the optional monsters were some of the toughest in any Final Fantasy. The dark aeons were all fairly difficult, and nemesis and penance are nigh-on impossible to defeat without getting Yojimbo to perform Zanmato.

I reckon sin was fairly easy to beat in all incarnations, the first time I fought him at the end bit where he falls on Bevelle, I’d been levelling up my characters like you would not believe, and the fight just wasn’t funny. :thud: SMACK THUD insert winning theme here

I found Yunalesca fairly tough, though, the fact that she kept on coming back for more, but she went down first time as well. Good fight, though. :hahaha;

nice on quote trigun man evrae and yunalesca were a little more difficult but seymor was the one who gave me the most trouble.
not the first time but on gagazet and before sin.
and as for my question… go easy on me this is my first message board.

MY INEXPERENCE IS SHOWING

Sin was WAY too easy. FFMQ had harder bosses than FFX did.

Originally posted by SonicBomber
[b]uhhh…i dont quite get the question here…

You do say sin was easy, and he was but you did need to kow what you are doing and have had some good stuff to beat him. But seriously all bosses are easy in FFx if you have trained long enough and got everything you can so no i dont think he was overhyped cause thats what most final bosses are like in preety much any rpg. [/b]

Everyone, please read this and soak it in. Sin is certainly an easy boss NOW, but what about people who aren’t using a strategy guide and are playing the game for their first time? He’s a real toughie when you do it that way. I mean, the first time I played Final Fantasy X , I was stuck on the Evrae battle. 8(

Final Fantasy games aren’t really all that “hard” to beat, but play through any one of them without a strategy guide or any help from anyone, and they certainly are difficult. That’s why I recommend playing through them once on your own, then going back and doing everything you want to do. You get more of an “attachment” to the game, especially during scenes of suspense when a boss shows up afterwards (after all, if there’s a huge plot revelation, and this massive dragon shows up, doesn’t the story just get your heart pumping that much more if you know you’ll have trouble winning?)

I agree with Dalton. Though I personally ALWAYS buy the guide first, that’s because I’m one of those rare people who CAN enjoy a story even when he knows all that’s going to happen. Plus I hate being stuck somewhere because of some idiotic unobvious detail.

As for Sin, I found him hard enough, but not one of the hardest bosses ever. I think many people were disappointed because they expected it to be the Ultimate monster in FFX, not knowing there were OTHER bosses after it.

Now, Angra Mainyu, from FFX2, THAT was hard- I just beat it yesterday, and it took me a whole hour to kill! Damn thing has over 300,000 HP (Yeah, I know there have been bosses with more HP in other games, like the Ruby Weapon in FF7, but I didn’t have the equivalent of a Knight Summons Materia to kill it with.)

Here’s the strategy I used, in case anybody finds it useful (However, I’m going to spoiler-tag it for those who want to take on it on their own… good luck!)

I used Yuna in her Floral Fallal Dress (completely mastered) against it. I chose hers because it had lots of self-healing and protection abilities that do NOT require MP, unlike Rikku’s or Paine’s (Mainyu has an attack that reduces MP). Even so, Mainyu killed her four times- I had the other girls revive her and then had her change again to Fallal. Remember to haste her, because if there’s one bad thing with the Special Dresses, it’s that they are SLOW.

Mainyu’s right body part (Tawdrich) is immune to magic, including Fallal’s Great Whirl, so use physical attacks on it. The left part the reverse- immune to physical attacks. Note that its main body can heal and revive the other two, BUT it never heals itself (which is why attacking it while it is still a wandering monster is a good idea- reduces its body’s HP for the main fight.) It attacks only with spells, which can be reflected back (thought I’m not sure if Flare can be reflected.) Except for its Perdition’s Flame attack, which does a LOT of damage BUT cannot be used when its two sidekicks are dead. They only have about 6000 HP each.

Honestly, I can’t even remember how I beat Angra Mainyu the first time I fought him. I know it involved an Alchemist, level 65 characters, and an hour-long battle. -_-

However, the second time I did something incredibly corny: I got the Cat Nip from the 40th floor of Via Infinito in Bevelle, got my Gunner at low HP, and let him have it with Trigger Happy. It was over in about three rounds. :sunglasses:

The strategy I used is as follows.

Have 2 Dark Knights and one alchemist. Alchemist should Mix 2 Hi-Potions together when you need healing, and use Phoenix Downs to revive. Have the Dark Knights use Darkness every turn, which hits each part of the boss for about 3500 each time. If your HP is high enough (knowing Dark Knights, it should be pretty high), you’ll survive Perdition’s Flame. Keep it up with that, and he’ll rarely use PF again. When Angra is alone, physically attack him.

[COLOR=royalblue]I just beat panzer machina and omg he was a major pain guys. but I am happy to report that I didn’t use a strategy guide :}. But here is a tip on how to beat him easierthose watchers are his. Just use attack and only attack if you use and special skills he will block the ones you used in battle. When you get to him have one alchemist, a samurai with the spare change tech and a dark knight. If you feel the need scan him but he has a little more than 30,000 hp. Grab a soda or snack cuz it takes a while.[spoiler][COLOR=royalblue]

Actually, Dalton, the strategy in the guide is very similar to the one you used- but I didn’t want to use it because I wanted to win the game with each girl mastering a different set of Dresses. So for the Mainyu battle I had Yuna as a Gun Mage, Paine as a Dark Warrior and Rikku as an Alchemist.

Of course, if the Fallal thing had failed, I would’ve swallowed my pride and used the guide strategy. 8 )

Am I the only one that got pissed with taking an hour fighting that thing and just whipped its ass with cat nip + trigger happy?