Simon Belmont... Swordsman?

Seriously. The proposed Castlevania movie may not even happen, but if it goes ahead with the current incarnation of its script then what we’ll get really won’t be Castlevania at all. It’ll be a watered down version of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, just with a protagonist named Simon.

Analysis here.

I love the bit with the unnecessary Germans at the start. Gawd…

Why is it so hard for movie producers to actually make games based on movies that don’t shred the pre-established setting and characters to pieces? If Paul Anderson wants to remake Dracula, then he should just remake fucking Dracula. But instead he takes he takes Castlevania and changes it into something else, and they’re always doing shit like this!

I’m not expecting a deep story from a CV movie, but why is it so hard to make a movie about a badass with a chain whip mowing down hordes of undead monsters before a climactic battle with the Lord of Darkness on the pinnacle of a foreboding castle? That’s all it needs, and the proposed movie has none of those things. Just read the last bit of that article, it sums up everything a Castlevania movie needs.

At this rate we’ll be lucky if the Castlevania movie is better than Van Hellsing. And that’s. Just. Fucking. Sad.

… I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m sure Uwe Boll would at least have kept the whip. If a Belmont isn’t dishing it out dominatrix style, HE ISN’T A BELMONT.

…No.

Just…no.

Hollywood, give up on video game-to-movie adaptations. They have never worked, and WILL NEVER WORK!

If you want a sword-wielder, use Reinhard Schneider instead, sheesh -_-;

Is it illegal to behead screenwriters?

I think it’s possible to do screen adaptations of games, it just requires a lot more research than some writers are willing to put into their work. Like play the games…or hell, at the very least read the Wikipedia entry on the games to get a handle on the series. It’s not that hard, people! >_<

All I know is that the coolest ending would be him killing Dracula and somehow ending up on the ceiling. His feet on the ceiling.

Castlevania’s got whips? Sorry, I thought I was playing generic game #1298.

HEY, LET’S DO PHOENIX WRIGHT WIELDING A LASER GUN NEXT. R0XX0RZ!!1

Well, at least there’ll be no suspense about whether or not this’ll suck …

Just suspence on whether or not this will suck harder than the upcomming Wii brawler. Amirite?

Good point, maybe they’re trying to make a movie so bad, anything looks good by comparison. And then Simon’ll be all “JUST AS PLANNED.”

And then he does the TTGL speech in the lines of “DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?” and then he’ll go all Giga Whip Breaker on Death and Dracula.

I knew it! It’s all a plan to make the upcoming Castlevania anime look good!

Seriously. Leon started out with just his fancy pants costume, as he had to “give out his sword…” and then it’s whipping time. Perhaps something will happen…?

I need to know who keeps handing out all of these swords to characters who never earned their totin’ chip card. Waits for Pikachu to come poping out of the woodwork a slicin’ and a dicin’.

NOOOOOOOO!!! I MUST STOP THEM BEFORE THEY RUIN MY IDEALS OF CASTLEVANIA!!! BELMONT NO USE SWORD!!! goes out to kill the people making the movie

…I believe the premise of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back had a somewhat similar premise.