Silver = Safe?

STORY

I assume it’s a matter of visibility. But wouldn’t silver cars be more likely be reflect light and blind people, thus leading to more accidents? Just a thought.

Well, that tears it…my first car is gonna be a silver Volkswagen Beetle. :mwahaha:

I like silver. It pretty.

No wonder my parents only buy silver cars.

It’s because they repel werewolves.

I foresee an IgNobel for it.

Maybe safer drivers tend to buy silver cars, and reckless drivers tend to buy brown cars. Which sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Because there was no controlled experiment, it is impossible to determine the direction of causation (not to mention the possibility of confounding variables separate from both color and driving style).

Originally posted by ClothHat
It’s because they repel werewolves.

LOL XD

Damn reckless werewolf-drivers.

If this is true, how come my mom’s silver van got rear-ended almost on a monthly basis?

Originally posted by Sapphire Falcon
If this is true, how come my mom’s silver van got rear-ended almost on a monthly basis?

The other vehicles were unsuccessfully trying to mate with it.

Well, I guess my giant black van isn’t very safe…poo.

So . . . if I happen to get a green VW bug . . . that means I’m not safe? That’s a really stupid thing to base accidents off of . . . :thud: ::dekar!:: :noway:

Don’t trust statistics, it’s the third kind of lie.

There are a lot of things that can explain this, but the most likely reason is that silver is a pretty new colour and therefore the cars are newer. And that silver isn’t hip among the group that causes the most accidents, but hip among families.