Sigh the good old days of agora rpgclassics

LOL! Have to agree with that.

I have to admit the idea of the wiki is great for information… however too me, RPGC was all about the shrines! The Wiki just isn’t the same.

I’m just here because I Googled myself. And it was worth it, because I rediscovered a Fallout signature image I totally forgot I ever made.

Hey,

Just looking for a good werewolf rp, would someone let me know if you know of one.

It’s this thread you fool, and by posting in it you have awakened the beast in all of us.

Any time you feel yourself missing the good old days of the Agora, think of me. That’ll fix you.

I do miss this place. I don’t check up as often, but I still chat at times with people. I even almost met up with someone last year (or well, almost two years ago now o.O) but I was very busy and I ended up not doing it before she left…which was a shame, it would have been cool to meet up.

Ugh, who invited Hades

Did he change from London, ON to London? And why would I even remember that?

Enough about meat balls.

Hey Hades I played all the way through FF13 and FUCK YOU, you were so wrong about it before it came out, so very, very wrong.

Even XIII-2 and [STRIKE]Batman[/STRIKE] Lightning Returns?

No, hell no. I just finished 13 last week. I’m not touching the rest of the series.

What? You’re not interested in finding out what happens to Lightning after she got sucked into that timehole at the end of XIII-1 (because that totally happened at the end of the game and wasn’t just retconned in; totally)? Or going on a magical adventure with Lightning’s little sister Serah-chan and her magical time-traveling companion [STRIKE]Kingdom Hearts’ Sora[/STRIKE] Noel Christ as they save [STRIKE]magical future seeing girl who has a shorter life expectancy than a fruit fly[/STRIKE] Yuel-chan from the evil [STRIKE]totally not-a-Sephiroth-clone wielding Soul Edge and wearing a George Clooney-style Batsuit and is totally immortal, nigh-invulnerable, carries the heart of god in him (that acts as a killswitch for the universe if anything should ever happen to it; EVAR!!!), and can totally turn into a Bahamut that can then turn into 3 Bahamuts at once and at will[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Gaius Balthar[/STRIKE] Caius Ballad? Not even how they completely cock it up and the universe gets Time Kompressed and now Lightning has to not only come back from the dead (because Caius is such a badass that he totally off-screened her; unless you act now and buy the DLC where you get to attempt to rock him as Lightning and yet still fail miserably until you finally do beat him in which case you still lose horribly because hes cereally that awesome dudes) but also become a full on magical girl that you can play dress up with her and she gets to go on magical adventures to save her friends and with their powers combined kicks God’s ass and sends everyone to Earth and she lives happily ever after!?

Man, if none of that sounds interesting to you, then I have nothing more to say beyond “I think we’ve found videogaming’s Twilight.”, but instead of long blank stares into the distance where nothing happens, you have long stretches of pressing forward on the control stick and mashing X or L2.

What did Hades predict? I must know.

I am so, so sorry.

Not that I lied to you, but that I lied to myself.

I thought Square could make a comeback.

They didn’t.

Fuck.

Fucking gold.

Man, you were defending the PS3 even as the LOL Sony thread grew every time Kutaragi opened his mouth… I’m not gonna blame you for having too much faith since I’ve done that too at times, but do us all a favor and never go into market speculation.

The PS3 actually ended up okay. The 360, on the other hand, is embarrassing. Vesperia is the only real reason to get one. Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata and some others help, but they’re not even close to enough without Tales lol. The PS3 took for-fucking-ever, but it actually kind of has a library of better games than Gears now.

The Wii routed Sony and MS combined anyway, I don’t really care :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t help that there are actually a few semi-decent RPGs in the iPhone/Android library that are more portable and significantly less costly (although I do have a number of SNES RPGS on an emulator on my phone, not that it’s relevant to new material being released).

Yeah, that and indie developers are finally beginning to fill the void with their Kickstarters and such.

To be fair to the 360, they did try early on, but then they delivered with Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery which put a stop to any more of that.

My biggest disappointments of the last console generation have been Squeenix, followed by Level 5 and Sega (and Crapcom but they’re not really an RPG developer, at least not since the 90s). I think everybody was at least kind of aware that Squeenix was off its game by 2006 but kept hoping that they would turn it around (and I guess they have, in the last couple of months). Level 5 though turned out to be nothing more than a one trick pony (with bonus points for both Gundam AGE and that one RPG for Girls they made that turned out to be a nightclub hostess raising game), and fuck Sega for introducing Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 then following it up by either making the most useless anime bullshit, stranding it in Japan because its on the PSP, or back porting the mechanics over to the Shining Whatever series which is also stranded in Japan (because fucking Sega).