Shining Tears

My dad wants to get this, but I heard that it really sucks. One magazine I have said it was decent, but X-Play gave it a 1 out of 5 (first rpg to get a 1 out of 5). Also when I was looking for Xenosaga at the local Gamestop this employee overheard us talking and he said it sucks too. I want to know what you think about it so I can possibly save my dad some money.
Edit: He did like Shining Soul 2 for GBA.

Doesn’t anyone rent game any more?

Keep in mind even renting would be spending money.
Edit: I’m such a cheap bastard.

First of all, X-Play is stupid. Don’t listen to it.

Second of all, Gamestop employees are stupid. Don’t listen to them.

Third of all, the only way you’ll know whether or not you like these games is if you play them. You should probably wait for some more Shining Tears reviews to trickle in, if you’re into that thing, but Xenosaga is pretty hit or miss. Depends on how much you like sitting around watching long cutscenes and stuff.

I share Hiryuu’s belief that one shouldn’t rely on reviews for games. You have to play them, or at least see someone play it, screenshots are not enough. The only reason I buy a game before somehow getting some hands-on action is if it’s a sequal to a series I like (FF, Suikoden, Nippon Ichi games, etc.)

Although, I must say I haven’t rented a game in ages. I consider myself a cheapskate though. Most of the time my friend will buy the game and if I like it, I’ll buy it off him when he’s done with it.

That being said, I was considering giving Shining Tears a try. I would love to hear from people who have actually played it. I was under the impression that it had a SoM like battle system that involves combos in some way. Any confirmation on that, or other info would be greatly appreciated.

i rent ff10 to try it out it weas a great rpg the graphics were really good i rent budokai 3 cause thats a fun game too…

Yes. X-play is stupid. So is G4 for that matter

Izlude is a GameStop (or former, I can’t recall) employee, so that explains a lot.

Just Kidding Iz.

I was looking into a new game for my GBA myself. I want either Minish Cap or Onimusha Tactics.