Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Summoner

Picked it up a while ago, on episode 3 right now.

Fun game. The artwork is great, soundtrack is awesome, and battles are fun, if a little too easy. Battles are real time now, and you can only have one demon out. You get your basic 3 hit sword combo, thrust, charged up spin attack, and your gun. The gun can be used to stun demons, or load them up with elemental bullets to hit the weakspot of the enemy. Once you hit them with their weakness, you can then proceed to capture them, although you can’t capture demons that are higher level than you.

The story is pretty interesting too, but it’s not as serious as Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga. You play as Raidou, a Devil Summoner, and Detective. It’s set in the 1920s, Japan. You run around the city trying to solve the given case, and you can use your demons for cool things like mind reading to help your case.

The only thing that kinda bothers me is the lack of voice acting, especially after the awesome dub Digital Devil Saga had.

I’ll have to put this on my list of things to track down over christmas. It looks pretty interesting.