Shadowrun: I'm too poor!

I have just gotten out of the caryard and, after buying the T-250 shotgun, have only about $(can’t find a yen sign)1000 left. What is the best way to obtain the $5000 needed for the Mesh Jacket?
I have exhausted the battle arena already, as the guy I’m at just chews me up and spits me out.

Don’t worry about the Mesh Jacket, you’ll get one for free a bit later.

But t this point, you may still need to accumulate about 2000 nuyen for…some other necisity.

The best thing I can think of is to go to the area in the junk yard where Mages and Heavydudes keep spawning.

(BTW, if you’re getting chewed up in the arena by the Samurai, just get really close to him and he’ll use a weak attack. If it’s the Gang Leader, then kill him later. And when you get some extra money, be sure to Ask the arena guy about Negotiation to get a valuble skill.)

I killed everyone b4 the gang leader w/o resting and wound up paying my way out of the caryard. I want the mesh because I keep dying as i wander around looking for information.

There’s your first problem…if you could do that, than you could have EASALY fought and beaten the King. If you do that, not only do you not have to pay him, but you get some BONUS nuyen!

If you’re wondering where to go next, head up the street from the caryard until you see an alley you can go up.

O.k, I have 5 hours till my head explodes, and have no idea where Dr. Maplethorpe is. I am currently at the Jagged Nails.

Okay, I’m a little fuzzy on this, as it’s all from memory.

At the train station of this town area, head northeast to another screen. if remember, if you continue northeast there’s a large building. Don’t go there. There should be another path on that screen. On that screen, there’s a building. Talk to the secretary and Ask about Cortex Bomb. make sure you have at least 2000 Nuyen.

If you need more specific directions, check out RPGC’s Shadowrun Shrine.

There are actually people who still plays Shadowrun?? Awesome!! I love that game! I was hoping that they’ll have a sequel for it, but after years and years of waiting… sigh… Why’d Drake say see Jake in Shadowrun 2 in the ending…

i beat shadowrun a looooong time ago, maybe I should play it again its a great game :slight_smile:

I will warn you now… necroposting on the forums is impolite. And on the gaming help forum, if you post, it should have something to do with gaming help. Please be more careful in the future, okay?