Shadow Hearts fans and Wild Arms fans

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1892.html

Cooooooooool!

YAY!!! Another cool game for me to play!!!

OOOOOOOHHHHH YEAAAAHHH

Naked fusionist, 40 year old south american ninja FTW :D:D:D:D:D:D

AWRIGHT.

The first shadow hearts was good. The second one just came out of left field and was amazing, a complete and total shock. I have very high hopes for the third one.

WA4 on the other hand… Well, graphically speaking, I kinda liked that Cell-shaded 3D look of the third one. It was unique. I’m pretty sure I’ll know what to expect from it otherwise. So… I guess I’ll buy it one of these days.

What’s this Xgamz or whatever on the corner? That’s not the developer, is it? It’s name is by both of them.

Excellent. I played the first Shadow Hearts what seems like a few years ago, and I absolutely loved it. Right now I’m trying to buy it, Koudelka, and Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Neat. Wonder if I’ll be able to afford both.

My friend and I will be greedily awaiting the next Shadow Hearts. We loved the first two. However, I really got turned off by the last Wild Arms. I just didn’t like the whole “Wild West”, Annie Oakley theme.

I liked that theme. It made it stand out among other RPGs. The opening song is one of the most underrated ever.

Dragon’s Revenge, XSSED I believe is a game developer started by an old SE employee. I guess that they are also localizing games, though, because XSEED clearly didn’t develop Shadow Hearts 3 and Wild Arms 4, heh. :stuck_out_tongue: In any case, I don’t mind. This news AND the news that we have a new developer and localizer is good news to me. :smiley:

BahamutXero, if you didn’t like the western-ish setting, you might wanna not try any Wild Arms games…they’re all like that. :stuck_out_tongue: I think that’s one of the things that kept me playing WA2, even though I really didn’t wind up liking it.

WA1 i know wasnt as much of a sphagetti western as the third one was.

The Western themes in WA1 and WA2 were just kind of tacked on to a general RPG, which rang false most of the time. WA3 really took the theme and ran with it consistently, and it was one of the most original takes on an RPG I’ve seen. I enjoyed it a lot.

By the way, speaking of WA3 fans… I’ve finally managed to get ahold of the ending song, “Wings”, in English (I ripped it right from the PS2 disc). It’s not on the OST. It’s honestly one of the most powerful songs I’ve ever heard, soundtrack or no. The singer is outstanding. If anyone wants it, let me know. :sunglasses:

While I’m here, there’s a preview of Alter Code F at RPGamer. From what it says, it looks like it kept the best stuff from WA (the battle system) and the best stuff from WA3 (the encounter system). I’m really looking forward to it.

If you are talking about the opening song to Wild Arms 3 it is actually from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly soundtrack. The music on that soundtrack is incredible and if you like the wild arms 3 song then I really suggest getting some more Ennio Morricone.

I think he’s referring to the opening lyrical song.

That be the one

I never really was a fan of the series. I didn’t like the second one at all, but I did like the magic system in the first game, although battles were still way too repetitive. The music was good though.

WA2 was awful compared to either WA1 or WA3.

I’m really looking foward to both games,but specially SH3,after playing 2 and loving it ,I’m hoping that 3 will top that which might be hard but not impossible.

As for WA,well I haven’t played 3 but I have much hope for this coming one,and I hope I can get Alter Code F.

I haven’t played any of the Shadow Hearts games yet, would appreciate some details on them.

WA4’s teaser didn’t impress me, looks too much like your typical Fantasy-RPG-with-teenage-stars game. But, God is in the details, they say. We’ll see.

Cid: I respectfully disagree with you (and I have said this before, I know) WA2 is one of the best games I’ve ever played (despite the crappy dialogue). The story was original and well done. Also, I do think that both WA1 and 2 had Western elements in them beyond just the looks, however I’ll grant you that 3 was the one with the strongest true Western story.

And yes, Wings is BEAUTIFUL, I have a copy thanks to Valkyrie. BTW, can you make out what the part that says “owl” or something means? I can’t make it out and the lyrics I’ve seen posted online diagree on it.

The Shadow Hearts games take place in the early 20th century I believe, and at least in the first game, center around a guy named Yuri who’s led by a mysterious voice to defend a young woman from a powerful sorcerer/warlock guy.

It sounds cliched, but my summary really doesn’t do the game justice. The story is not the strongest point of the game, but it doesn’t try to become more than it needs to be. Personally, the most fun and entertaining factor in the game was the ability to go globe-trotting around parts of the world. The setting is unique, and some of the music really got my attention.

WA2 was the first Wild Arms game I played, and I really, really liked it. I liked the twist at the end, and I thought the game as a whole was pretty entertaining. I wouldn’t mind getting a hold of the song now that I think about it…can’t remember how it goes for the life of me.