SF1

I had always been curious as to how the original Street Fighter looked and played. Because, you know, I started enjoying the series with SF2. I’m a SF fan and I even owned some SF2 games (SSF2X was my favorite). But then, googling for SF1 screenshots, I found this:

http://www.sydlexia.com/sf1.htm

And then I don’t want to try this one out anymore.

By the way, I’m loving the NES games reviews the guy does in the rest of the site.

SF1 is fun to play for like 10 minutes. It’s also really fun to hear the horrible english. The music is pretty good, too; it was done by one of the same people that wrote the music for Final Fight and Megaman 2.

SF1 is fun to play for like 10 minutes. It’s also really fun to hear the horrible english. The music is pretty good, too; it was done by one of the same people that wrote the music for Final Fight and Megaman 2. It’s also just cool to see that a fair amount of people in the Alpha games and CvS games originated from SF1, like Gen, Adon, Birdie, and Eagle.

By the way, a lot of the things this guy says are factually incorrect, which just bothers me.

• Capcom didn’t make Street Fighter: The Movie

• Geki (and pretty much anyone up to the last 2 or 3 characters in the game) can be beat very easily by spamming weak punches and shit)

• Storyline-wise: Geki and Ibuki aren’t even related.

• The guy makes a comment about Joe “I don’t know why Capcom thought a kickboxer would make an interesting character”, which is funny, because Sagat and Adon both practice Muay Thai, and Sagat has been in a shitload of games.

• Mike isn’t Balrog. Mike got kicked out of boxing for killing someone; Balrog never did, though he permanently injured a lot of his opponents.

Why not just find an SF1 rom and a mame emulator so you can try it for yourself? SF1 is pretty cool for its time though. It’s kinda interesting seeing Sagat before he recieved the scar on his chest.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/data/583636.html

(Although, the non-arcade ones are published by Acclaim, but still created by Capcom.)

Street Fighter: The Movie (the game) was made by Incredible Technologies, not Capcom. Capcom was just stupid enough to publish it. More over, Acclaim was stupid enough to publish it on console having seen how bad the arcade version was.

Sorry, Flinty, but that’s just another case of don’t-trust-everything-you-read-on-GameFAQs.