Second Season, baby! [Baseball]

Just because there aren’t enough sports threads around here, in fact, other than the fantasy leagues that Merlin organizes there usually aren’t any…

The postseason began today for baseball. Which for us Americans is the national sport; for most of the rest of you, its that silly game with the sticks and the little white balls that distracts us Americans from getting into soccer.

Good games all around today. The Twins pulled off an upset of sorts, beating the Yankees 3-1, and The Giants beat The Marlins in a tense and exciting pitchers duel I watched at school in the student center instead of studying. :smiley: We were all excited.

And as I write this the Braves are down 4-2 in the ninth inning, but certainly not out.
[EDIT: Cubs just won, 4-2]

A’s and Red Sox play their first game tomorrow.

Good matchups all around. Promises to be really exciting and I’m all jazzed up already.

So yeah, all other interested RPGCers, make your comments, insights, rooting interests, predictions, whatever, here.

And those of you who don’t care, I’m sure will inflate your post counts with brief expressions of apathy and ambivalence where I solicit them or not, so… heh.

Cubs and Twins in the World Series. Giants don’t look bad either.

And sports threads don’t go over well here. I’ve learned that nobody cares.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
for most of the rest of you, its that silly game with the sticks and the little white balls that distracts us Americans from getting into soccer.
lol, you must have read my mind

sports and rpgs don’t really fit together

I’m not a big baseball fan, but I’m really cheering for the Red Sox and Cubs right now. I mean, you’d think they’ve suffered enough. It would be sweet to see Boston go over the Yanks and get another shot at a title.