Scrabble Scandal

Somewhere, some programmer is laughing their ass off.

The real question is, does the game accept OORIE?

Basically, the mother of the kid who bought the game didn’t bother with junior option and then got upset when words that happen to be in every dictionary on every shelf nowadays came up in a game based on- get this!- the dictionary. Only got herself to blame.

And 984: yes, also OORIER and OORIEST. :slight_smile:

Huh. I did not realize OORIER and OORIEST were the comparative forms of OORIE.

Haha, I saw this last week. Pretty damn hilarious if you ask me. Though I never did quite get why the kid has a pink DS…creepy much?

Though it’s the mother’s fault for not knowing that those words would be in the dictionary. She’s got nobody to blame but herself. I wonder what other colorful words you can use though. lol

those <span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF”>oop!</span><span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #000000”> shit</span> <span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF”>eek!</span><span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #000000”> lesbo</span> <span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF”>oh my!</span><span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #000000”> fuckers</span> at nintendo included “<span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF”>well i never!</span><span style=“background-color: #000000; color: #000000”> tits</span>” D:!

I have a Pink DS, you fucker.

Only real men play pink DSes.

I want a DS, even a pink one! :bowser:

Ahem While I’m surprised that the DS Scrabble game didn’t get censored in production, I think it’s no big deal. I mean, there’s PLENTY of perfectly correct words in the dictionary that people just react badly to -like Penis or Vagina. WHAT are we supposed to tell kids to call those body parts? Sheesh. And what about words that just change their meaning time over time- “Gay” originally just meant “happy” you know.

And losing to a device who spelled “fucker” on you is hilarious! :hahaha;

If it had just used the word tits, Wil, I’m sure there wouldn’t be as much concern. But the fact it used words like fucker, shit, and- wait, lesbo? is that for real? What dictionary did they use, that it includes the word lesbo? I could at least KIND of understand the other words, but… lesbo?

Wahey, a chance to flex my Scrabble-nerd muscles.

The same dictionary that allows such gems as AARGH, AARRGH and AARRGHH, other onomatopoeia such as TSKTSKING, ATCHOO and the ever-wonderful PARP. In terms of slang, though, MOFO is perfectly fine, as is SNAFU (a verb) and FUBAR (sadly not a verb, but you can also have FOOBAR which kinda defeats the object of the word). CHAV is also good, and indeed my dictionary actually says ‘See Vicky Pollard from Little Britain as an example’!

My personal favourites though are KAIKAWAKA, SEMPERVIVUM (I actually once saw this played during a game of Scrabble), SLUGABED (literally slug-a-bed, a lazy person), TAIKONAUT (chinese equivalent of astronaut or cosmonaut) and DIDJERIDU (easily memorable to me as an anagram of JEDIDRUID).

Don’t bother telling me to get a life- I’m quite fine with the one I have, thank you. :slight_smile:

Edit: Just to add, it isn’t the first time those pesky lesbians have ruined a game of Scrabble.