School of Rock?

Anyone seen this movie? Jack Black rocks but I can’t decide if I want to pay 12 bucks to go see this

download it :slight_smile:

$12?!

blinks dear lord, is that how much movies in towns that don’t suck cost now?

Edit: Canadian… I get it…

Originally posted by Innocence
[b]$12?!

blinks dear lord, is that how much movies in towns that don’t suck cost now?

Edit: Canadian… I get it… [/b]
12 Canadian is still a lot. My theater charges 15 for an adult since they’re the only theater that gets the movies on time within 4 hours.

I worked at the theater here in high school. My boss loved me, and still lets me into movies for free on “employee passes” all the time.

Speak of the devil…i just got back from seeing it!

Its a good movie, but dont bother watching if you arn’t up on your classic rock history/knowledge, because most of the jokes in the movie rely on this, even if its just as subtle as a kid playing a certain song-
EX-One funny bit has a stuck up prep schooler playing ironman, and although it may sound dumb now, seeing it is just hilarious
Even if you dont find the music jokes funny, or didnt get them, the rest of the movie still impresses, and you will still find it funny. There is something for everyone, and its a good movie. Go see it. Its worth the money…well, maybe not $12, thats a ripoff for any movie.

You need knowledge on classic rock to get some of the jokes? I guess it’s right up my alley then. I’ll have to see this movie some time.

It doesn’t look bad. It got a fairly rare positive review in our paper.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
You need knowledge on classic rock to get some of the jokes? I guess it’s right up my alley then. I’ll have to see this movie some time.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster

Originally posted by Xelopheris
12 Canadian is still a lot. My theater charges 15 for an adult since they’re the only theater that gets the movies on time within 4 hours.

Its strange, its seem like this time last year movies were like 9.75 now they’re 12.75. But $15 wow, Cineplex?

Wow, my movies only cost $5.50 and my city is going down the tube.

It’s times like these that I love living in a hick town.
3.00 for tickets
They barely notice if you bring stuff in with you. Hell, I’ve had a sobe bottle sticking out of my pants pocket before and they said “if you’re gonna bring stuff in, hide it better” and sent me on through with it :stuck_out_tongue:

I went to see it last night, but it was sold out…

I want to see it 'cause Jack Black finally has his own movie.

Btw, did anyone see SNL last night where he hosted it? Good times!

I saw it Kag :stuck_out_tongue: Queer Eye for the Straight Gal :stuck_out_tongue:

I plan on going to see this movie, I’ve been a fan of Jack Black for awhile now, and he is a very funny guy, despite that he is also a great actor. :victoly: