Scheduling Fiasco

This sucks… I just realized something.
I posted a LONG while back that I was signed up for Chemistry 1, but there weren’t enough classes open, so they asked if I would take Physics 1 (helluva harder) instead. Not much of a choice, huh? Oh well, I’ve always made it by somehow. Anyone here know what physics requires?

Math and memory of formulas

I’m fucked.

lol that sucks donkeys.

One thing that I always found funny was the idea of teaching physics without using any calculus. It just doesn’t work that way.

Edit - to me, physics involved a bit of practical thought when it came to understanding concepts. When it comes to application, there’s a good amount of math to do, but it’s not number-crunching. Most of it’s thinking about how something works and what sorts of things are involved in the motion/system/whatever. That’s what I thought anyway.

Yeh, that’s another thing. I’m taking trig next year. I thought I needed Calculus or start taking it before I could go into Physics, but noooo, they’re just gonna FUCK ME OVER >.<

Take chem. Tell em to shove physics up their asses. They can’t take you out unless you ask. Or did you o_o. I don’t recommend physics for everybody. It requires a lot of work and to get it right, either heavy math OR mad vizualization skillz. Thankfully, I was taking calc when I had my first physics class and I’m pretty good at vizualization. However, my classmates, rather typical people, REALLY couldn’t think outside the box. So they got fucked. As in majorly. Bring the parents in. They tend to create ph34r with school administrations.

Nah, they pretty much shoved me in a corner. They made it sound like I asked to take Physics, but yeh, I was pretty much forced.
I’ll live with it. I don’t like causing trouble.

I sound like a complete wuss, but the guidance councelor said “Well, our Chemistry 1 classes are kinda full, and it would be a major help if you could take Physics instead”
I so wanted to say “FUCK YOU LADY”
But damn me and my polite bullshit when I’m talking to people older than me
“Oh, I don’t mind…”

I’m the same way, I’m too nice for my own good :(.

Well good luck with the physics anyway.

Good Luck with Physics, I had to take Physical Science last year (a combination of physics and chemistry), the only reason I passed the physics portion was the fact that my teacher took pity on me (there was a lot of math involved, and math is my worst subject)

Originally posted by Steve
“Oh, I don’t mind…”

At this point you conceded, therefore eliminating all rights to complain. If you did not want to take the class, you could have politely informed her that something else would be appropriate. Instead, you essentially kept quiet.

If you need help with physics, just give me a yell Steve. I loved the course and really didn’t have problems with any of the stuff that we covered (all of Mechanics C really). A lot of it really just does require common sense- you need to just think of what practically would work and use logic to a degree. It’s not that bad really. Also, is this calculus-based physics or trig-based physics? There’s a huge difference between the two when it comes to forumlas and such.

I’m taking a Physics Unit right now in my Science class…that is we’re starting out with the basics and will move ahead with another unit, and yeah, physics does require a lot of math and concentration to know what you’re doing…I passed math with a 51 and I’m having a little bit of trouble…but depending on your teacher and your method of thinking, you can root the formulas into your mind so you dont actually have to follow through with the whole math procedure…eh what I’m trying to say is, my science teacher taught up easy ways to convert units and get average speed, and all that crap and gave us little tips and tricks.I guess physics is not so bad as it is annoying…

Originally posted by Rountree
At this point you conceded, therefore eliminating all rights to complain. If you did not want to take the class, you could have politely informed her that something else would be appropriate. Instead, you essentially kept quiet.

You can’t very-well argue with someone who really isn’t giving you much of a choice there, rountree. Ya see, the thing is, they shouldn’t HAVE this problem in the first place. They shouldn’t ‘ask’ people to change their class from Chemistry 1 to Physics 1.

Originally posted by Kagon
Also, is this calculus-based physics or trig-based physics? There’s a huge difference between the two when it comes to forumlas and such.

Well fuck, I don’t know. It’s a high-school course so… fuck.