SATs

Originally posted by Curtis
The ACT sounds well-rounded, but is it rigorous? Are the questions hard?

Eh… I didn’t think they were. It tests to make sure you know the material and the concepts behind the material. It’s not a matter of knowing how to take the test but rather just knowing the stuff.

And yeah, the science part is basically looking at data and interpretting it. That’s why I said some basic science knowledge would probably be needed. I mean, you can’t interpret data if you don’t know any concepts. However, you don’t have to know any formulas like PV=nRT or F=ma or any of that.

I just took my SAT in Jan. and got a 1240.

I hope to get higher though.

From what i have heard about the ACT, its more comprenesive than the SATI

but the SATII’s have lots of subject tests. Those can be hard and are pretty good at determining how good you are at a specific subject.

The SAT1 doesn’t do its job at all. It’s too easy to guess your way through. I’ve never taken the ACT (it wasn’t offered at my school), so I can’t judge it.

I wasn’t able to take the SAT2, but it seems to be much better at judging strengths and weaknesses than the SAT1, in that you can choose what subjects you want to test on rather than be stuck with only english and math.