Sands of Destruction (World Destruction) announced...

…For FALL 2009!!!

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2008/121108a.html

Seriously, what the fuck!?

Ouch, I thought it was coming out sooner than that. That’s pretty weak right there.

At least we’re getting it though.

Yeah, that’s true. Maybe it’ll be the first good RPG from Sega in about eleven years, or however long it’s been since Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online came out.

SoA came out in 2000.

Wow. That was a long time ago.

Well, Phantasy Star 0 is due in Japan on Christmas Day, and if it’s anything to look forward to, it’s bound to be a damn good game (hopefully!). Maybe that’ll give Sega it’s good RPG in a while. Though they’ve been pushing out a lot of 'em lately.

I want Phantasy Star 0 to be good, but I have to admit that after PSU, I’m VERY skeptical.

Has anyone heard about how good the game is based off the Japanese version?

I haven’t even watched the anime yet. So I’ve got nothing on it.

Originally Posted by Skankin’ Garbage
Yeah, that’s true. Maybe it’ll be the first good RPG from Sega in about eleven years, or however long it’s been since Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online came out.

Wait? Are you saying that Valkyria Chronicles wasn’t a good RPG, or are you just not counting SRPGs in general?

What I’ve heard: Fairly solid story, not nearly as long or epic as Xenogears, even a little bit…funny? It sounds either well-balanced or schizophrenic.

Well, if you buy me a PS3 and a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, I’d be happy to give you an opinion. :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise, I pretty much only have the money for one next gen console, and I’ve already made my choice.

A group of rebels called the World Annihilation Front believes the only way to free themselves from the tyranny of the Ferals is to destroy the world.

I can see a weak point in this plan.

No, buy me one!

Huh? No way, I asked first >:O

Valkyria Chronicles strikes me as odd. Don’t get me wrong, now. It’s a great game and got very solid reviews, but it just doesn’t seem be that popular from what I’ve seen (I blame it on the PS3). Watched a few vids of it and I thought it to be pretty awesome. But the sales for it don’t seem be all that great (60,000+ in the US so far).

Now for Phantasy Star Zero…after playing it for a bit, it’s pretty addicting. Wi-Fi’s pretty cool as well, as I did a few missions this morning with some people. Still has that wonky-ass camera/targeting though… But I’m enjoying the game so far. (It better damn well come to the US!!!)