Samus Aran cosplay

Its not in my habit to post about stuff like this, but this one literally had my jaw drop.

Oh, I thought it was going to be Samus without her armor! :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously now, that’s one incredible fan-made costume.

I don’t care what the average fanboy might say. To me, Samus is never more appealing than in full body armor. Fuck the Zero Suit.

^ What the kirbtroid said. It takes one hell of a woman to make an all-encompassing suit of armor sexy.

A guy back home used to do a job about this good dressing up as Predator, but this is the next most impressive thing I’ve seen.

http://www.ripten.com/2010/11/28/cosplay-spotlight-morrigan-dragon-age-origins/

Morrigan disapproves

Morrigan is supposed to have green hair and little wings.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Hot.

I’d give HER a Screw Attack.

Up the butt.

I reckon it looks alright, but it didn’t really grab my fascination… to me it kinda looks like your average “well made” costume. However it is good, no doubt about that! I just don’t see the whole awe-inspiring thing about it.

You clearly do not realize a. How much work goes into a regular cosplay costume, and b. How much worse armor is. particularly complicated armor like Samus’ is.

How photoshopped is that picture? Any experts around?

Now THAT is a fuckin’ cosplay costume. None of that “Oh gee, I’m too much of a wuss to attempt to make and/or wear armor, so I’m just gonna go with wearing a leotard for the Zero Suit, tee hee!” crap. Yeah, you gotta look good to be the character to begin with, but if you aren’t gonna give 110% on your cosplay, GTFO.

Well you’re right I don’t know much about it! ^^; But I guess they’re a many people out there that are capable of doing it… I mean you need lots of time, money and most of all “know-how.” The people that make props and all for movies generally do this kind of stuff.

That’s true. You do need time, money, and knowledge. Which is what makes it impressive, because making this stuff requires a commitment on all those parts. The money part is actually the least demanding of them all, since people have wasted more money on what many might consider less impressive pasttimes. But having both the artistic skill to create a suit of armor like this, and more importantly are willing to put in all the time it would take to make it? And the fact she can actually carry herself well enough that yes, for a moment I can believe there is a Samus Aran? I’d say she deserves the attention and praise.

As a side note, the people who make props for movies and things do this kind of stuff, correct. But they get paid for it. It’s what they make their living off of. This is purely for one’s own sense of enjoyment. Which I find far more impressive.

While they may not get paid the big bucks that movie costumers get paid, I’m pretty sure the best cosplay end up with compensation. Obviously not the principal, but still; just about everything involves money at some level.

That’s definitely true… somewhere along the way I lost my keen eye for such aesthetic beauty; I too used to be impressed by such great works of art! This is what I believe to be the most important aspect:

…the people who make props for movies and things do this kind of stuff, correct. But they get paid for it. It’s what they make their living off of. This is purely for one’s own sense of enjoyment. Which I find far more impressive.

Thanks for reminding me! Now that I look at it from your perspective, it really does seem incredible! :slight_smile:

Hey guys remember the video of that guy who went to a convention dressed up as Kefka from Final Fantasy VI? Man that was a riot! Though he seemed to be channeling The Joker more than Kefka, it was still fun. Oh and Harley Quinn shows up too! Heck, let’s watch it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TRGt6QpMv8