RPGClassics Fanfiction Idea!!

What StarStorm means with his “NO”, is this:

Originally posted by † Lady ¤ Angel †
I’m a romantic gal, so I wanna know about any pairings you suggest, whether it be FF8 Character x FF8 Character, RPGClassics Character x FF8 Character, or RPGClassics Character x RPGClassics Character.

Of course you’re free to make a story, but please, for the love of God, please don’t write romance stories between game characters and “real person characters”. It’s simply not right. Take a look at this link, it goes to a story that Pierson wrote a while ago. To make it understandable, I’ll just explain a couple of technicalities first.
PPC = The Protectors of the Plot Continuum, a set of stories mainly about Lord of the Rings. In the series, assassins Jay and Acacia goes into fanfics where the plot of the books and movies are disrupted by “real people” entering the worlds. The disruptions are… eliminated in various funny ways. You can find all that stuff here.
Mary Sue = A Mary Sue, or Gary Stuart/Marty Stue for males, is an original character in a fanfic, who represents the author him/herself. These are always beautiful, loved by all, stronger than anyone else, can beat horrible enemies that even the heroes fear with their elbow and are utterly ridiculous. To get more insight in what I mean, check that link I made earlier, this one here below, and the one I’m about to make below that one too.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10740, PPC spinoff by Pierson about an FF8 fic.

And also, Godawful Fanfiction, honest reviews of some of the most horrid fanfics ever written. I’m not saying that any of your stuff is THIS bad of course, I’m giving this link in order to better explain what a Mary Sue is. ^^;;

are you talking to me chris chris or angel???

I must agree with Weiila on this one. That kind of pairings tends to degenerate. Of course pairings between RPGC characters should be fine, but I reccomend that you get all the information you need.

Hey! It’s still there! I tried looking for that thread a while ago and it had vanished. Meh.

Fics involving real people in main roles are on the whole a BAD THING. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop starstruck young fangirls and fanboys from doing them.

Notable exceptions include the Naar Saga and anything else around here, which are mostly humour-based and don’t involve relationships. Check them out, they rock.

Marshmellows: I was quoting Angel, so you may guess that it was her I was talking to. However, my standpoint remain for all, which was why I was a little hesitant about your story.

Pierson: Yeah, they can be tricky to find, those old ones. You might need to change “Show threads from last 30 days” to “100 days” or “since the beginning” to find what you’re looking for. That was what I had to do, and it was still a little tricky to get a hold of :stuck_out_tongue: Sneaky little buggers, yesss…

I’m working on a new one right now, I’ll post it when it’s ready on the same thread as last time.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I don’t think you’ve been here long enough to properly put together a good story about us. You only know the people on the media boards who read your stories, but there are a lot more of us on the main forum and in the chat room.

You’ve only been here 4 days. Harldy enough to right an accurate fic on people other than what they tell you to write. Either way, go for it if you want.

I dunno… if she reads Get Wise she might be able to at least accurately write about me :slight_smile:

Not if she pairs you up with Selphie, Quistis or any of the other girls, otherwise I agree with ya, Orak ^^;;

Look at the way they type. That’s all I need to say.

Well, the story isn’t just about you Orakio (much to your dismay) it’s about a lot of RPGC people. Therefore, I think she should probably wait a long time to write any story involving any of us, so that she gets a firm grasp on all of our personalities. By a long time, I mean something like a year - but thats just me. Usually when I write stories it takes me while, even if they are just short stories, sometimes I have to do a bit of research, which is what I’m suggesting for her.

Their typing skill as a direct measure of their personalities? That’ll only take her so far.

Is this positive or negative stuff?

PS: Thanks for your advice, Sorcerer!

Assume positive unless someone tells you otherwsie. It’s easier that way. See?:cool:

I see, I see, I see…s’cuse that! Thanks for the advice, Pierson! :hyperven:

I gotta chill out…WHAT IS UP WITH ME LATELY???

Dunno. Stress?

Eep…! Just when I thought I got over all that!!! :eek:

Heh. Just relax.

[SaddamAccent] Heeeey girl, relaxxxxxxx. [/SaddamAccent]

You’re right! Takes a deep breath I feel better!! SUGAR RUSH!!..Sorry, I just had sugar…