RPGCali Winter 2004 Talk

Well, the party is pretty much over. Surprisingly enough, I am the last one here; Kero had to go to work, and my ride doesn’t get here for another 1-2 hours. It seems like every party ends with me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, in true RPGCali fashion, a report thread is in order, and since the party is virtually done, I thought this would be a nice time.

I got there late ‘Friday night’; the ‘first day’ of the party. Because GM doesn’t pack until the last minute, and because his parents get lost easy, we didn’t actually arrive until Midnight. Everyone met, and hugged, and all that good stuff. It’s noteworthy to mention that Infonick was ALREADY DRUNK when I got there. :stuck_out_tongue: He was just speaking jibberish, but he was perfectly serious about it. If you were around the boards, you might have seen some of his MB posts. He was talking like that in person too; I swear to you, this is true :stuck_out_tongue: I got to meet Sinistral. I’d made one or two half baked plans to meet him before in the past, but now I finally did. There is one very funny difference between Patrick and I’s online and offline persona…Online, Sinistral cusses like a pirate, and people who don’t know him might think he’s an asshole, where as I come off as some sort of happy party guy who rocks (This is true, but still :P). Well, in person, it’s the complete opposite :stuck_out_tongue: Sinistral is like a fuzzy bunny in person. He almost never cusses, either! On the other hand, some might mistake my behavior and pirate-cussing as hostile. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways! Since it was so late, it was only a few hours before some people hit the sack, where as a few of us stayed up til about 4-5 in the morning.

We woke up the next morning at like 7…or should I say, I woke up, and when I wake up, the rest of the house mysteriously wakes up. :stuck_out_tongue: This day was a pretty normal day. We went out for food, vegged out, and later that day Patrick had to leave :confused: Oh well, he was going on to…shall we say…greater things, like bank deposits :stuck_out_tongue: Later that night, Infonick wanted to go to a Pimps n’ Hoes party. Simultaneously, Frameskip and Kraken showed up. The group divided at about this point, cos half the people wanted to go to the party, and the other half wanted to chill and play games. :stuck_out_tongue: So, me, CH, GM, and Infonick hit up this party. Most of the girls there that dressed up like hoes were actually pretty fuckin’ ugly, so that wasn’t very good. :stuck_out_tongue: CH got tipsy immediately, by drinking about a collective 5 shots of various liquors, so he was acting like me when I’m sober :open_mouth: Very strange indeed. :stuck_out_tongue: We hung out there for like 2-3 hours. I have to give props to one of the pimps there; he had this thong bandana. I thought MY outfit was the pimpinest outfit there (My regular attire :P)…UNTIL I saw HIS. I bow down; thong bandanas are intense. :stuck_out_tongue: When we got home, everyone was watching “Penn and Teller’s ‘Bullshit’”, and it seemed alright, but I just went to bed. :stuck_out_tongue:

The next day, Frame and Kraken had to leave in the early afternoon, so we saw them off…For a while, then, it was just me, Nick, CH, and GM…So, we decided to try Phantasy Star Online. Nick brought it, and didn’t think it would be so popular…but he didn’t count on me and GM already having characters. :stuck_out_tongue: CH and I both started new ones, and we played the HELL out of that game. :stuck_out_tongue: Later that night, we got a call from Vickimints. She is a cool gal, and she seems to think she has trouble talking on the phone. She might have, I dunno. I have trouble talking on the phone too :stuck_out_tongue: But one thing is for sure: She has a real thick southern accent. You should ask her to say “wrestlin’ frogs”, or should I say, “wrAstlin’ frAWgs.” It’s intense :stuck_out_tongue: After that, I don’t really know what happened, we probly played Video games. I just remember this day was really hazy. We went out a few times as per usual This was the uber-veg out day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Monday was a pretty veg-out day, too. We went out a few times as per usual, and we played Hackey Sack, which was just wicked awesome. The only problem is, we tried to play it after a big meal, in a musty, sweaty parking garage that has a very short ceiling. Well, suffice to say, Hackey Sack kicked our fucking ASSES :stuck_out_tongue: We went out to dinner that night at a Philly Cheesesteak place, and I just have to mention this. Not only because I like to boast, but because it proves just how wonderful flirting can work to your advantage if you can do it :stuck_out_tongue: When we got there, I decided what I wanted, and I went first. The conversation with the chick that took my order was normal, I asked her what was on the sandwich, and could I get this, and that, and blablabla. Well, afterwards, she was all like “Anything else?” and I just smiled at her and said “Well, a DISCOUNT would be nice.” She took me seriously and asked “Are you a student at UCLA?” (Kero lives close to campus) so I corrected her and said, “No no no, I mean like, a discount because of my attractiveness!” She laughed and played it off, but then when I gave her the money, she said “Ok, you convinced me” and gave me the discount. Damn right I convinced her :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, when we got back, we played some games, and then we watched an MST3K film…or rather, THEY did. I never had watched one before, but MST3K is really not-funny-at-all to me. I like the idea, but the jokes aren’t that funny, and they’re clearly not improvised. Maybe that’s why it isn’t funny? Oh well. So, I just crashed. I found out they crashed too after the movie.

Yesterday was probly the funnest day. CH left (That was the best part :P) pretty early, and we all saw him off :smiley: After that, GM’s mom said that she was on her way, so basically, GM had about another 4 hours left here. We decided, then, to go to the mall close here. Kero got in a bumper smackey accident (I don’t know what to call it; it wasn’t a fender bender, really :P). Nothing happened to the chick’s bumper, and Kero’s hood got bent, so nothing bad happened, and we were able to continue with our itinerary with no complications. Nothing particularly noteworthy was purchased, but it was a fun trip. I had Panda Express. :smiley: I normally don’t like Chinese food, but I loooooooooove Panda Express. :stuck_out_tongue: So when we got back, Kero’s friends, Deverly and her boyfriend, (I can never remember his name! :stuck_out_tongue: I just know he’s awesome :P) came over. At about the same time, GM’s mom arrived, heh :stuck_out_tongue: So, we saw GM off, and it was now just me, Kero, Infonick, Deverly and her boyfriend. We sat around and shot the breeze, and then played Mario Kart for a while. Afterwards, we all went to Arby’s for some roast ass beef sandwiched (I got a Chicken burger :P), and we sat there and kicked back for a while. After long, we went home and played PSO. Dev and Boyfriend left Arby’s to visit a friend or something, but they’d come by Kero’s later. When they arrived, we stopped playing PSO after long, but then nothing really happened. Dev left and her Boyfriend stayed over here and went to bed immediately. :stuck_out_tongue: So, the three of us just cleaned up the place. Nick decided to leave home…at like, midnight :stuck_out_tongue: So we saw him off. Kero and I just talked for a while and went to bed.

Now it’s today. Boyfriend left, Kero and I watched some comedy central, and I got packed. Kero had to go to work, and I am sitting around, waiting for my ride. I am probly gonna watch the Cowboy Bebop movie before I leave, but anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to everyone for showing up! Thanks Kero for letting me stay here, even after you left, lol :stuck_out_tongue: In a few hours or so, when I leave, the cali party will be officially over. I leave with a new copy of Growlanser Generations, some plastic condoms (:D), and surprisiginly, 119/196 dollars I had saved for the trip. A huge leap over the summer party, where I spend all 100 bucks I had, plus about 20 dollars of 984’s money (I love you 984 :D:D:D:D:D). Anywho, a good trip. Stay tuned for RPGCali Spring 2005.

And the first video is going to be uploaded soon. I just have to cut out the portion, add music, and upload it.

Well, gee, way to ruin the surprise. :stuck_out_tongue: The point is, anyways, that everyone who went can add in the parts that the main reporter left out. …Well, I guess you did that. lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Man, I had no idea there was another party. o_o; I haven’t talked to you in a while either, SG. Hope you all had a good time!

Oh, that is only a little tip.

EDIT: The first clip is up. It’s about 4.5mbs, so it isn’t too bad. It haven’t linked to it since I don’t know how you guys want to handle distribution, but it’s there. So post a link to it as soon as you guys.

Dammit, it’s not that bad. You’re so mean, I hate you so much.

The only reason I said “rasslin’ frawgs” was because you begged me to do it, bitch. :smiley: You know it’s true! Do you know how much effort it took to lay an accent on that thick? I do better faking a British accent than adding that much to whatever Southern one I have, lol. I hope you appreciate it.

I had fun talking with you guys. I’m looking forward to the upcoming media!

Oh, also, the next clips will come later, I’ve gotta get more music and see how to work it all. I’ll upload them as they come. I can upload the whole thing if anyone is interested in it, it doesn’t have any music though. It is 223mb though.

Yeah, you’re accent is so mild that you sort of have to pay attention and listen for it in order to hear it.

I didn’t get to talk to Vicki because all the guys got flittery eyed after talking to her and then hung up. When I asked why they did that without letting me talk to her, all they managed to slip out a dreary-eyed, “Didn’t you already talk to her?” before they started sighing. Anyway, it’s a shame Vicki didn’t get to talk to me, I’m sure she’d of remembered it for the rest of her life. =P

Also, here’s some video clips, compliments of Infonick, I’ll post them as they get put up.

<A href=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/staff/SG/CrazyNight.wmv” target="_blank">The Paris Hilton Video</A>

<A href=“http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/rpgcali/IntrosandDrunkInfo.wmv” target="_blank">The Rain Man</A>

Awesome, the clips are up and working. Nice titles GM. I laughed my ass off at the first title. The first clip contains the magic surprise that I alluded to.

I just watched one of those videos - I’m never speaking to any of you again. Except for GM, since he never got to speak to me anyway. :smiley:

:too bad:

Ah, I’ll make another clip and get it out to one of the staff so that things don’t look so bad.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!

That’s a good idea. The clip with Big shows all of us and it should put some of Vicki’s faith back in us and show that we truly are video game nerds.

http://rpgclassics.com/staff/cloth/PSOandBIG.wmv

yawn sounds like this party could have used one of the absinthe bottles I smuggled out of the czech republic.

please don’t alert the authorities to this fact.

Info never gets drunk around me. Sniff

Jeez, looks like I could out-do any of you when it comes to shots! (Just kiddin’!)

PSO… gah… must… resist…

Sin seems shy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sin was fried from 30 minutes of DDR on heavy (I haven’t played DDR in 4 months). God I look so quiet in these videos.