RPGC Group Project Proposal and Discussion

What they mean by dead is that there are only about 13 people around here these days.

Pretty much. Having been here since 2001, it’s been a pretty sad state of affairs.

Perhaps we should post a prominent news update on the front page of the site once the game is released, to encourage new visitors to participate.

I’d like to help, if at all possible. I probably won’t have the game for another month and a half or so, but I’ll contribute how I can until then. Online research into troubleshooting or something, perhaps?

I agree with SK. If the front page gets a lot of traffic, we should utilize that. RPGC has always been about user submitted content, and to get any submitted we need to let people know we’re looking for it.

What we really need is about four or five more GSG’s. Fact is, the playing field isn’t that level. Think about it - who writes the guides online? The same people that review the games. It’s just getting released but they’ve already played through the whole thing. I’m willing to bet a MyCheats SuperGuide will launch tomorrow, with the game.

wut

I am actually in an awkward position with my PS3 right now. My mom kind of took it away because I punched my dad, and I kind of took it back splinter-cell style and put it in the attic ( that way giving it back would be a nice gesture and she would probably just let me have it). The problem is, I can’t get into the attic because my mom’s drunk friend is staying here for a while before she escapes to California with her family. I can’t get into the attic unseen. I’ll probably do it tonight if I can find my backpack. I don’t know if it will work out, though.

…Why’d you punch your dad? Still, that’s…kind of an awesome story.

Got it, played for about 2.5 hours tonight, and am currently slapping together some notes.

Actually, somehow everybody is gone from the house so I just put it back. I hope my plan works out.

Well that’s unfortunate. But there’s plenty of other people who have the game who can contribute information. I just unlocked the weapon and armor upgrading and theres a whole lot of information to be cataloged.

Here’s the link to the wiki that Nulani created, in case it was missed by any of the people who have the game:

http://wiki.rpgclassics.com/index.php?title=Final_Fantasy_XIII

Maybe you can fill in little bits and pieces as you go along?

I’ll finish the game first then go back and collect information. Is what I’ve always done.

Crotanks, that strategy is suboptimal. To maximize the usefulness of the shrine to visitors and to prevent procrastination, the work needs to start happening now.

This is not the time to fall back on excuses. If you guys want to put your money where your mouth is, start plugging in data.

Nulani, please post a link to the wiki on the main page, see if we can prod some visitors into contributing. We should probably include a brief and simple explanation of how to register and how to make the edits along with the links.

And finally, stupid question: how do I create a new page?

edit: IDEA: we need to start advertizing these wikis on the main page. I just stumbled on the order of ecclesia wiki and it has good stuff in it.

Yeah, how do you create new pages? I don’t feel like writing the introduction right now.

Another dumb question: can you change the mode you view the page as? I really, REALLY don’t like to read white letters on a black background.

It has theme options in the preferences area, Wil.

Thirded. I’m ready to start uploading some info, so please tell us lowly wiki newbs how to do this?

Your humble servant. I think I never got around to making maps for it, though, which would clear things up a bit.

edit: I created the sub-pages needed for the wiki and c/p what should be in them from the main page.

The equipment and components sections looks like it could easily expand to three pages (weapons/components/accessories). If so, we just roll back the page and create 3 new ones.

Thanks for setting them up. The question remains, however; how do we actually make a page? (Not just for this project, but for any future wiki dealings.)

If it’s the same as most wikis, you just put the page name in your location bar (e.g. http://wiki.rpgclassics.com/index.php?title=Final_Fantasy_XIII/ItemList) and start editing.

Easy to say when you already know how to do it. Thanks for the heads up Cid.