RPGC gone Wiki :O

I made an RPGC page on Wikipedia, but currently it risks deletion since there’s only so much I can do ATM. What would be cool would be:

• if someone made a <b>wikified</b> list of all the shrines (meaning text that links with Wikipedia tags to the appropriate sections in Wikipedia)
  • the creation order of the shrines
  • add/edit to the history if you <b>know your English well</b> and if you can <b>make the history more neutral, or at least maintain neutrality in your additions</b>.
  • anything else that’s cool, run it by here first. It might not be suitable information for Wikipedia.

I still don’t think RPGC is wholly deserving of its own Wiki page, but that’s just me.

Wiki has the policy of deleting pages based on sites that aren’t important. Only huge megasites like eBay, Google etc or popular meme-based ones are allowed entry. I know because this was explained to me when I tried this last month for another site. :frowning:

Hey, all sorts of webcomics are on there, and they aren’t exactly the most important.

The FFC deserves its own page, as it’s been in published materials.

While having RPGC in wikipedia would be nice, I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Well, ok, it already happened, but it’ll probably get deleted. Another website I frequent submitted themselves to wikipedia, and they got taken off too.

Well, which webcomics? I would say quite a few webcomics deserve to be wikified. Now, since our Shrines ARE used as reference material for quite a few of the pages, I could understand an RPGC page merely detailing which Shrines we cover. Maybe a short history mentioning only a few things such as Rast, Jim, and neo-RPGC. No need to get into detailed revolutions; that can be one of the source links at the end.

And Cala is right about FFC. It’s been published… Twice now?

I remember when I first met wiki. It was 1942 Stalingrad. We had just taken alot of enemy fire from those damned reds when Wiki said: He Sie, erhalten Sie mich, daß Wodka oder ich Sie Ivan einziehen.

As much as it’s cool, Nothing Nice’s on Wiki. If they can get in, RPGC can get in with a decent enough entry.

Been visiting the site for a bit, never saw any reason to post in the boards, so i didn’t…

When i saw this thread, i thought it meant the site would be going wiki…i got excited.

I think it would be a good idea if RPGC were to switch to a Wiki style layout. Instead of waiting for shrines to be made, and begging people to make shrines on certain games, any user could start a page on a game, and work on it. There would be no need to register people on the server, set them up their own little filespace, and get them situated with the rules, as these things would be set up within the wiki system.

it would also make the database editable. say i know something about “random japanese obscure rpg”, and all RPGC has on it is a title, screenshot, and publisher. maybe i don’t know enough to make a full blown shrine, but i could at least contribute the little info that i know.

also, it would make collaboration alot easier.

just a thought from a nub.

Where’s the FFC been published? That’d be cool to see.

And I think RPGC does deserve a wiki page, it has such a huge amount of unformation on it, there are so many subsites, not to mention these boards as well, considering they seem (to me) to be quite a large online community.

Anybody got a link to the RPGC page? I can’t seem to find it.

It has been in EGM twice. I scanned images of it the second time, but have since removed them from my hard disk. Check the archives of the FFC’s main page.

This just in, it’s deleted already.

No it’s not. Cless has it entered as RPGclassics. Note the capitalization.

Shouldn’t that be a capital too?

Who the heck is RickK and what has he got against us? :stuck_out_tongue:

It SHOULD be. But you’ll notice Cless entered it as RPGclassics. Not RPGClassics.

Hey, these guys are arguing about the article being a direct copy of the one in the site. Can someone tell them that Cless is a staffer here?

I keep reading the title as RPGC gone Wild.

The FFC has been in EGM twice, but neither time was it more than a sentence or two.

I think it would be a good idea if RPGC were to switch to a Wiki style layout. Instead of waiting for shrines to be made, and begging people to make shrines on certain games, any user could start a page on a game, and work on it. There would be no need to register people on the server, set them up their own little filespace, and get them situated with the rules, as these things would be set up within the wiki system.

it would also make the database editable. say i know something about “random japanese obscure rpg”, and all RPGC has on it is a title, screenshot, and publisher. maybe i don’t know enough to make a full blown shrine, but i could at least contribute the little info that i know.

also, it would make collaboration alot easier.

RPGC demands very high standards of quality in our shrines. Having it easily editable would entirely defeat that very purpose.

Besides which, images are a very big part of the site and Wiki is not very well-suited to uploading and linking images. Neither would it easily allow a lot of the more complex layouts (such as picture walkthroughs or stat tables).