RPGC Forum Logo Contest!

I don’t know about you, but I’m sick of looking at the default vbulletin logo. So I propose a logo contest to replace it!

Rules:

• Submissions must be embedded, linked or attached in this thread before April 30th, 2011, 23:59 EST.
  • Logos should be 155px x 45px to easily replace the current logo. If admins are willing to accommodate different image sizes, this rule can be changed.
  • Winning logo will be chosen by a public poll which will be open from May 1st to May 15th.
  • Winning logo is subject to approval by the mods and admins.
  • Logo entries must be compliant to all forum rules (no tentacle rape, sorry).
  • This contest has not been approved by any mods or admins, so if you win, I can’t guarantee it will be used.

Here are some old logos for a starting point:

C’mon RPGC, let’s give it our best shot!

Sounds interesting! :stuck_out_tongue: I have one question though… I’ve noticed the whole castle theme, even with the newer RPGC 2.0 web template, is that something you guys want to incorporate into the logo? If not, what theme are you guys aiming for? (apart from RPGs… obviously ^^) Give us some direction so it will be easier and more effective. :slight_smile:

Charlemagne edit this to make a forum logo

It would be nice to have some consistency, yes.

Alright, I just got a rough here… I know it’s pretty cliched and pretty newb ^^ But tell us what you guys think!.. It’s bigger than specified, but that can change and you can add colour as well if you like!

Open to constructive criticism! :slight_smile:

I like Helios’s because it says RPGCHARL.

Is this thread for real? Are you guys “actually” interested on getting a new logo?

Because, no one seems to be giving me any feedback? You don’t have to worry about another “RPGDude” scenario unfolding again… I just don’t want to waste my time, however at the same time, I would really like to contribute! :stuck_out_tongue:

I would give feedback if the image/link worked for me. Host it somewhere else so I can check it out?

That’s actually pretty cool. Nice and modern.

Oh, I didn’t know that you couldn’t see it… sorry! ^^ Try this link: http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af248/helios19/RPGCLogo2.jpg

Thanks for the response Gila! :slight_smile: But to be honest I kind of looked at it again, and I don’t think it’s that great… I mean logos are supposed to be simplistic, memorable and clean! Whereas this is pretty cluttered… and probably won’t be very legible at the required size! (this is 300x150 px.) Maybe I should just keep the “RPGC” and get rid of the “lassics” part! What do you guys think?

If you liked Helios’s entry, you’re gonna love mine.

Here’s my entry:

I am unable to see it! :frowning: Perhaps it’s a similar problem to before… could you please give us a link?

I still can’t see yours helios, even with the link.

Okay, I think the problem was the colour mode? I changed it from CMYK to RGB. Now is my original post visible?

Get real. RPGC is stagnating. A new logo isn’t going to bring interest in actually making a shrine.

Well at least Locke is attempting to brighten thing up around here! Plus it’ll be fun anyway… :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, another idea for a logo could be in sprite form! However I’m not good at making sprites. So perhaps a certain someone could step in and give it a go… hint, hint… cough…cough…984…cough

Sprites have been done to death. If anything it should have that playstation 1 look. where it’s computer generated but still pixely.

Well I was thinking “sprites” because the people here are very “old-skool” (in a good way of course!) and I thought the logo should reflect that! I’m not too sure about the playstation idea… but I agree with “pixely”!