RPG Time Management

It’s 6:30 pm right now and I was playing Final Fantasy 5 since 7:30 Am.

Or so I thought.

The game’s timer says 4 hours 23 minutes, and I started today. All my time’s going down the drain.

For one thing, going in the channel is pretty time consuming

Did you reload/restart frequently or after a long time had to redo it all? Or was it a smooth continuous flow? If its yes on the latter, could be just bugging.

It wasn’t smooth. I remember hitting the escape key a lot to do things like look at faqs

The chat channel is a real time sink.

This morning I was up for 3 hours but got in less than an hour of playing. I spent less than an hour looking up Job System tips

I don’t know what’s going on

You really shouldn’t feel bad. If you enjoyed playing FFVII (on and off) for thirteen hours, more power to you. I played FFX for seveteen hours when I thought I was near the end of the game… I sort of promised I’d come back to it the day after when I hit Gagazet. o.o

Stop coming to the chat, then. Please.

People need to listen to TD more. He always has simple solutions to seemingly complex problems. =)

Go Holland!

:kissy:

“You really shouldn’t feel bad. If you enjoyed playing FFVII (on and off) for thirteen hours, more power to you. I played FFX for seveteen hours when I thought I was near the end of the game… I sort of promised I’d come back to it the day after when I hit Gagazet. o.o”

I dont understand what you’re trying to say

You hit the escape key. It was on an emulator, no? Did you hit the fast forward button at any point? I’m more than certain you did.

I only hit fast forward when I slept at inns and traveled the meteor warp. That only happened a few times

I’m thinking maybe RPG timers are slower than real timers.

No.

My brains fell out. I thought that you said that you were only playing for an hour and a half and it said four hours. Yeah- you should probably stop going into the chat. :stuck_out_tongue:

FAQs waste my time the most. I thoguht I was playing for 8 hours, but it was actually 4

I hit ESC whenever I look at the faq, so it looks slower

Today I played for a lot of time straight but I still didn’t get that far

I didn’t take extra time to grind in Final Fantasy 5, so why did it take 30 hours, the same time it took everyone else?

That didn’t count all the time looking at faqs to find side quests, boss tips, shop lists, and job info

I need some time management tips

^This is why I rarely visit the chat.

i’ve got a question what was the point of triple posting? Ummm i never look at my time but i could be based on a different time schedual if not i could be something lagging (down with lag!)

Wow, and I though 467 hours on Disgaea was bad. Off and on for a few years, of course; goodness, nobody has that kind of time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that sarcasm in the air? :slight_smile:

Some of it. But, really, I do have a Digaea file with over 450 hours of work on it. Only used Laharl, Etna, Flonne, Preire, and Marjoly. Most of them are around level 5500.

This is when i say “I need to make myself that good”