rpg maker

i need help on rpg maker. in my i want to make a boss but the book dosent say how. also i cant get my map to take me to a town.:moogle:

To make a boss fight, go to the Database [the page like icon on the top] and click on monsters. Click on the “Array Size” and make it 130. Go to one of the blank spaces and create your monster. Now go to “M. Groups” and change the array size. Make an unbeatable Boss group. Go back to the event map and right click one of the squares. Click on “New Event.” From there, double-click the event command and go to page 2. Click on “Enemy Encounter” and choose the group you just created. You can also make it so you can’t escape or something.

To teleport from the map to a town, go to the event map and right click one of the squares. Click on place “Teleport Event”. Go to the map you wish to teleport from and click on where you would get to the town.

This is how it is on RPGMaker2003, so if you don’t have that one, then try it anyway. It should work . . .

You wouldn’t happen to be using RPG Maker for the PS1, would you?

Originally posted by ~Silver Wings~
[b]To make a boss fight, go to the Database [the page like icon on the top] and click on monsters. Click on the “Array Size” and make it 130. Go to one of the blank spaces and create your monster. Now go to “M. Groups” and change the array size. Make an unbeatable Boss group. Go back to the event map and right click one of the squares. Click on “New Event.” From there, double-click the event command and go to page 2. Click on “Enemy Encounter” and choose the group you just created. You can also make it so you can’t escape or something.

To teleport from the map to a town, go to the event map and right click one of the squares. Click on place “Teleport Event”. Go to the map you wish to teleport from and click on where you would get to the town.

This is how it is on RPGMaker2003, so if you don’t have that one, then try it anyway. It should work . . . [/b]

in english please.

and yes i am using a ps1 version why do you ask.:moogle:

Cause there is a free version for PC which is a lot different, some might say better, but I’ve never used the PS1 version. To make a boss I’d say you make an enemy only stronger and maybe change the battle music.

Use the PC Version. You can import graphics and crap, and do much much more than you can with the PS1 version.

Unfortunately, it’s an illegal download, so technically we can’t go around linking it on the forums.

if its illegal then that dosent help me. does any one know?:moogle:

The PS1 version SUCKS in compairison. You’d best hock it for store credit. While we can’t link you to RPG Maker 2000 or 2003, one of them shouldn’t be TOO hard to find with Google.

i would like to keep the game until i have completed the game im making. ive done to much work on it to get rid of it. please someone out there must know.:moogle:

Okay then. Aren’t bosses just normal enemies that appear at certain places after certain events? There’s no special “boss” type of enemy. So just have it so that a boss shows up at a certain point, and the battle begins with one of it.

its not that simple. when i tried to make a boss that way the boss appeared regulary like an ordinary monster. and i cant find a way to make a fight in an event so i cant make a boss. please help.:moogle:

What I mean is set an event where you pass through a certain place, or talk to a certain person, and set it so that a battle starts. You can do that; I’ve done it with that RPG Maker before. It’s one of the events you can set; no different from adding text messages, really. Just set it so that a battle starts with that boss. Don’t add the boss to the encounters list, though.

The thing is you can make games other people can play for the computer on the non-PS1 one, while you really limit your audience with the PS1 version.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
What I mean is set an event where you pass through a certain place, or talk to a certain person, and set it so that a battle starts. You can do that; I’ve done it with that RPG Maker before. It’s one of the events you can set; no different from adding text messages, really. Just set it so that a battle starts with that boss. Don’t add the boss to the encounters list, though.

i cant find an option in events that allows a battle. does the option have a different name.:moogle:

I think it’s called “Battle”. Seriously, it’s just called Battle. It makes it so that you can’t run away, and it’s treated as a boss fight; you can select what appears on the battlefield, the music, etc.

i dont see that option.:moogle:

You’re in the Scenario menu, right? Check the things there; there is one that starts a battle. I’m certain. And I’d check myself, but my disc is scratched beyond all playability.

i dont see it. maybe we should look at the manuil for something we missed.:moogle: