Rock, Paper & Scissor

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Take curling for example. Or even poker. There are poker tourneys on ESPN2.

You don’t think before you type do you? Sure, Poker ain’t a sport but Curling most indefinitely is. You probably couldn’t pull off a succesful game of Curling if your life fucking depended on it. It’s a game of strategy and skill…speaking from personal experience as a former Curler…couldn’t stand the damned cold. “Sports” are games played against an opponent usually involving strategy, cunning and muscle. Although RPS is no muscular game and not really strategious Curling is. The rocks weigh anywhere from 20 pounds for the tykes and 40 up for the big people. It takes a lot of strategy and cunning to play a good game of Curling. Curling is a sport whether your feeble brain accepts it or not.

Ok Zombie first off CALM DOWN!!!
this is only a message board it isnt supposed to be taken that seriously.

ok back to the topic, yeah when i heard about this i thought it was messed but oh well next thing you know 4 square will become a sport:thud: .

My friends and I always use rock, paper, scissors if we can’t decide who will get up and turn on the tv, or many other misc. things. But it’s all out of lazyness.

Any international “sport” who holds its championship in a NIGHTCLUB is not a sport. Get a job idiots!

At least this has direct competition between players, that makes it more of a sport than golf is.

Most of you guys are taking this thing way too seriously.

It helps to have a definition when judging what a sport is. Mine has 2 requirements: Involves a degree of physical activity; victor is determined by quantitative means.

Hence: golf, bowling, curling are definately sports, as well as more commonly agreed upon baseball, football (both), basketball, hockey, lacrosse, track and field, swimming, etc.

Not sports: figure skating, diving, synchronized swimming, cheerleading, marching band, etc. These competitions require judges to determine the winner, which eliminates them from my definition of sports.