Rock, Paper & Scissor

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031026/wl_canada_nm/canada_odd_rockpaper_col_1

GO CANADA! I had no idea that game was played at a national level :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, that is dumb. What the crap would they need their own doctor to play that game. Besides that how can they even conisder themselves professional athletes, all they do it make three motions with their hands. Some people really need lives.

That’s messed up, but meh…

That’s Canada for you.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
[b]That’s messed up, but meh…

That’s Canada for you. [/b]

Shut the fuck up. It’s played internationally so it’s not just Canada. Ya moron.

:hahaha;

ahem

I’m sorry, but I just can’t take that seriously…even if it is a legitimate international sport.

Finally we get to prove our worth. Beat dat, chumps!

Pfft, give it a few years and Australia’ll be world champions there as well :too bad; :get it?:

It has it’s own website. Check it out.

For a laugh, take a look at the rules. Who would have thought it could take so long to explain.

Oi. One would wonder. But heh. IT’s money.

Cool.

There are so many things that are defined as sports, it’s silly.

RPS is a decision making game of wits, speed, dexterity and strategy between players who are unable to reach a decision using other means. The result of a match is considered a binding agreement between the players. In the case of professional or tournament play the decision is replaced by honour points toward a championship title. RPS is a game played by honourable people and therefore every effort should be made to commit to the outcome. The game is played by substituting the elements of: Rock, Paper and Scissors with standard hand signals.

What’sso freakin witty about RPS?! It’s just 3 hand motions, I have the right mind to smack every lastone of those people in the face and tell thenm to get a life! If only I had my RO 1337ness still, they’d be GONE!

You have GOT to be kidding…

They have no lives says the guy who goes on about his 1337 Rock Paper Sissor skillz. Really intimidating…

Rock always wins. Good ol’ rock.

Canada rawks.

It’s about as much a sport as bridge is.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Cool.

There are so many things that are defined as sports, it’s silly. [/b]

Take curling for example. Or even poker. There are poker tourneys on ESPN2.

At least poker requires some skill, even if not a lot. Gotta get a game face going.

Originally posted by Cala
At least poker requires some skill, even if not a lot. Gotta get a game face going.

And even then the rest is luck.

Poker is my FAVORITE sport. Its like chess, but ou lose money playing poker. :slight_smile:

How about Brickwall? I would almost consider that a sport.
Brickwall being a version of RPS where the two competitors grasp each other’s left hand and the winner of the round gets to hit the other person’s hand as hard as possible. This continues until someone cannot handle the pain. It’s funny when the person who hits hurts themself more than their oppenent.