Rightoues smokers! Right...

While I was working today, a guy comented on how smoking was disgusting as someone lite one up. The guy then got upset and it lead to stupid insults. It then led to them saying that they would charge $3 to see a movie I lent them. So I decided, heck, it’s my movie so I should get some of the profit. Then things went to them saying no since they have to buy cigarettes. So I said “Bullshit”, it’s my movie. Then they were like, “Besides, you get it for free when we have to pay” (referring to the second hand smoke). Ah, yes I just love having my lungs damaged for free, if I wanted it anymore I’d be paying. Right… Yeah, I’m so lucky that I get to smell their second hand smoke that I hate. Fuck, I’m already pissed that I can stand around a smoker and not have to hold my breath anymore (MANY people in North Carolina smoke). Just sort of pisses me off that they think that those who don’t smoke are lucky since we get the fumes for free. Right… We’re just so lucky… Fuckers.

People who smoke should attach a baloon to the tip pf the cigarrette so their smog doesn’t bug other people around them.

Originally posted by Ren
People who smoke should attach a baloon to the tip pf the cigarrette so their smog doesn’t bug other people around them.

That has to be one of the silliest ideas I’ve heard today. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never heard smokers talk like that… but, whatever. There are asshole smokers, and there are asshole non-smokers. shrugs

Originally posted by Rountree
[b]That has to be one of the silliest ideas I’ve heard today. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never heard smokers talk like that… but, whatever. There are asshole smokers, and there are asshole non-smokers. shrugs [/b]

I know a guy who has a patent for said balloon. You attach a flexible pipe to the cigarrete. The smoke generated at the tip flows through said pipe to said balloon. After you finish your cigarrette, you may connect another one to the pipe or throw the balloon in a trash bin. It has a closing system that keeps almost all the smoke from escaping. And it’s made of very resistant plastics.

It’ll never reach the market due to the weirdness involved in walking around with such a thing, but nevertheless it was a good idea…

How would you light the cigarette? -_-

You light it before you connect the pipe.

Originally posted by Ren
You light it before you connect the pipe.

Okay. Allright, I guess that it would work. shrugs

Originally posted by Infonick
they think that those who don’t smoke are lucky since we get the fumes for free. Right… We’re just so lucky… Fuckers.

… … … …what!? Is that guy serious? Oh yeah, I love being reduced to coughing fits so much and am so guilty about not having to pay for it. :fungah: that guy is IMO such a halfwit. -_- maybe we should stick him under an exhaust pipe, then he’d get fumes for free. Probably wouldn’t enjoy them as much :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I’d get pissed too. I hate it when people tell me how bad smoking is for me - yea, no shit sherlock. People who don’t smoke have no idea how irritating it is for you to light up in a park or something and have fucktard tell you how bad it is for you. It’s annoying as hell.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I’d get pissed too. I hate it when people tell me how bad smoking is for me - yea, no shit sherlock. People who don’t smoke have no idea how irritating it is for you to light up in a park or something and have fucktard tell you how bad it is for you. It’s annoying as hell.

Yeah. But I doubt that you would say something that stupid. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well no, but there is such a thing as rightous non-smokers. They are just as irritating.

Of course there are a lot of smokers in NC… it’s one of the main cash crops for the state!

I really don’t care if someone smokes in private, it is their choice, but when they start to smoke in public, they better damn well ask before they light up. Basically when a person smokes in public to the objection of others, they’re either consciously or unconsciously saying, “Fuck you guys, my 5 minutes of pleasure are more important than any of you or your opinions.” On top of that, the smoke smell cigarettes leave behind <em>never</em> goes away and many people are allergic to cigarette smoke.

It’s your choice if you want to smoke, but don’t force others to have to deal with the side effects of your decision.

When someone lights a ciggarette, you aren’t going to immediatly go into convulsionary seisures. If you see someone light up, just back away, or ask them to step away. Most people will be happy to do so, because we really don’t care enough to start a fight.

The effects of second hand smoke are massivly overplayed in the media. For example, they compare second hand smoke with first hand smoke, and say that it is even more dangerous than first hand smoke. While that may be true, in order for you to get greviously ill from second hand smoke, you’d have to be taking it in like first hand smoke, directly from the tip of the cigarette, and I don’t see many people doing that.

You have about as much of a chance of dieing from second hand smoke as you do being attacked by a rabid flying howler monkey.

<A href=“http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/faq-faq/tobacco-tabagisme/8e.html” target="_blank">Link</A>
[b]What can it do to me?

To be blunt - it can kill you.

Across Canada, over 3,000 non-smokers die each year from being exposed to second-hand smoke. Over one in ten of these people die from lung cancer. Most of the others die from heart disease and stroke.

And if it doesn’t kill you, it can make you sick. Second-hand smoke can:

Irritate your eyes, nose and throat
Give you a headache
Make you dizzy or nauseous
Make asthma worse
Increase your risk of respiratory infections, or make them worse. These include:
colds
bronchitis
pneumonia.
The more you are exposed to second-hand smoke, the greater your risk. For example, restaurant workers are exposed to almost twice the amount of second-hand smoke that is in offices where smoking is allowed. Bar workers are exposed to levels that are about 4 to 6 times higher than offices
[/b]

Sure, it’s not “convulsionary seizures”, but then again, Radiation doesn’t immediately send you into convulsionary seizures either, but it’s accepted as a bad thing to be exposed to. Any side-effect is bad enough, no smoker has the right to make the decision to subject another person to those side effects. Ever.

I don’t mind people smoking. As long as they don’t do it with me next to them in confined areas such as lifts, etc.

Heart Disease and Stroke? Should I point out what else causes heart disease and stroke? That doesn’t mean much, considering that Heart Disease and Stroke are caused by a multitude of things, and if anything, Second Hand smoke only helps onto those, but second hand smoke is not the sole factor in those diseases, especially if someone died from it.

In fact, a lot of the things you listed as results from prolonged exposure to second hand smoke fall into this category.

You’re focusing on the wrong thing, Sorc. The question isn’t if second hand smoke is harmful or not, that’s not important, the question is “Is it right for smokers to expose non-smokers to second hand smoke?” In my opinion, the answer is a short and simple “No, it’s not right.” That’s all I’m trying to say.

Yes, but part of what we’re talking about is people being an ass of themself. People don’t have to be exposed to second hand smoke if they don’t want to be. Just walk away, or politly ask the smoker to step aside, and he most likely will, and if he doesn’t, and you are truly scared of whatever dangers you feel second hand smoke ensures, then you should back away.

But considering that smokers are a minority engaging in a deadly activity, should they really have the right of way? I don’t think they should. If anything, the smokers should go somewhere else if they want to smoke a cigarette, not the other way around.