Revealed at last!! One of Spider-Man 3's villains!!

oooh, I see. Wait, Merl, why do you think Magquire and Dunst would stop making Spider-man flicks? They do such great jobs!!!

On another topic, but still related, did you guys know that Spidey had an enemy called “Sin-Eater”? I’d like to see Sin’s reaction.

I don’t want Harry to be the Hobgoblin, mostly because he never was the Hobgoblin. Fuck the Hobgoblin.

What about Demogoblin? He doesn’t get enough love.

That’s cause he’s stupid. He’s better than like only ONE Goblin ever, that being Green Goblin (III).

I wonder how long it’s going to take Peter Parker to figure out that the Sandman is weak against indoor/outdoor vacs.

Hmm, could the Sandman thing be a misdirection? Maybe, but I don’t think so. It was about this time of the year that Doctor Octopus was revealed as the villain for the Spider-Man 2 movie. And if SM3 is going to have two villains, revealing one at a time would be the smartest thing, publicity-wise.

You know what would be cool? If Harry became Venom. That never happened in the comics, so it would be a cool thing to see happen. Venom can be anyone the symbiote attaches to… and if he’s going to fight Peter, I’d rather it be because the symbiote made him, and not have him go fully nuts like his father.

Well no matter how they decide to have Harry fight Peter, if done right it should be pretty cool.

That would be very interesting indeed, but I don’t think it would happen. Harry is already under the Goblin’s spell, so I think it’s safe to say that it would be much more like for him to become the Hobgoblin than Venom.

That said, I don’t know much about Venom, so if somebody could post a link, that’d be great. I have to run to class. We’re installing wireless NICs in the lab today. sarcastically Whoo hoo!

Maguire got injured during Spider-Man 2, and it was feared he was going to drop out of that movie. That never happened, and actually there’s a joke in the movie in reference to that (“I’m back I’m back!!” falls of a building, hits a car “My back my back!!”). I haven’t heard anything about him being injured doing SM3 though, and I think I would’ve picked it up somewhere if he had been.

Yeah they’ve been great. But, I think they only signed 3-picture deals; and younger actors tend to want to avoid being “typecast” as that character, so I suspect the two of them are going to move on after this project. It’s looking like Sam Raimi is going to do the same after this movie, which is why I hope they conclude the Green Goblin-trilogy this movie rather than rushing into something like Venom/Sandman.

Im all for Venom being the villian. That dude rocked.

Exactly. Which is my problem with all of these retarded “OMG Venom would be awesome in it” comments.

Making a movie with somthing JUST because it is awesome does not make for good continuity. Look at the transition from Mortal Kombat to Mortal Kombat2 (the movies)…

The second one threw every character into the film and it FUCKING BLEW.

Venom shouldnt be introduced yet, while he is cool, as stated before it just wouldnt flow well with the other movies. :hint:

I would love to see the beginning of an Eddie Brock rivalry with Parker started in SM3, but I think the symbiote and all that stuff should be saved for the fourth film. And then there’ll be Carnage in the 5th film, and it’s likely downhill from there.

The 6th can have Rocket Racer. Maybe the Spot. And the Swarm! The Foolkiller! Plantman! AND THE WALRUS!

Peter: How do I shot web?

Venom: I dunno, lol.

I don’t know if I can ever forgive Steve or Dev for letting that go untyped for this long.

On more serious matters; I had talked before SM2 came out, and before it was revealed that Doc Ock would be the villain, that I expected Harry to become the hobgoblin. At the “cliffhanger” of that movie, I turned to my friends and said, “I hate it when I’m right.”

As much sense as it makes, I don’t know if the actor for Harry, whose name I am too damned lazy to look up, has the chops to pull it off well. He hasn’t demonstrated, as far as I’ve seen, the ability too appear batshit insane that DaFoe had.

I know that in at least one interview Kirsten Dunst has stated that she did not want to continue playing Mary Jane after a third movie. Tobey Maguire, I’m not so sure - I haven’t seen anything concrete about it.

That said, I don’t know much about Venom, so if somebody could post a link, that’d be great.

Hero you go, Xero:

I have to admit that I was never as impressed by Venom as many other people were, but still, he’s cooler than a lot of other Spider-Man villains (and more closely connected to him, as well) which makes him a definite choice, if not in this movie then a future one.

And yeah, the Harry subplot HAS to be resolved this time, regardless of whether he goes Villain or not.