"Retaliation:Afterpiece Noir" Chapter 1 Part One

Well, I thought I could post the first part of the first chapter.

“Retaliation:Afterpiece Noir”

Chapter One:“The Afterglow Of A Dream”

Part One

But to make any kind of sense out of my situation I had to go back. Back to the night where the russian roulette spun into my life again.

I was out of it. Out of my mind, out of my nightmares. Selphie had proved my innocence, and I was now a regular citizen of Galbadia. Ridiculously, I had managed to slip through my history of justified violence, unpunished- a hero again.

A hero. What an empty word for such great price to play the game.

I was left drained. Of all the things on this world, I thought getting Rinoa’s revenge would make me complete. Clearly, I was wrong. I felt absolutely empty inside- because all those things that had made me what I am; pain, hate, revenge, murderous hunt for the truth… had slipped away from my hands faster than sand.

Selphie and I used the time to pull ourselves together. Following the newspapers to see what was going on, and crying in the long, sleepless nights, I was not recovering. My body had given in to everything for a month- the fuel of my madness was no more.

Then, I learned that Balamb Garden was re-constructed into a new, slightly improved version. C.O.N.C.E.A.L. had helped it. Selphie and I considered the alternatives; either to waste life in this dark room, or to go back there and face the facts about us needing Gil.

So I went back to where I had started out. Selphie refused to come, but I went to New Balamb Garden anyway. They took me in, no questions, no exams. They knew better. I had managed to go through them with top grades once, and I was damn sure I wasn’t going to fail.

And that’s when it started- the wreck of my past coming back on me.

In the eyes of those I killed, I saw the eyes of those traitors. When I slashed the soldiers as they came, I felt like slitting a ghost open.

I didn’t know for how long I ventured out with a thirst for cure. I then managed to get my hands on something- some ungodly amounts of Prozac. Pills to ease the pain, drugs to soothe me, you name it.

I left SeeD, cause it had been my disease, not my cure. My depression ceased a bit when I left New Balamb Garden. I went back to Dollet, moved in with Selphie, and went back to being a private eye again.

And there, I met someone.

Her name was Leia. She had raven hair like Rinoa. She was so very much like Rinoa in so many ways. It was as if Hyne gave this one blessing to me, to make me get some sanity out of the hurricane. We started dating for a year, and then, we moved in to a seperate apartment, together.

Selphie approved that.

Then, three years ago, some murders started taking place all over Galbadia. The murder weapon was cut out to be some sort of slashing weapon, and they said that it was similar to the gunblade. All of the murders had been women, all of them had been on women with raven hair, like her. But I had been so numb with that “ungodly amounts” of Prozac I was on, that alarm bells remained silent. I invesitaged it all, but found nothing in return.

For three years, I ran around like a headless Chicobo.

Leia was there for me. For Rinoa’s sake, I was more open towards her. We investigated this whole thing together. We stood strong together. I had a regular job, except for the cases I had, and my life was steadying down a bit.

I thought that my life’s train was back on it’s tracks. And I actually believed in it.

The sun was going down as my steps approached to the door of our apartment. The weather reports had said that, rain and snow storms, sometimes together were coming on Dollet.

The sun went down, foreboding something for me. I walked in from our door, and said, “I’m home.”. But no answer came. I listened in, and thought I heard a muffled scream. I didn’t like the way it had all started. I could almost see a plate full of barely eaten pasta on the floor. I was in for the whole show.

Gripping my gunblade tight, I approached to our living room. And there she was. Leia, lying down. On top of her was a black-clothed man( I could tell from his body form, which was a little bit odd), holding a thin knife that was sticking out of the left side of her neck.

“Leia! NO!!!” I screamed as I lunged forward to her body. Leaving the knife, the killer ran off and jumped off the window. I looked down. Leia was clearly dead. I could tell from the empty accusing stare of her eyes. Her throat was slit with the thin, curved knife.

“Leia! Don’t die!” I sobbed as I fell on my knees. I held her to my arms, her skin felt so cold. She wouldn’t call my name again. I then noticed that our living room was completely a mess. She had obviously fought against the killer of hers.

I pulled out the knife, Leia’s blood flowed into my hands. I slipped the knife to my trenchcoat’s pocket, as I turned back to her. “Leia, please! Don’t die! Please!”

And thus… She left.

And I will not reveal anymore. Opinions are welcomed and expected! No wait, scratch that! GIVE OPINIONS YOU SLAVES!!! (CRACK!)

a) Only Cala may order us around like that. You have been warned.:enguard:

b) Cool.:cool: I’d have to read the original (link?), but this is pretty mysterious, like Weiila said about the prologue, in a good way. Keep it up!

One thing though, I’d keep everything within the same thread instead of making a new one each time. I doubt people’d complain about necroposting if it was in a good cause (I got away with it).:mwahaha:

Hello Pierson.

Okay, I will not joke around like that again.

Thank you.

And I will not make a new thread from now on, thank you very much.

Ooooooooooooooo! And, uh…Ooooooooooooooo… and just, Oooooooooooooooo!

In other words…plain English this time, no ‘oo’ language…it was soooo cool! Hurry up and update! I wanna see more!!

…Sorry if I sounded demanding…

Gimme your e-mail adress… No wait, I’ll get it, and send whatever I have written so far to you.

Soon, I mean, my time on the net is up for today, I’ll send it tomorrow.

Okay, okay. On request, I’m posting Part Two, and that’s all I came to so far. I actually had came up to Chapter Two, but deleted it all to part one, to make it better.

Here it is, Kitty Cat Gal, Lilac, or anyone else who wants to see it.

Chapter One:The Afterglow Of A Dream

Part Two:Panic Attack

I don’t know for how long I held on to her dead body, crying my eyes out for her.

It was all an overwhelming sense of a disgusting deja-vu to me. Rinoa’s murder. Leia was the same. She had been taken away from me by the hands of my demons. I had to find out why. I had to find out who.

I barely heard the front door being bashed open as I pressed my head against her chest. I was stroking her raven hair with my shaking hands.

“Holy!” one of the officers exclaimed, bringing me to here and now. The first emotion I could feel in this repeating nightmare was panic. Absolute panic.
“Freeze! You are under arrest!” the G.L.E. officer told me. I ignored it, and got to my feet. I gripped my gunblade tight. A mist covered up the air in front of me. I could only notice that there were SeeDs with the police force.

When the mist ceased, I saw those who had betrayed me. They were mocking me with their undying smiles, the blood of Rinoa rust on their lips. I screamed in rage, in a moment’s madness and charged. My gunblade ripped right through the mist, and the violent, mocking shapes of my enemies.

They weren’t SeeDs. They weren’t of G.L.E. They were my ghosts, they were what wouldn’t let me go after all those things I had given out of myself.

When I had pulled myself together again, I counted ten bodies lying on the floor. Bunch of screams accompanied my scene of violence, and more footsteps came along. G.L.E. had probably had a sattelite lock on my current position. I didn’t think. I turned around and ran to the window as bullets tore the air behind me. I shielded my face with my arms, and threw my body outside. It was a one-story fall.

Lucky me.

And as screams, orders and commands rose from our apartment, I was gripping LionHeart. I had just given them a reason to frame me again. Ten bodies, next to the woman I loved. Just like Rinoa. Just like Leia.

I started running in the snow, as it picked up the pace and started to bring it’s cold doom into my life again. I had to get away from this house and the nearby area.

I don’t know for how long I ran in total shock and panic. I was a panic attacker. Any kind of “Boo!”, and heads would roll. I ran inside the new and fresh snow. I was a panic attacker…

In the white wisp of a trail my breath left in the air, I saw the skulls of those who had betrayed me. The smiles that forebade doom was clearly visible through the wisp I left behind. Those smiles proved that, I was one of the damned. I was decieved and betrayed again.

Finally, I held on to the first visible object in front of me- it was a phone. I Remembered Selphie. I remembered her, and concentrated on her to make this nightmare cease.

I fished out for a coin Gil in the pockets of the slightly baggy blue jeans I was wearing. Nothing came out, and my white, slightly baggy t-shirt didn’t have any pockets to begin with. So I dug deep into my trenchcoat’s pockets when one of my hands, it was hard to tell which, found a metal object. It wasn’T a coin though. I didn’t care for it at the point. I let it go and finally found a coin. I inserted it to the phone and dialled Selphie’s mobile phone number.

“Hello?” Selpihe asked, she was breathing fast,
“Selphie! You gotta come here… Something…” I looked at my shaking, bloodstained hands. So much for the stone-cold killer Leonhart.
“What the hell happened!?”
“You gotta come to Dollet Pub”, I said, my eyes fixating to the blinking lights of the pub, “Something happened.”
“I’ll be right there!” she said, and I hung up. As I was taking a step towards the pub, something happened.

The phone rang.

I cast the phone a look, as if it was a huge Snow Lion ready to eat me alive. It was ringing. For me, again. It couldn’tve been Saladin- Kiros was dead. And NTH? Laguna was sleeping with the worms. The ringing tone smiled at me like a horrific music from a horror movie. I reached out to the phone, and gently picked it up. I took the stool and asked, “Hello?”
“Am I speaking to Mr.Leonhart?” a familiar voice asked.
“Y-yeah.” I stuttered.
“My name is Seagill. Come to Dollet Communication Tower, immidiately. The person you’re expecting may wait.”
“How do you know I can trust you?”
“Count on the truth to rest with me, Lion.” And then he hung up. I left the stool and started to run to the Communication Tower. I had to talk to this mysterious stranger and go back before Selphie came.

I ran as fast as I could. I was so eager to walk again in the snow, right into the path that was steadily taking me to my grave. I knew it from the start. I hadn’t like the way the show had started, and I was sitting in the main actor chair this time.

Dollet Communication Tower was still decaying like the cement shoes in line underneath River Styx. In front of it, someone was waiting for me.

It was one of those nostalgic moments you had. Just when you thought someone was dead, you should’ve known, you were fooled again. It was Kiros.

“You died…” I could say, as this ghost from my past found it’s flesh and blood.
“You didn’t check the room for the dead. You left.”
“So, this is where the mighty Saladin goes to? Leaving me inside some panic attack.”
“I knew this could’ve happened. Staying inside C.O.N.C.E.A.L., I know many things. But not all yet. I say, you should look around for the knife in your pocket.”
“Why? And what’s it to you, Brox Sulva and rest of the Project SeeD team are dead.” I couldn’t let myself feel it, but I was feeling a tiny wisp of hope.
“I’m into this in order to-HOLY SHI-” a gunshot tore the air, and a bullet sped by me. It all happened in slow-motion. I saw the bullet, shining in the dim sunlight, and the laser targeting pointer right in the middle of Kiros’ forehead.

Bullseye.

The bullet tore through his skin and skull, sent him backwards into the snow. He was clearly dead. His empty eyes looking at the tower, his mouth shaping his next word.

I looked around, and saw someone in black clothes diving into the snow. The snow quickened it’s pace, like an orchestra of depression into my situation.

My only ally was dead. But thanks to him, in a way, the afterglow of a dream was coming back to me, burning with a tiny flame.

A dream of revenge.

Okies, opinions welcomed and expected. Please grant this hopeless author your opinions of free minds!

Okay, okay. On request, I’m posting Part Two, and that’s all I came to so far. I actually had came up to Chapter Two, but deleted it all to part one, to make it better.

Here it is, Kitty Cat Gal, Lilac, or anyone else who wants to see it.

Chapter One:The Afterglow Of A Dream

Part Two:Panic Attack

I don’t know for how long I held on to her dead body, crying my eyes out for her.

It was all an overwhelming sense of a disgusting deja-vu to me. Rinoa’s murder. Leia was the same. She had been taken away from me by the hands of my demons. The who and the why were both mysteries in this maze.

I barely heard the front door being bashed open as I pressed my head against her chest. I was stroking her raven hair with my shaking hands.

“Holy!” one of the officers exclaimed, bringing me to here and now. The first emotion I could feel in this repeating nightmare was panic. Absolute panic.
“Freeze! You are under arrest!” the G.L.E. officer told me. I ignored it, and got to my feet. I gripped my gunblade tight. A mist covered up the air in front of me. I could only notice that there were SeeDs with the police force.

When the mist ceased, I saw those who had betrayed me. They were mocking me with their undying smiles, the blood of Rinoa rust on their lips. I screamed in rage, in a moment’s madness and charged. My gunblade ripped right through the mist, and the violent, mocking shapes of my enemies.

They weren’t SeeDs. They weren’t of G.L.E. They were my ghosts, they were what wouldn’t let me go after all those things I had given out of myself.

When I had pulled myself together again, I counted ten bodies lying on the floor. Bunch of screams accompanied my scene of violence, and more footsteps came along. G.L.E. had probably had a sattelite lock on my current position. I didn’t think. I turned around and ran to the window as bullets tore the air behind me. I shielded my face with my arms, and threw my body outside. It was a one-story fall.

Lucky me.

And as screams, orders and commands rose from our apartment, I was gripping LionHeart. I had just given them a reason to frame me again. Ten bodies, next to the woman I loved. Just like Rinoa. Just like Leia.

I started running in the snow, as it picked up the pace and started to bring it’s cold doom into my life again. I had to get away from this house and the nearby area.

I don’t know for how long I ran in total shock and panic. I was a panic attacker. Any kind of “Boo!”, and heads would roll. I ran inside the new and fresh snow. I was a panic attacker…

In the white wisp of a trail my breath left in the air, I saw the skulls of those who had betrayed me. The smiles that forebade doom was clearly visible through the wisp I left behind. Those smiles proved that, I was one of the damned. I was decieved and betrayed again.

Finally, I held on to the first visible object in front of me- it was a phone. I Remembered Selphie. I remembered her, and concentrated on her to make this nightmare cease.

I fished out for a coin Gil in the pockets of the slightly baggy blue jeans I was wearing. Nothing came out, and my white, slightly baggy t-shirt didn’t have any pockets to begin with. So I dug deep into my trenchcoat’s pockets when one of my hands, it was hard to tell which, found a metal object. It wasn’T a coin though. I didn’t care for it at the point. I let it go and finally found a coin. I inserted it to the phone and dialled Selphie’s mobile phone number.

“Hello?” Selpihe asked, she was breathing fast,
“Selphie! You gotta come here… Something…” I looked at my shaking, bloodstained hands. So much for the stone-cold killer Leonhart.
“What the hell happened!?”
“You gotta come to Dollet Pub”, I said, my eyes fixating to the blinking lights of the pub, “Something happened.”
“I’ll be right there!” she said, and I hung up. As I was taking a step towards the pub, something happened.

The phone rang.

I cast the phone a look, as if it was a huge Snow Lion ready to eat me alive. It was ringing. For me, again. It couldn’tve been Saladin- Kiros was dead. And NTH? Laguna was sleeping with the worms. The ringing tone smiled at me like a horrific music from a horror movie. I reached out to the phone, and gently picked it up. I took the stool and asked, “Hello?”
“Am I speaking to Mr.Leonhart?” a familiar voice asked.
“Y-yeah.” I stuttered.
“My name is Seagill. Come to Dollet Communication Tower, immidiately. The person you’re expecting may wait.”
“How do you know I can trust you?”
“Count on the truth to rest with me, Lion.” And then he hung up. I left the stool and started to run to the Communication Tower. I had to talk to this mysterious stranger and go back before Selphie came.

I ran as fast as I could. I was so eager to walk again in the snow, right into the path that was steadily taking me to my grave. I knew it from the start. I hadn’t like the way the show had started, and I was sitting in the main actor chair this time.

Dollet Communication Tower was still decaying like the cement shoes in line underneath River Styx. In front of it, someone was waiting for me.

It was one of those nostalgic moments you had. Just when you thought someone was dead, you should’ve known, you were fooled again. It was Kiros.

“You died…” I could say, as this ghost from my past found it’s flesh and blood.
“You didn’t check the room for the dead. You left.”
“So, this is where the mighty Saladin goes to? Leaving me inside some panic attack.”
“I knew this could’ve happened. Staying inside C.O.N.C.E.A.L., I know many things. But not all yet. I say, you should look around for the knife in your pocket.”
“Why? And what’s it to you, Brox Sulva and rest of the Project SeeD team are dead.” I couldn’t let myself feel it, but I was feeling a tiny wisp of hope.
“I’m into this in order to-HOLY SHI-” a gunshot tore the air, and a bullet sped by me. It all happened in slow-motion. I saw the bullet, shining in the dim sunlight, and the laser targeting pointer right in the middle of Kiros’ forehead.

Bullseye.

The bullet tore through his skin and skull, sent him backwards into the snow. He was clearly dead. His empty eyes looking at the tower, his mouth shaping his next word.

I looked around, and saw someone in black clothes diving into the snow. The snow quickened it’s pace, like an orchestra of depression into my situation.

My only ally was dead. But thanks to him, in a way, the afterglow of a dream was coming back to me, burning with a tiny flame.

A dream of revenge.

Okies, opinions welcomed and expected. Please grant this hopeless author your opinions of free minds!

It’s not healthy befriending Squall, I must say… ^^;;

No pain, no gain:)

Weiila, can I ask, have you read “Penultimate Force”? Or does it suck sooo bad that you’re afraid to tell me?

Thank you on the commentary, it, of course won’t befriend Squall:)

Ach, sorry about that. :confused: I’ve just had a hard time finding time to read this week between the driving school and my other homework, but I just sent a letter to show that I’m alive at least :slight_smile:

No problemo, I can understand if you’re busy. I myself will only have access to writing on afternoons of saturdays starting from this Monday, cause I will be studying for the rest of the week.

Ouch :confused: I feel your pain, man.