Rest in Peace, Pioneer 10. You will be missed ;_;

Holy shit, this is what summer vacation does to me. All this big news and I’m just concerned what to eat for lunch…

I didn’t know something like that did so much. Shame…

Originally posted by Ren
[b]She went way past Pluto and you’re still thinking of Mars?

… [/b]

Mars is most likely to be our next terraformation(if we ever get to this kind of tech) after the moon and is a lot closer to us. That will probably be bigger than discovering what the surface of Pluto is like.

Originally posted by Rogue Paladin Trian
On the space news side, at least we have plenty of Mars exploration to look forward to in the next couple years.

And the exploration of the Juipiter moon: Europa.

Originally posted by Nulani
And the exploration of the Juipiter moon: Europa.

And maybe we’ll find little sea creatures in a perhaps warm center of Europa OMG OMG Arthur C. Clarke I love you.

…sorry…

Hadn’t heard of the Europa exploration, actually. Who’s doing it? NASA, the European Space Agency, or maybe even Japan?

A probe is going there to scan the ice and stuff. Check for the special edition of SCIAM last year, they say a lot of things about water and ice over Europa.

Originally posted by Rogue Paladin Trian
[b]And maybe we’ll find little sea creatures in a perhaps warm center of Europa OMG OMG Arthur C. Clarke I love you.

…sorry…

Hadn’t heard of the Europa exploration, actually. Who’s doing it? NASA, the European Space Agency, or maybe even Japan? [/b]

NASA.

Thanks Nul. I’m a little bit behind on my Sci-Am and Sky and Telescope (about 6 months or so, and for whatever reason I’m reading March’s issue now, even though I didn’t read a couple before that), so I missed that tidbit.

One word: V’ger.

I swear, it’ll happen. Pioneer will come back to haunt us… >_>;;

Originally posted by Kero Hazel
[b]One word: V’ger.

I swear, it’ll happen. Pioneer will come back to haunt us… >_>;; [/b]
I remember that episode of Star Trek.

I don’t. Care to enlighten me?

It wasn’t an episode, it was a movie. And a pretty good one.

The Voyager (Don’t remember the number) somehow gained intelligence and became a super hella-big computer with it’s own hella-big starship. The Voyager (or V’ger) was searching for his creator, which if I remember correctly, was on the Enterprise.

Danke.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
[b]It wasn’t an episode, it was a movie. And a pretty good one.

The Voyager (Don’t remember the number) somehow gained intelligence and became a super hella-big computer with it’s own hella-big starship. The Voyager (or V’ger) was searching for his creator, which if I remember correctly, was on the Enterprise. [/b]

Ah. Star Trek the (Slow) Motion Picture: The First Movie. They had to find something else than the Animated Series to keep the fans at bay: Which, amazingly, the Orignal Series had aquired.

Seraphim got a few details wrong, so here follows the accounts of Nulani; the overtired.

Star Trek the (Slow) Motion Picture is about the earth once gain being threathened by a seemingly unbeatable enemy; what a suprise. Guess what: Admiral James T. Kirk, and the rest of the crew abord the USS Enterprise, is sent off to resuce the world once again; and, of course, abord a redesigned Enterprise, just so they can show off their model making skills and make Kirk look like an idiot as he nearly destroys the entire ship by accident. The seemingly unbeatable enemy is V’ger: Also known as Voyager 6; which they didn’t launch in 1996, or ever. It got caught in a wormhole, was warped miles and miles away, into the hands of a species of computers who decided to help it complete it’s programming; aquire as much knowledge as possible and them return to it’s creators. Of course it’d be dreadfully boring if it didn’t aquire so much knowledge that it became intelligent, decided that the humans couldn’t be it’s masters, and to destroy them with this really huge spaceship: Which has an even bigger energy cloud that they use at least half the movie to fly through; it’s also an excellent period of time to go do something more important, like painting small faces on your fingers. It’s needless to explain the (Slow), or should anyway. Oh. And needlessly to say, they save the Earth (again), if only so they can do it again later: From an ugly proble that wants to speak to hunchbacked whales. I actually liked that one. As for the motion picture, at least it introduced the really cool Klingon theme: TaTaTa… TaaTaaaTaaTaTaTaTA. Or something like that.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Ah. Star Trek the (Slow) Motion Picture: The First Movie. They had to find something else than the Animated Series to keep the fans at bay: Which, amazingly, the Orignal Series had aquired.

Seraphim got a few details wrong, so here follows the accounts of Nulani; the overtired.

Star Trek the (Slow) Motion Picture is about the earth once gain being threathened by a seemingly unbeatable enemy; what a suprise. Guess what: Admiral James T. Kirk, and the rest of the crew abord the USS Enterprise, is sent off to resuce the world once again; and, of course, abord a redesigned Enterprise, just so they can show off their model making skills and make Kirk look like an idiot as he nearly destroys the entire ship by accident. The seemingly unbeatable enemy is V’ger: Also known as Voyager 6; which they didn’t launch in 1996, or ever. It got caught in a wormhole, was warped miles and miles away, into the hands of a species of computers who decided to help it complete it’s programming; aquire as much knowledge as possible and them return to it’s creators. Of course it’d be dreadfully boring if it didn’t aquire so much knowledge that it became intelligent, decided that the humans couldn’t be it’s masters, and to destroy them with this really huge spaceship: Which has an even bigger energy cloud that they use at least half the movie to fly through; it’s also an excellent period of time to go do something more important, like painting small faces on your fingers. It’s needless to explain the (Slow), or should anyway. Oh. And needlessly to say, they save the Earth (again), if only so they can do it again later: From an ugly proble that wants to speak to hunchbacked whales. I actually liked that one. As for the motion picture, at least it introduced the really cool Klingon theme: TaTaTa… TaaTaaaTaaTaTaTaTA. Or something like that.
[/b]

Close enough to what I remember, which is not too much considering I haven’t seen it since I was 8. The side-coments reflect my opinion too.