Rest in Peace, Pioneer 10. You will be missed ;_;

Last signal from her was received on January 22 this year. It seems it’s died off without energy. It can’t get much solar energy since from its point of view the sun looks just like any other star looks to us here on Earth. Serious, IRL, when I read it I couldn’t keep a tear from roling down my cheek (I am NOT being sarcastic). I would like to say some words for her.

Your work was not in vain, explorer of our new frontiers. The data you have collected have helped men of science in changing humanity.

You were the first piece of humankind to reach that far. You achievements will take eras to be remade. Your name will never be forgotten.

Farewell, Pioneer 10.

It was bound to happen some day, its not like it was ever going to be recovered.

Dude, you’re like a half a year too late, and I did this thread already, WHEN SHE DIED. Let our revered dead rest in peace, you necromantic blasphemer.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Dude, you’re like a half a year too late, and I did this thread already, WHEN SHE DIED. Let our revered dead rest in peace, you necromantic blasphemer.

Strange, I don’t remember such thread

I didn’t know it before today, dammit.

Neither did I.
puts right hand on heart and bows her head

Oh, well, uhh, I mourn with you. It’s been painful for everybody.

Jesus Christ. Looks like people are still mean. >_< Not much has changed while I was gone.

a huge fleet of Federation ships moves in and a funeral march can be heard, echoing through the skies like a mourning muse

sniff
And so a great pioneer completes it’s journey, into the unknown. We loved the beautiful photos you took Pioneer 10. Rest in peace; and may we sometime in the future be able to retrive you and give you a resting place on Earth.

Of course. In ten years or so none will remember it.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]sniff
And so a great pioneer completes it’s journey, into the unknown. We loved the beautiful photos you took Pioneer 10. Rest in peace; and may we sometime in the future be able to retrive you and give you a resting place on Earth.

Of course. In ten years or so none will remember it. [/b]

If I wasn’t ubber sad I would say something that would quickly be censored for that last comment.

Er… it’s a fucking satellite.

Actually. It’s a probe. You see sattelities don’t leave the orbit of earth, nor do they go on epic journeys of exploration.

May the science god be with it… ;_;

Bah, Nul’s right, the moon is a satellite… :stuck_out_tongue:
I just meant it’s not really alive (because it DIED BAHAHAHA)
er, yeah, it’s a machine.

So was Data. ;_;

Ah, and so the plots for many, many, many wonderful science-fiction stories have dodged becoming anachronisms (you know…the ones where people in the future find an early space probe from Earth).

On the space news side, at least we have plenty of Mars exploration to look forward to in the next couple years.

I think we’ll live to see the day someone lands a feet on the red planet.

On the other hand, fifty years ago people said that by the 2000 we would be flyin’ trough space in silver latex outfits.

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
On the space news side, at least we have plenty of Mars exploration to look forward to in the next couple years.

She went way past Pluto and you’re still thinking of Mars?

Pioneer 10 was the first “Probe” to offically exit the Solar System.

it also carried a gold record plate to Id humans to an alien group if it was recovered by them.

It will be missed.

breaks into crying