Republicans vs. Democrats Round XXXVIII

My friend sent this to me. A Republican shouts out against Democratic Presidents and defends Bush:

FDR…
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman…
finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy…
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson…
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton…
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden’s head on a platter
three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has …
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
put nuclear inspectors in Libya,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered
300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking, but…
It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the
Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51 day operation.

We’ve been looking for evidence of
chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to
find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division
and the Marines to destroy the Medina
Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to
call the police after his Oldsmobile
sank at Chappaquiddick.

Thoughts?

The comments about FDR and Truman are just stupid.  Japan was an Axis power during WWII.  Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and what was the United States supposed to do after losing 2,000 men and 17 ships of the Pacific fleet?  Also, it was CONGRESS that declared war on Japan, not FDR himself.  Hitler probably would have invaded the United States anyway; many Americans feared that Hitler wanted to conquer the entire world.  450,000 men also isn't too many men lost compared to the 7-12 million that died in the USSR.

Truman and Kennedy started wars with Korea and Vietnam because there were threats of communist takeovers in Korea and Vietnam.  The members of NATO had already made it clear that they considered the spread of communism a threat to democracy, and Truman had recently established his containment policy of squelching communism where it tried to expand.  Vietnam turned out to be a disaster for the United States, but communism was still a huge threat.

Well, what if FDR hadn’t of led us into war? We could have gotten along with the Nazis? That’s ridiculous.

North Korea didn’t attack us, but they attacked our allies.

There was still a communist threat in North Korea, which is why Kennedy started a war with them.

EDIT: About FDR, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Someone’s got their head so far up their patriotic ass that they didn’t take time to read up in their history books.

And wow, I didn’t realize that the US’s only problem was with terrorists. And we’ve done such a WONDERFUL job of fixing that, huh?

I’m agreeing that FDR leading us into war was justified, and that we had no choice because of Pearl Harbor.

Ah, okay. Then I do agree with you.

Really, we’ve pissed off more terrorist organizations with our actions than we’ve actually stopped.

As long as we can stop them and can fight them in the open disrupting their chains of command and diverting people and money to fight us instead of planning for another 9-11.

Also great job on the artile OmegaFlareX it sort of puts things in context.

Its extremely easy to say things so simply, and glorify Bush. I can say:

Kennedy:
-Successfully made peace agreements for nuclear testing
-Solved Nuclear Crisis with Cuba
-Attempted to make peace with Russia while in the Cold War
-Took care of evil communist Korean leader
-God

Bush:
-Puts America in the terrible situation of war in Iraq
-Wastes thousands of lives, and billions of dollars
-Asshole

Of course this is all based on bias. For instance I can say the following:

-Clinton did nothing to prevent the spread of terrorism.
-Cheated on his wife numerous times.
-Had numerous attacks against the U.S. and did hardly anything about it. (No wonder why recruiting was down so much under his presidency).

What we need to do is stop name-calling like so many people like to do and debate the issues rationally. Honestly you can hate the man if you want but why lower yourself by calling him an asshole? You don’t see me posting anything rude or inconsiderate.

I still don’t see how getting a blowjob from an intern is so hugely wrong. Most of the kennedies and MANY previous presidents had problems with adultery, and i’m pretty sure one or two died with syphillis or some other STD.

Clinton also was the only person who made a true effort to stop the conflicts between Israel and Palestine.

Well, all other shit aside, the econony was awesome while Clinton was in office, and we had a surplus. Look now. The entire deficit isn’t from the “war” by the way, I’d probably blame shit like tax cuts for the rich and shit like that on it.

That’s the thing though. It is immoral to get a blowjob from someone else when you are already married. You took wedding vows so you should keep them and hold them sacred.

Except terrorists don’t fight out in the open. They use suicide attacks, bombs, and guerilla warfare. Iraq should be enough proof of that.

And the issue is spinned again. My mother got a tax cut and she wasn’t part of the upper class, she was in the middle class. It was a tax cut for a lot of people not just the rich. I don’t dispute the fact that the economy did very well under Clinton but we did enter the recession in his last days. Now we are trying to bring the economy back up. Something like 300,00 job created last month? Though I don’t know, maybe more or maybe less, I don’t really follow the econcomy that closely.

And you’re right OmegaFlareX this is an enemy unlike any other we fought before. Russia-we knew where they were, same as Germany, Japan, etc. These are people that you must follow very closely because they will do anything to achieve their goals. Including using women and children.

Yet Derk completely ignores what I said. The only reason it’s made into a big deal is because we actually found out about this one. I’m betting if we knew half the shit many other presidents did, republican or democrat, people wouldn’t be so quick to jump on Clinton about one fucked up thing he did during his presidency. Yet, it’s all bad to hate Bush, even though he’s fucked up during his whole presidency.

I didn’t ignore you, you are right, if other things were released it probably would make Clinton look less like how people have labeled him.