Recent FF7 Findings (possible Spoilers)

Okay, old game, but this last time through it i noticed a few things that i didnt before.

First off, Aeris couldnt possibly have come back to life for Holy to work. She had to “return to the planet with a prayer for Holy” for Holy to be summoned. You must die to return to the planet.

Cait Sith is Reeve… i think… Or that whiney guy from the train.

Level 64 is too low to beat Emmy.

And Ruby.

Zack is dead as a squashed possum. He didnt react to either Jenova or Mako radiation conditioning, so therefore, he was as mortal as any normal person. He died.

Cid is a voyeur.

Trying to think if i left anything out… can’t remember…

Um, I thought it was pretty obvious that Cait Sith was Reeve, and that Aeris died. The bit about Zack can be shown if you revisit the Shinra Mansion basement in disc 3, where you’ll see a scene (yep, he’s definitely dead). Besides, nobody says that Mako or Jenova cells make you immortal. O_o Even Sephiroth was mortal (you do kill him at the end, remember). Not to mention the myriad SOLDIER grunts you fight in the game. 8p

First off, Aeris couldnt possibly have come back to life for Holy to work. She had to “return to the planet with a prayer for Holy” for Holy to be summoned. You must die to return to the planet.

Obviously.

Cait Sith is Reeve… i think… Or that whiney guy from the train.

They tell you that in game.

Level 64 is too low to beat Emmy.

Not with the cheapest matera combos.

And Ruby.

See above.

Zack is dead as a squashed possum. He didnt react to either Jenova or Mako radiation conditioning, so therefore, he was as mortal as any normal person. He died.

Open to debate even with seeing the scene. I think the man in the pipe is Zack, just with really heavy brain damage. He has a number 1 or was it 2 tatoo, but either way Hojo did start the whole Sephiroth clone thing with Cloud and Zack. Cloud was a “failure” and the test subject hence no tatoo, Hojo never says what happened with Zack, but if he was a “success” then he would have gotten the first tatoo. Though by the Jenova reunion Cloud is the only clone left alive, and the man in the pipe is gone. So he is most likely dead by the end of the game. I haven’t played in a while, so my memory is sketchy, but that was how I saw it.

Cid is a voyeur.

Not quite sure what you are refrencing for this, but Cid is a dirty old man, so I’ll take your word on it.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Um, I thought it was pretty obvious that Cait Sith was Reeve, and that Aeris died. The bit about Zack can be shown if you revisit the Shinra Mansion basement in disc 3, where you’ll see a scene (yep, he’s definitely dead). Besides, nobody says that Mako or Jenova cells make you immortal. O_o Even Sephiroth was mortal (you do kill him at the end, remember). Not to mention the myriad SOLDIER grunts you fight in the game. 8p

Well, technically, the SOLDIER grunts were only treated with Mako, not Jenova.

And Frameskip, technically you don’t even need cheap materia combos, just good luck. Three words: Cait. Sith. Slots.

And also, if that was Zack, he didn’t NECESSARILY have brain damage. If he recovered from being shot, maybe he started drinking and was wasted whenever you see him. When he does sober up, maybe he just goes away. Maybe he’s a drifter with a drinking problem. Hey! An idea… Zack could be the subject of FFVII-2 on this basis. /sarcasm

1 - That “Zack are the sick dude in the pipe” theory is good. I never thought of it that way.

2 - Cid is cool, and not dirty! He just has an atitude problem or somethin’.

I dunno . . . the Shinra soldiers who shot Zack down in the first place would most likely have checked to make sure he was dead. They didn’t check Cloud, I know, but he was in his ‘deranged’ stage. His glassy stare probably scared the feck out of them.

Also note the reports in the upper room in the Shinra Mansion basement. They say specifically that one person died and the other one they left there.

Damn. And my idea for an FFVII-2 plot goes out the window./sarcasm again

Zack is dead. Cloud would have recognized Zack, folks.

Originally posted by Silhouette
Zack is dead. Cloud would have recognized Zack, folks.

Well you are right Zack is dead. But if you are talking about him recognising him, if he was the man in the pipe. That would bge impossible, since at that stage in the game, Cloud could not remember the real Zack.

One thing you have to consider is that IF Zack was the man in the pipe, wouldn’t Aeris (his old girlfriend) have remembered him, and called him by name, and not just the sick man?

PS: Born Loser, if you only just realised this stuff, where have you been? All that stuff is pretty clear, to anyone who paid attention during the game!

PS: Born Loser, if you only just realised this stuff, where have you been? All that stuff is pretty clear, to anyone who paid attention during the game!

well… a bunch of hardcore FF fans do seem to be argueing about it 7 years later…

Yeah, a lot of it was clear. I didn’t know the thing about Aeris though. But technically, she still could’ve come back to life and Holy would’ve worked. It didn’t say that she had to return to the Planet forever, did it?

And the thing about Zack, I thought he was dead until Frameskip aroused my suspicions about the man in the pipe. And Heaven’s Soldier made a good point and now I’m sure that wasn’t him.

Well, i played the game alot, and you dont catch certian details the first time through, and after the first time, i kinda didn’t read most of the text.

Bugenhagen says on the airship, that a person has to return to the planet with dire need for Holy for Holy to be summoned. The only way to return to the planet is to die.

Zack and Cloud didn’t have tattoo’s. Lucrecia, Vincent’s babe, says that people who are injected with Jenova cells dont die easy. This would explain how Cloud could be run through by Sephiroth and live. But since Zack didn’t have any reaction to the Mako or Jenova cells, he would die as easily as anyone els.

I was never sure that Cait Sith was Reeve because… how could Reeve controll the stuffed doll, and argue with Heidigar and Scarlet at the same time ? Then when Barret calls him the Shinra Manager, wich was what the whiney guy on the train was called, it just made me question it.

I got the Voyeur part from the end of the 2nd disc, Tifa was like “You… watched us ?!?” Also… Did anyone els have their
Chocobo’s commit incest ?

Edit: i didn’t answer Heaven’s Soldiers question. I’ve been in FF8, FF9, FF10, and old forgotten realms games.

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
Damn. And my idea for an FFVII-2 plot goes out the window./sarcasm again

They really are thinking of making a sequel to it, for PSP.

Originally posted by Born_Loser
Bugenhagen says on the airship, that a person has to return to the planet with dire need for Holy for Holy to be summoned. The only way to return to the planet is to die.

Can’t actually remember what he said, so I can’t comment on that.

Zack and Cloud didn’t have tattoo’s. Lucrecia, Vincent’s babe, says that people who are injected with Jenova cells dont die easy. This would explain how Cloud could be run through by Sephiroth and live. But since Zack didn’t have any reaction to the Mako or Jenova cells, he would die as easily as anyone else.

You are right she does say that, but Cloud was a normal person (or at least as normal as a Shinra guard can be), when Sephiroth run him through. So it was more than likely pure adrenaline that allowed him to kill Sephiroth. Later on the scientists saved Cloud and Zack, since they could never return to normal life, after seeing what they saw. So they thought they have another shot at the Sephiroth-making-process.

I was never sure that Cait Sith was Reeve because… how could Reeve controll the stuffed doll, and argue with Heidigar and Scarlet at the same time ? Then when Barret calls him the Shinra Manager, wich was what the whiney guy on the train was called, it just made me question it.

Well Reeve, was a Shinra Manager, but there are a lot more than one. There’s probably one for every single area in the company, at least. And whenever he spoke with someone else, he let Cait Sith go on auto pilot, or at least cut off the reponse system, so no one could hear the other group talking.

I got the Voyeur part from the end of the 2nd disc, Tifa was like “You… watched us ?!?” Also… Did anyone els have their
Chocobo’s commit incest ?

And it’s not really Voyeur, since the two never really got up to anything, as far as we know. And besides several of the group wee also on the Highwind, possibly watching them.

Also what is with this Chocobo Incest thing? What does that have to do with anything? And so you know, I never had a parent mate with it’s child, never had to.

When Tifa said that, yeah, she was talking to everyone, not just Cid. 8p And there is an indication that something happened, because that scene is different. If Cloud has a low “emotional value” for Tifa (or vice versa, whatever), Tifa will say “Were you listening?” and will be just a bit annoyed. If he has a high value, though, she’ll say “Were you watching?!” and look like the world just fell down. 8p

Cait Sith was controlled by Reeve, but when he goes alone into the ancient temple (to shrink it) place he trips then starts acting like he is a different person. I might just be misunderstanding what happened, but… I never really could follow the plot quite well enough.

Originally posted by Born_Loser
Also… Did anyone else have their Chocobo’s commit incest ?

Many, many wonderful times, although I never thought about it that way until you just mentioned it. Jeez.

Erm, I have not played FF7 in ages so what is this “pipe” thing?

The ‘pipe’ thing as you put it, is referring to the man in the pipe, in Sector 5(?) of the Midgar slums. The one where if you try to talk to him, Aeris says “This guy are sick”. One of the most famous errors.