reason why some teens use drugs

Y do you think that of those teens who do drugs actually do them
i think its just out of curiosity

They are fooled into believing it gives them some form of satisfaction to look like a staggering idiot.

They are fooled into believing it gives them some form of satisfaction to look like a staggering idiot
i guess that would be other eh?
i need these for an essay im writing so please vote

Ah well you can’t really clump everyone together.

And you can’t limit drug users to these options.

Every teenager is different and sure, some of them take drugs for the same reason, but remember, there is such a thing as individuality.

Maybe you could focus your essay on only one aspect of why teenagers may use drugs instead of stereo typing them all together?

I did drugs out of simple curiosity. Some of the drugs I’ve done, I found I didn’t like very much, and those were limited to the one timers (coke, meth, and acid, in this case). Others, I found I enjoy a fair amount, and there are some that I like doing, but only occasionally. Mushrooms are one of those occasional drugs. Weed, I smoke on a fairly regular basis.

I know there are people here who are probably going to judge me for this, but…I don’t care. :ah-ha!:

NP: Psycho Motel - Sins of Your Father

Mostly just curiosity. Nobody ever pressured me into doing drugs; I was hanging around with some friends, and they started smoking. I was already smoking cigarettes (also, one of those curiosity type of things), so smoking weed wasn’t very much of a difference. I don’t really do it very much anymore, about once a month I guess.

Because they’re a bunch of godless heathens with no sense of right or wrong.

Maybe you could focus your essay on only one aspect of why teenagers may use drugs instead of stereo typing them all together?

I am but i need some statistics on why they use or started using drugs

In a lot of cases, I don’t think you can only attribute one reason to why they started taking drugs. For a great deal of people, it’s a combination of factors, like their social circumstances, peer pressure, and in some cases simple curiosity. I do know some people, though, that take drugs just because they think it makes them look cool. People do drugs for different reasons, I don’t think you can single one out.

Originally posted by Rubicante
I did drugs out of simple curiosity. Some of the drugs I’ve done, I found I didn’t like very much, and those were limited to the one timers (coke, meth, and acid, in this case). Others, I found I enjoy a fair amount, and there are some that I like doing, but only occasionally. Mushrooms are one of those occasional drugs. Weed, I smoke on a fairly regular basis.

you didn’t like coke? hmm must’ve been something wrong then…
I did that once too, and I had the time of my life, but after that I never had the urge to do it again, as for the others meth and acid I did a few times, but they were just mediocre, Mushrooms are fun but they’re even more fun when you don’t do them but all your friends do… and Weed… well nothing special here, just the occasional blow…

the best drug, in my opinion. is Alcohol, it never fails to get me in a good state, oh… and sex is a good one too

Other: Because they’re stupid.

Why people use drugs? Ok…My friend is a god damn pothead because he likes feeling good. I’ve never got high so it really didn’t make a difference to me. He’s done mushrooms and said that was a great experience, although he can’t remember why, (said something about playing solitare and laughing). We both smoke for some reason as well. He’s a hardcore drinker as well, while I drink for the taste. (Yes tired and old but I’ve never actually been drunk). Rebellion can be one reason why teens use drugs. Take for example my friend’s dad. He grew up in a house without alcohol, tobacco, or gambling. He went off to college and went berserk when his parents finally were out of his hair. Thats what lots of college kids do. They get to experience something they never had before. Thats all the observations I have, and I doubt they will help.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Because they’re a bunch of godless heathens with no sense of right or wrong.

Wow.

I did weed a few times. I wont do it again though, mainly because i was so out of it i would always end up hurting myself.

I dont know, its kind of fun, not to be high, but to be around everyone while you’re high. Everything is so funny, and you’re so happeh.

EX-
A taco bell commercial came on while we were stoned in my friends basement and he was like, “I WANT TACOSSSH!” I dont why but it was the funniest fucking thing i have ever heard or seen in my life. Even now when i think about it i crack up.

EDIT- Haha, this other time was even better. This one dude bum rushed the pizza guy and was like “3 PIZZAS FOR THE CHEAT”

Originally posted by DaBigVT
I am but i need some statistics on why they use or started using drugs

Get some real statistics instead of conducting a survey on a message board.

I, personally, have never did any drugs. Simply because I’m broke and when I have money I have more important things I want to spend it on. The thing that turns me on to the whole idea of trying anything is simply curiousity and exactly how good it makes you feel.

I have a friend that smokes weed, not really regularly or anything, and he says he just does it cuz it makes him feel good. I’m all for that. I think anything in moderation and used right is a good thing, even drugs. But like everything else there’s always someone to abuse it.

I never have, but I was considering it at one point. Never certain why I was.

Well, I’ve only really done 1 hit of weed, so I’m not really an expert, but I mainly did it because I was having a good time with my brother and sister and some of their and my friends from long ago and I figured what the hell, why not.

Also you may wasnt to look in to programs like DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) as a reason people do drugs. I did a similar survey of people around my school once and a surprising amount started doing drugs because they learned they existed through the programs and got curious.

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
Other: Because they’re stupid.

heh

Originally posted by Frameskip

Also you may wasnt to look in to programs like DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) as a reason people do drugs. I did a similar survey of people around my school once and a surprising amount started doing drugs because they learned they existed through the programs and got curious.

Haha, that’s true. I did drugs out of curiousity, and that curiousity first started from hearing about them in anti-drug programs.
I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a weird, almost morbid, fasination with drugs for a long time. I could read about them for ages, although there’s a lot I wouldn’t touch, mainly stimulants, barbituates, and opiates. Hallucinagens are sweet though.

Sometimes it might be because of peer pressure, and other times it might be because they think it’s cool. It is definitely NOT cool!:fungah: